Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭ei9go

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a lot of these Chinese sellers don't actually send the items at all.
    They are hoping that you will have forgotten about the item and once it goes over the Paypal 45 days, they are quids in.
    There are too many items that I am not receiving for it to be random losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

ei9go wrote: »
    I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a lot of these Chinese sellers don't actually send the items at all.
    They are hoping that you will have forgotten about the item and once it goes over the Paypal 45 days, they are quids in.

The Chinese sellers by and large (and I have been dealing with them for 5 years now) are excellent never had problem with them.

It sure as hell ain't happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

glasso wrote: »
    I think that something is going on IN IRELAND.
    I had one low-value item that on free partial tracking said that it got to Ireland in November - only received it mid Feb.
    I'm guessing that the stuff is just being left in a warehouse/container somewhere as the lowest priority because An Post gets feck all money from delivering it.
    My advice is to pay that bit extra for tracking / registered post as it seems to get a better priority.

1 of my three was a proper tracked item (not CN internal only), still 62 days.

ei9go wrote: »

The issues impact Ali, not just ebay.

And paypal give 180 not 45 days.

I have been getting more of mine over last week, I think only 3 outstanding now.

I have noticed several of the packages are tattered looking, like they have been lying at the bottom of a heap for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got delivery of something yesterday (27th of Feb) that I ordered on the 6th of October and the package had a date of the 10th of October on it.

140 days since the time it was shipped (10th), smashing my previous longest wait time of about 92 days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Threads merged as both relate to posting from China

An post are never going to admit anything on this but it surely comes down to a question of money - they are getting not much money to deliver the stuff.
    in addition the Irish government is losing out on vat + import duty (on the items under the customs limit).
    An post is still state owned isn't it?
    Letting stuff lie in the corner of a big warehouse for 2 or 3 months and then eventually delivering them is a way to discourage people from ordering from China.
    This wasn't an issue a year ago - why should it become an issue suddenly in the last 6 months?

Not really, they have a peer to peer relationship with other countries. If they dont fulfil their obligations here there's no reason that UPU counterparts would continue to deliver outbound mail promptly.

I'd be quicker to blame Rev&C for a backlog with non EU packet mail. It goes to the DMC before AP and revenue would rather catch valuables than be prompt.

Assume COMREG quarterlies don't include international non-signed so we wont get performance figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

This has been an intermittent issue for far longer than a year. I don't believe it is fair to blame An Post or Revenue when there is no evidence that they have any involvement in delaying packages.

Who knows what route these non tracked parcels take from China or what intermediaries they pass through.

• Advertisement

This has been an intermittent issue for far longer than a year. I don't believe it is fair to blame An Post or Revenue when there is no evidence that they have any involvement in delaying packages.

Who knows what route these non tracked parcels take from China or what intermediaries they pass through.

Well I had something that tracking said was in Ireland in November and only got it delivered in mid Feb. Where was it stuck then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I had something that tracking said was in Ireland in November and only got it delivered in mid Feb. Where was it stuck then?

If it was in since November then you were lost in the big black hole that is portlaoise sorting office. I live around the corner from it, its my local pick up point when I miss signed deliveries and numerous times I would return from work to the little leaflet to collect my parcel. 4 out of 5 times I had to go back a couple of times because they just couldnt find my item even tho they apparently had it in their hands only a few hours earlier. Alot more people are online shopping so that is adding more volumes making it easier for small parcels to get lost between pallets etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Was that tracking on the anpost website or China post, Track17 or similar? I find lots of times it does say on the China post or other website it's reached Ireland, but looking at the tracking it's just that left the country as the time difference with previous tracking is only a few hours, so impossible it actually got to Ireland in that sort time. Also I think most of the parcels that come to Ireland do not come directly from China, they enter Europe via other countries like UK, Netherlands, etc

If the tracking on the anpost website does say it's in Ireland I would complain to An Post and also to Comreg, it's unacceptable to have a parcel for over 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did your tracking number show on anpost website as here since November or was the tracking from a Chinese site saying it was in Ireland? If the former did you not contact anpost after a few day's to see what the story was?

