Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Sorted thanx amazon chat and they changed setting

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lenan

I want to sign up for Amazon Prime Uk, I have a NI address do I need a Uk debit card or revolut card, or can I use my Irish debit card.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lenan wrote: »
    I want to sign up for Amazon Prime Uk, I have a NI address do I need a Uk debit card or revolut card, or can I use my Irish debit card.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Irish card is fine for regular UK Prime Video. If you want to rent or buy movies then you will need a UK card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Having never used Amazon Prime, I was well impressed with their efficiency. My sister who is a member ordered a pair of boots for my Xmas on Saturday December 14th, they were waiting for me when I got back from Cork to Galway on Monday afternoon, which is a pretty fast delivery.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

ordered a umidigi a5 pro phone via amazon prime on saturday 4th jan...with a delivery date of today wednesday 8th jan.
    nothing arrived...contacted support who say it will be 13th jan before i get it and gave me £10 credit for compensation.

but heres the thing...it shows on tracking that it left 'amazon facility' in st helens, merseyside on monday....where could it be ?...and how is the date of 13th for delivery coming from ?
    amazon support couldnt answer as they said they were guided by an post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dougm1970 wrote: »
    ordered a umidigi a5 pro phone via amazon prime on saturday 4th jan...with a delivery date of today wednesday 8th jan.
    nothing arrived...contacted support who say it will be 13th jan before i get it and gave me £10 credit for compensation.

but heres the thing...it shows on tracking that it left 'amazon facility' in st helens, merseyside on monday....where could it be ?...and how is the date of 13th for delivery coming from ?
    amazon support couldnt answer as they said they were guided by an post.

Something wrong there.

A prime package would only begin to track at Dublin 12, the packages go straight from Amazon to the parcel depot. If its tracking in StHelens that sounds like iParcel/Fastway and not a Prime delivery.

Was it sold by Amazon or a 3rd party?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Had a weird one. Placed an order over 2 weeks ago. Said it was dispatched using royal mail but there was no tracking. Contacted Amazon customer support and they said it was being delivered by a company called royal low.

Ordered an item a week later and tracking showed as expected. Received both deliveries the other day, but the one being delivered by royal low is still showing as dispatched whereas the other shows delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ugh forgot a years sub was coming out after I bought that special offer 3 months sub... I would have preferred to revert to my monthly payments now 92euro came out for a yearly sub..

Emailed them so hopefully they can sort something out as it was only up yesterday (although I feel they didn't add the extra dates to my subscription)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

So, I took up the free 30 day Prime Offer on Amazon.de. I can't see much of a benefit. Will I get free Amazon TV in Ireland? I've opened the TV app on my firestick and there seems to be plenty to watch. Can I go ahead and watch them without any further charges bar a recurring monthly fee if I stick with Prime on Amazon.de?

Advertisement