Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unsure if its a scam website/Call/Text?

• 14-10-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

I've been comparing prices on some Samsung printers and came across www.senetic.ie

Their prices are vastly lower than the others I've found, so much so that I'm a bit wary and wondering if there are any hidden costs attached. Has anyone here dealt with them before?
    Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Seems to be based in Poland. Can't see any issue and prices may be becasue they seem to be quite a substantial supplier with domains in most European countries.

Also, they are not "cheap" to a "too good to be true" form, but they are good value.

,com has been registered since 2004
    .co.uk since 2010

Domain name:
    senetic.co.uk

Registrant:
    Getio Sp. z o.o. Sp.j.

Registrant type:
    Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
    Aleje Jerozolimskie 96
    Warszawa
    00-807
    Poland

Data validation:
    Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 25-Feb-2015

Registrar:
    OVH [Tag = OVH-FR]
    URL: http://www.ovh.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 08-Feb-2010
    Expiry date: 08-Feb-2016
    Last updated: 25-Feb-2015

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    ns1.tld.pl
    ns2.tld.pl

WHOIS lookup made at 08:43:52 15-Oct-2015

the .ie has been registered since 2011

domain: senetic.ie
    descr: Getio Sp. z o.o. Sp.j.
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Registered Trade Mark Name
    admin-c: AUD666-IEDR
    tech-c: AJT084-IEDR
    renewal: 15-July-2016
    holder-type: Billable
    wipo-status: N
    ren-status: Active
    in-zone: 1
    nserver: ns1.tld.pl
    nserver: ns2.tld.pl
    source: IEDR

person: Marek Kalucki
    nic-hdl: AUD666-IEDR

person: NETIM
    nic-hdl: AJT084-IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Thanks DelahuntV,

I'd just never heard of them before and since they're selling the printer I was looking at for about half of what any of the Irish suppliers were selling them for I figured I'd ask the good people of boards just to be sure.

Can't be too safe buying online these days.

Cheers for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 senetic

Hello and thank for your interest :)

Yes, our headquarter is located in Poland where last year we were on 45th place of ComputerWorld TOP200 biggest IT companies with annual turnover of more than 50 million €.
    We got also companies in UK, Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany, Romania and Bulagaria.

Feel free to contact us by phone: +353 (1) 437 0587 or email: info @ senetic . ie.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

senetic, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie and I have made them aware that they should be hearing from you.

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account will result in a siteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zx complex

Hi there, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this online company offering massive savings. It looks way too good to be true. They are selling a DeWalt tool set reduced from $700 to $99 with free postage.
    Can't really find out anything on the web about them and am nervous about ordering.

Cheers zx

MOD:Unsure if its a scam website?
    There seems to be more and more threads, particularly from newer posters, asking if sites are legit or not. While we don't want yet another sticky, a thread with an easy to remember title would seem to be a good place to refer posters to.
    There is a lot of experience out there amongst the regular posters, so if we put all the hints, tips, tricks giveaways etc into this thread, we can attach any further ones to it, and refer the posters to the original post. Please feel free to add brief hints - lack of contact details, not secure etc, etc.

I'll make it a sticky for a week or two.

I'll start it with a link to scamadviser:
    Scamadviser

Poor English
    Lack of contact details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

Total scam. load of broken english and the prices are way too cheap. They also give a discount for paying with Western Union

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Broken english, returns email is a gmail address, no physical address, implausible levels of discount. Don't buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi

I found an item very reasonably priced ( too reasonably priced) on this site https://luckyphoto.ie. Scam adviser gives it about a 50/50 chance of being a con based on short age of the site etc and my gut says avoid but it does offer a PayPal payment option and the protection that goes with that. Do you think its worth a punt and if worst comes to worst claw back the money through PayPal if item never arrives? It must also be noted the the purchase is to the value of roughly €2600. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's no contact address, no Irish contact number yet using a .ie domain (I know anyone can now register one but still), I'd avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yup, in the absence of a physical address and an Irish contact number I'd avoid it like the plague

Thanks guys for confirming my fears, ill stick with a site ive used before even with an extra €300 on the price tag, worth it for peace of mind. Thanks again

There's no contact address, no Irish contact number yet using a .ie domain (I know anyone can now register one but still), I'd avoid.