At most I've only ever had a package held up for a week once scanned here, and that was down to customs being slow in getting back to me for payment on it.

nava wrote: »
    Was that tracking on the anpost website or China post, Track17 or similar? I find lots of times it does say on the China post or other website it's reached Ireland, but looking at the tracking it's just that left the country as the time difference with previous tracking is only a few hours, so impossible it actually got to Ireland in that sort time.

Noticed this a good bit on Ali and what I was getting at above, here's an example with a package I have on Ali at the moment

2017.02.23 12:17 (GMT-7): arrive delivery IE
    2017.02.23 04:22 (GMT-7): Export customs clearance complete
    2017.02.22 20:17 (GMT-7): arrive export exchange

It was only shipped on the 22'd, so be doing well to have it in Ireland next day, I'd take the internal tracking details with a pinch of salt at least.

One other thing you mentioned there and what I have noticed with some bigger parcel's received that may be sent by China post EMS is that they appear to tranship via the Netherlands, it doesn't show this on the tracking but on sticker's on the actual box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I ordered a few things from China. I knew there would be a delay as it's from China but the tracking says it was in Ireland two weeks ago. So where are things going to?

Was that Chinese tracking? If so I believe it is made up. I've had similar experiences with certain tracking sites (Yanwen etc). What benefit would An Post get holding a package for three months?

Was that Chinese tracking? If so I believe it is made up. I've had similar experiences with certain tracking sites (Yanwen etc). What benefit would An Post get holding a package for three months?

How can tracking be made up?

The Raptor wrote: »
    How can tracking be made up?

Of course it can be made up. It is just text on a webpage. 5500 has posted an example above. Do you believe his package made it to Ireland from China within 24 hours?

I ordered a few things from China. I knew there would be a delay as it's from China but the tracking says it was in Ireland two weeks ago. So where are things going to?

Do you have the tracking number handy? Or can you post a grab of where it's saying it's here 2 weeks? Genuinely curious as I've never seen this happen unless it's something stuck in customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Ordered a few things in December...still waiting.....by the look of some of the posts here i should have the items in time for Christmas. :/

Of course it can be made up. It is just text on a webpage. 5500 has posted an example above. Do you believe his package made it to Ireland from China within 24 hours?

You might be right, I just checked my tracking and it was the same with me. It was 24 hours from when it left China and making it here.

I don't believe it's made up though. Maybe some mistake when updating or whatever.

You might be right, I just checked my tracking and it was the same with me. It was 24 hours from when it left China and making it here.

I don't believe it's made up though. Maybe some mistake when updating or whatever.

Did you factor in time differences which is around 8 hours but which can give different dates making something appear 24 hours shorter or longer.

archer22 wrote: »
    Did you factor in time differences which is around 8 hours but which can give different dates making something appear 24 hours shorter or longer.

What has that got to do with it? 24 +/- 8 hours from China, doesn't make sense.

What has that got to do with it? 24 +/- 8 hours from China, doesn't make sense.

Well I presume you got the reading from the Chinese tracking site which is in a different time zone.
    I don't know if it would make a difference or not, I have not fully analyized it.
    But its something I always keep in mind when dealing with different time zones.For example its now Feb 28 in Ireland but its March 1st in China...can make a perceived difference of a day if not allowed for at least on shipping date on package if nothing else.

FWIW even DHL express from China to Ireland takes 3 days from my experience, bearing in mind were likely to be talking about mainly small packet internal or Chinapost items which in fairness are never going to arrive within 24 hours.

I don't know what causes the errors on Ali but all it does is add to the confusion by the looks of things

5500 wrote: »
    Did your tracking number show on anpost website as here since November or was the tracking from a Chinese site saying it was in Ireland? If the former did you not contact anpost after a few day's to see what the story was?

At most I've only ever had a package held up for a week once scanned here, and that was down to customs being slow in getting back to me for payment on it.

tracking showed that it took 2 or 3 weeks to supposedly get to Ireland so it wasn't a case of some star ship enterprise 1 day thing.

My last two have officially expired according to CNPost now. We live in hope, 140 days is a bit off yet (103 days to date).

that's the question.
    post your tracking info e.g. dates from where etc.

• Advertisement

that's the question.
    post your tracking info e.g. dates from where etc.

Here's a screenshot of the tracking information.

Advertisement