Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AliExpress

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with Aliexpress thread

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

A question about a purchase from aliepress.
    I bought a charger for my phone. I confirmed the arrive as soon as it was in my hand, but after 2 days it was not working.
    Now If I click open dispute, the only thing I can do is to write messages to the seller. but he is still not answering me..
    any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

danko82 wrote: »
    A question about a purchase from aliepress.
    I bought a charger for my phone. I confirmed the arrive as soon as it was in my hand, but after 2 days it was not working.
    Now If I click open dispute, the only thing I can do is to write messages to the seller. but he is still not answering me..
    any suggestions?

I have opened many disputes on Aliexpress but never after I confirmed order received. What usually happens is you select what you want to do and if the seller doesn't reply within 4 days the disputes goes your way. Again, I can't tell you what happens when you open a dispute after you confirm order received. But a tip for the future is to just let the buyer protection expire itself, as in don't confirm goods received, just let it run out itself. This gives you time to make sure you are happy with your item. I have always got disputes sorted out somehow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keano38

I was thinking of buying a bulk amount of phone chargers off Aliexpress dose anyone know if Irish Customs will seize this stuff or is there any other problems with shipping into Ireland

Dose anyone know if Irish Customs seize goods from Aliexpress I was thinking of buying a bulk amount of phone chargers has anyone any knowledge of this

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have you contacted Irish Customs and asked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

A word of caution - some cheap phone chargers can be dodgy and can be a fire risk. You as the importer would be responsible and would need public liability insurance.

Is it worth the risk?

Also, many wholesalers sell chargers for about €1 and Dealz sell them to the public for €1.50.

They said they do but people must be getting bulk orders through i mean everything on ebay from English sellers is from China and Irish sellers on Adverts .ie etc just wondering if anyone had experience of this

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

keano38 wrote: »
    Dose anyone know if Irish Customs seize goods from Aliexpress I was thinking of buying a bulk amount of phone chargers has anyone any knowledge of this

They will seize goods if they believe them to be counterfeit, illegal/restricted, or known to be dangerous.

Once you pay the appropriate vat/duty etc, and the chargers are none of the above then I don't see why they'd have reason to.

Why do you think they might ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

keano38 wrote: »
    They said they do but people must be getting bulk orders through i mean everything on ebay from English sellers is from China and Irish sellers on Adverts .ie etc just wondering if anyone had experience of this

Presumably paying VAT and duty on them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with main Aliexpress thread, keano38 please do not post same question/issue in multiple threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

Do these deliveries come as normal post or is there some kind of duty/import taxes that needs to be paid on arrival to ireland like a lot of stuff from China..?
    Or are you essentially hoping the authority's don't stop the package for inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Do these deliveries come as normal post or is there some kind of duty/import taxes that needs to be paid on arrival to ireland like a lot of stuff from China..?
    Or are you essentially hoping the authority's don't stop the package for inspection

Depends on who it's shipped with as to whether An Post deliver or not. If it's Chinapost then it'll be with regular post.

Vat and duty is dependent on the value of goods and shipping costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

If the value is under 26 euro,you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

vandriver wrote: »
    If the value is under 26 euro,you're fine.

I had dealings with customs in the last 3 months regarding an AliExpress order, so I can confirm that the limit is €22.00 including postage.

If for example, you are buying 3 x €8 torches, it would be better to buy them in two lots.

The charge consists of the VAT and perhaps Duty + €7 (all collected by the postman).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

I buy off aliexpress regularly
    brilliant service

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD; Thread is nearly 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Kurooi

Has anyone any experience buying furniture off Aliexpress? They have some unique pieces but I'd be terrified of paying 1-2k for something that doesn't match description or isn't up to the right quality. What would my options be? Shipping a sofa back to China at my own expense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I have found an item on Aliexpress ( a pneumatic nail gun ) that is out of stock everywhere. The trouble is that its €34 to ship it to the UK and a whopping €134 to ship it to Ireland. If I sent it to Addresspal in the UK would I be hit for double vat and customs charges to get it sent here ? I'm a novice at this and have never bought anything off Aliexpress so any advice is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭corkie

If it has a battery (internal) or external as attachment to device, AP won't accept it.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

You’re going to have VAT and Duty in the UK. Then there’ll be no paperwork to cover it from the UK to Ireland. God knows what value would be put on it by AddressPal for Irish VAT and Duty. If there is a Li Ion battery in it, they will send it back. You then have the world's biggest mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

whiterebel wrote: »
    You’re going to have VAT and Duty in the UK. Then there’ll be no paperwork to cover it from the UK to Ireland. God knows what value would be put on it by AddressPal for Irish VAT and Duty. If there is a Li Ion battery in it, they will send it back. You then have the world's biggest mess.

Thanks. Didn't think this through. Things are bad enough without being hit by double vat and customs duties.
    Can't understand the huge mark up in postage to Ireland - it negates any savings on shopping with Aliexpress in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

I just received two separate orders from different ALI companies
    in the one package. Presumably they were combined in NL.

If the €22 VAT limit was being retained this practice
    could have caused problems in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭POBox19

That may not be a problem as the clearance into the EU is completed in the Netherlands. Irish C+E would not glance at a parcel coming from another EU State.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

There's no way I'd buy what I do if it were western and not China-prices.

But there's so much awesome stuff for five euro or less I find myself dropping 20 euro here, and there, and over there.

I basically have a constant stream of aliexpress couriered parcels arriving. Is it just me?

Awesome razors with cool designs, tinted sunglasses, new-design gym shorts and vests, all this neat stuff, I just can't help myself.

I use amazon occasionally for more important purchasing but with aliexpress, it's almost like an addiction.... ?

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

They accept PayPal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emmah82

Id love a nice replica YSL bag , does anyone know how the links to brands work? There used to be a girl on insta that would put up great links .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emmah82

Ah I know, that's why I never have done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Pacos207

What is the current situation with goods from Aliexpress to Ireland? Some of their goods price say “including taxes” , would I still need to pay customs and how much.

Advertisement