Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon UK no longer removing UK VAT?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, it's a bit odd all right. Definitely sounds like someone made a mistake somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Is there another change in import duties/taxes on goods coming from the UK on July 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

jelutong wrote: »
    Is there another change in import duties/taxes on goods coming from the UK on July 1st?

Yes.
    From what I have read, VAT and duty will apply to all imports from outside EU regardless of cost.

so no more VAT free purchase under 22e or duty free purchase under 150e.

Also, I think the idea that the money due was only collected if it was above 3e?? will be gone too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ArrBee wrote: »
    Yes.
    From what I have read, VAT and duty will apply to all imports from outside EU regardless of cost.

so no more VAT free purchase under 22e or duty free purchase under 150e.

Also, I think the idea that the money due was only collected if it was above 3e?? will be gone too.

That was €6, and its gone since January. Replaced with the lower limit of €22 for calculations instead.

Advertisement