Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo printing during the Pandemic?

Options
  • 16-04-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where one can get photos printed in the city or near by?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

sporina wrote: »
    Thanks

Upstairs in Boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Thanks

I used the Harvey Norman app and did it remotely - they posted them out and I got them a few days later. If you're not in a major rush it's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

Upstairs in Boots?

thought of that but not sure if its in operation - must check but doubt it is..
    Thoie wrote: »
    I used the Harvey Norman app and did it remotely - they posted them out and I got them a few days later. If you're not in a major rush it's an option.

wow thanks thats so cool
    will check that out

wow thanks thats so cool
    will check that out

There's lots of "print photos from your phone" apps out there. Including one that pops up in my ads every 30 seconds, and claims to be free. I went with the Harvey Norman one as I'm familiar with their printing, but they're not the only company.
    The name of the app in the Google Play store is "Harvey Norman Photocentre IE".

I think the stuff is printed in Dublin and posted out.

There's lots of "print photos from your phone" apps out there. Including one that pops up in my ads every 30 seconds, and claims to be free. I went with the Harvey Norman one as I'm familiar with their printing, but they're not the only company.
    The name of the app in the Google Play store is "Harvey Norman Photocentre IE".

I think the stuff is printed in Dublin and posted out.

ok great thanks - your v helpful..

just rang boots btw - their photo printing service is not in operation - thought as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ok great thanks - your v helpful..

just rang boots btw - their photo printing service is not in operation - thought as much

I use an app called free prints, 30 free prints a week just pay for P&P

I use an app called free prints, 30 free prints a week just pay for P&P

That's the one I keep seeing. Do you mind me asking how much is the P&P? Do you _have_ to print 30 a week -is it a recurring credit card charge? What size are the prints, or do you get to pick sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That's the one I keep seeing. Do you mind me asking how much is the P&P? Do you _have_ to print 30 a week -is it a recurring credit card charge? What size are the prints, or do you get to pick sizes?

My apologies its 30 a month, my P&P is £3.20 (I live in the UK) and you can choose to print all 30 or just a few. No recurring charge, only pay for the prints you request.

There are different sizes and they also do canvas or story books, these obviously cost more but the ones I have seen that friends have got done are very good quality.

anyone tried snapfish? its the 1st one that came up on my apple app store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

anyone tried snapfish? its the 1st one that came up on my apple app store

Pretty sure they ship from Holland but I have used em before and the quality was grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

McCauley's pharmacies are printing photos, you have to order them online but they print in store for you to collect. I've printed photos like this before and turned out fine.

McCauley's pharmacies are printing photos, you have to order them online but they print in store for you to collect. I've printed photos like this before and turned out fine.

oh i wondered about them - got pics printed in blackpool once - are they doing it now during the pandemic though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I have used photofast.ie in the past. It is a shop in Sligo. From their website, they say their online store remains open. Thought it might be good to spend a little extra to support a small Irish company in these times.

They utilise a Fujifilm system. We printed c. 500 photos. Take your time to review each one. I got so fed up doing 500 some photos didn't print properly but that was my fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

oh i wondered about them - got pics printed in blackpool once - are they doing it now during the pandemic though?

Yes.

Yes.

gave them a call - they are not processing pics in stores but you can do it online and they are printed out and posted from where ever - so gonna do that - thanks

tried to order photos - went thru the who process - had to download Flash - spent an age sorting out pics and now I can't enter password on paypal or enter visa card no.. it just won't allow me to type anything - any ideas?

can't get any answer via phone - emailed them - no word yet..

used laptop as oppose to phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I've just tried photofast.ie and Harvey Norman's flash-based sites and couldn't get any pix to upload, so went with Snapfish. Four 7"x5"s and a couple of 6"x4"s came in at €2.86 with normal post (and applying a -€0.37 promo code using the Honey extension). Their general interface and ordering system is a lot better than the above two; let's hope delivery doesn't take forever.

Oh, and new customers get a credit for 20 free 6"x4" prints (free apart from postage).

peckerhead wrote: »
    I've just tried photofast.ie and Harvey Norman's flash-based sites and couldn't get any pix to upload, so went with Snapfish. Four 7"x5"s and a couple of 6"x4"s came in at €2.86 with normal post (and applying a -€0.37 promo code using the Honey extension). Their general interface and ordering system is a lot better than the above two; let's hope delivery doesn't take forever.

Oh, and new customers get a credit for 20 free 6"x4" prints (free apart from postage).

I had no joy with Sam McCauley's - v unhappy with their customer service too.. too long to go into.. and didn't try Harvey Norman and I could not use it on laptop.. so I used SnapFish - v easy to use.. ordered pics 10 days ago - due to arrive in the next week or so.. no rush with them so I don't mind.. will update when they arrive

Advertisement