When did this happen? Do you still need to jump through hoops for a .ie domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks guys for confirming my fears, ill stick with a site ive used before even with an extra €300 on the price tag, worth it for peace of mind. Thanks again
    Shop around the usual reputable online sites (Amazon etc) first for whatever you're looking for and then maybe look at price comparison sites such as PriceSpy, (Irish site) and Pricerunner and Kelkoo for UK outlets

muffler wrote: »
    Shop around the usual reputable online sites (Amazon etc) first for whatever you're looking for and then maybe look at price comparison sites such as PriceSpy, (Irish site) and Pricerunner and Kelkoo for UK outlets

Thanks, I found https://www.ntstore.com/ very competitive for electronic goods and Ive used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 User101user

Hi all,
    I have found an item online (www. 2dehands .be), agreed on a price with the seller
    All that's left to be organised is shipping and payment, the guy suggested using a logistics company and insists on using Logistics Courier (logisticscourier .com)
    Has anybody ever used this company for shipping before or is it a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

Has anybody any experience of buying from the above company?
    I'm considering buying a phone from them.
    Their returns address is in HK but I can't see if they have an EU warehouse to ship from.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can't find much reviews about them so would be wary.

What is the phone? if it was much cheaper than normal it could be dodgy. You will be paying VAT and if over 150 duty too. Also they do "free shipping", so you should presume the worst -that the courier will estimate shipping to be €90 and you will pay VAT on that at 23%.

Fortress are a very well respected store in hong kong, I got a camera while over there. Not sure how their prices would compare or if they ship here, but if your shop (also in HK) was a lot cheaper I would be worried.

https://www.fortress.com.hk/en

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What phone are you looking to buy from? Maybe we could suggest alternative sites that people have experience with.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

What phone are you looking to buy from? Maybe we could suggest alternative sites that people have experience with.

My trusty SU6 after nearly 3 years needs a new digitizer, battery and charging port. I was looking at the Xiaomi mi A1 as a replacement.
    Tecobuy lists the 64gb version at 161 euro, free shipping.
    Any other replacement suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Hi

I found an item very reasonably priced ( too reasonably priced) on this site https://luckyphoto.ie. Scam adviser gives it about a 50/50 chance of being a con based on short age of the site etc and my gut says avoid but it does offer a PayPal payment option and the protection that goes with that. Do you think its worth a punt and if worst comes to worst claw back the money through PayPal if item never arrives? It must also be noted the the purchase is to the value of roughly €2600. Thanks in advance.

This is the company http://powerphotocorp.com/

Chances are vat and duty would be payable - that's if they ship it

Suprised the .ie registry allowed this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

No personal experience.

An outfit using the same logo Tecobuy-UK have 99.4% rating and have been on eBay since 2013.

They claim "We handle all duties regarding to processing shipments, to ensure you are worry-free from any hidden fees. " So European warehouse is not critical.

You pay via PayPal so can't be a total scam.

They only ship to the UK in Europe so if the price is the same I'd use one the big guys eGlobal etc who ship direct to Ireland.

No reflection on An Post but it complicates things a lot of anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The Sceptic

Has anyone heard of shopeurope.net??

Seems to be great products at prices that seem too good to be true.

I would be interested to know if anyone purchased goods from this website.

Seems to be great products at prices that seem too good to be true.

I would be interested to know if anyone purchased goods from this website.

Scam.

Screams scam at you.

Only set up a few weeks ago. Company name as pers term "Shop Europe Ltd." does not exist. Address is a run down warehouse in scotland. Phone number is a mobile. Feedback all written in similar style and they have feedback from a year before they registered the domain name!!

The basics of web purchasing - if it seems to good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shannon_Bound

https://luckyphoto.ie. is hosted on godaddy in the USA

contact phone number is a USA one that I presume is on divert to China

It might be in everyones interest to give the above website a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

This quote is from their feedback.....

"I have been buying from this shop and received the products both in Germany & Belgium, now in the UK for at least 2 years... I do not have any problems because they are a high class company"

Almost Nigerian fraud vocabulary!

TT

https://luckyphoto.ie. is hosted on godaddy in the USA

contact phone number is a USA one that I presume is on divert to China

It might be in everyones interest to give the above website a miss

Seems it is a USA company. How genuine they are, I wouldn't be sure. But without doubt vat and duty would by applied and as they are not EU based, you'd have a lot of problems if you had to return items.

They do accept paypal and are pp verified and main company is Power Photo Corp in New York

But add 25%-30% vat and duty and the mega hassle if you have any problems - not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If it looks too good to be true there is generally a reason

Takes 30 mins to set up a Wordpress shop, any fool can do it so never be impressed by a site that you think looks "professional".

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Is this site safe for buying from? Anyone have personal experience?
    https://www.tobydeals.eu/en_EU/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Moving to scam website thread

Advertisement