Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

boggerman1 wrote: »
    When u read the replies to piers Morgan’s tweet it’s no surprise Harry is jumping ship.the hatred towards Megan is phonomial,certainly the gutter tabloids have seen to that

apart from the thing with her father, what of that tabloid rubbish does she allow herself to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Blazer wrote: »
    Christ I’ll have to listen to the Pierck Morgan tomorrow morning once the missus finds out.
    I do recall she saying something about him not on Thursdays but I’m sure the fat **** will show his face anyway.

You need to sort your missus out. A Piers Morgan fan and a royal watcher? Did she fund raise for the Tans as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Even cnn are giving alerts about this. It seems like it was a solo run by Harry and Meghan and the mood inside buck house is “disappointment”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm not up on the Royal family news as I used to be.
    Has Megan first fallen out with most of her family and friends in the states.
    Then got married to Harry and he's done similar with his.
    Now they are leaving the Royal family.
    Or is that just people being over dramatic?

They aren't leaving the royal family, but they want to be able to make money from it which they cant do if they are full time working royals. So they are stepping back from public duties and being "senior" royals, apparently to set up a foundation along the lines of the Clinton's.

Yes she is estranged from most of her family, it's just her mother she speaks to I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Years ago I remember some UK celebs/musicians came to live in Dublin or Ireland to get away from the british press. They had more privacy and respect afforded to them here. The UK press hound everyone, like Fox news on speed.. and they called the shots with Brexit, tory wins over the years and labour fails. You name it, they have had a hand in it.

The pair of them know they can't win, so they're off. Good on 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Look it all appears to be annoying the ****e out of piers Morgan and the rest of that type of Brit.

So excellent work.thanks Harry top quality work wish the pair of you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is she well liked or seen as a steadying influence ? I don’t know if Prince Charles is as hated as he seemed to be after diana died.

So seeing as Harry and Meghan are gone who’s on the subs bench to come in and fill there senior roles ? Andrews daughters or princess anne kids ? Someone in the firm is moving from intermediate to senior.

I don't think he is hated either. But I don't know that anyone there is compelling enough a figure to continue to justify the existence of the whole thing if things were to become rocky for the royal family in public opinion. The queen held it together after Diana died when the royals last went through a period of unpopularity. I think another period could be approaching as Britain's future becomes more uncertain, especially after the queen dies.

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Years ago I remember some UK celebs/musicians came to live in Dublin or Ireland to get away from the british taxman.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

does Harry have to apply for a visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That statement from Buckingham Palace was ill advised. All it has done is poured petrol on a fire that would have been out by midday tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I really don't get the hatred for Meghan. I always thought she appeared quite sweet and Harry has always seemed like a bit of craic. I think it is very brave, what they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not surprising, he never seemed like he lived the royal lifestyle and married a total outsider. He way down the line for King so why bother living that life with all the hassle that goes with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Strazdas wrote: »
    Though the counter argument is that Charles / Camilla and William / Kate are squeaky clean and have barely put a foot wrong in the last few years.

The monarchy would be at far greater risk if Harry and Meghan had been next in line to the throne and actually taken up the role.

Except for William's alleged affair with Rose Hanbury that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

NSAman wrote: »
    It will save the British tax payer some money!

Stepping back as senior members. I'm sure the money will be available if they want it.

rob316 wrote: »
    Not surprising, he never seemed like he lived the royal lifestyle and married a total outsider. He way down the line for King so why bother living that life with all the hassle that goes with it.

I get the impression he was pissed off with the whole “Royal” thing after not being allowed to go and do some proper soldiering with his regiment in Afghanistan.

To be trained as an officer and to be lead a group of men, to then see them go off and face danger without you must be quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,176 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I really don't get the hatred for Meghan. I always thought she appeared quite sweet and Harry has always seemed like a bit of craic. I think it is very brave, what they have done.

I followed the royal a tad not a massive interest compared to some. Originally when Megan came on the scene I thought she was fine and I liked Harry. Especially during his wilder days but I think he was really held back.
    I did feel the whole relationship was rushed. Maybe it was Harry just rebelling again.
    The way the media did portray Megan and her family, etc didn't help either. Her family didn't really help the situation.
    It's all a very messy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I expect the fact that his uncle is clearly into raping underage sex slaves and the family are standing by him, has probably rankled Harry quite a bit, who has inherited his mother's penchant for humanitarian work.

That and all the racists in the UK giving his wife grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I find it very strange behavior from people who are intending to shun the limelight to play this stuff out in public. They strike me as attention seeking, and poor old Harry he’s not led around with his big head anyways. Then again Megan has form in shunning family, so I’m not surprised really. William seems to have a far better understanding of how to control the press, whereas Harry’s approach just draws them to him even more.

It's all very Edward VIII & Wallis Simpson.

Kate Middleton was super lucky.

Harry went outside to find a wife & it doesn't suit the establishment so he is now leaving.
    The British media etc won't be able to make such a fuss in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Why is Meghan Markle disliked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Raconteuse wrote: »

Because she's common.
    Because she's black.
    Because she's a yank.

Not the typical pale, inbred, horsey types the royals usually go for.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    It's all very Edward VIII & Wallis Simpson.

It's very different. Harry is not going to be king. Edward and Wallis lived in exile for decades and were hated by the Brits. Harry is universally loved. Funny, good looking army boy. So long as he keeps his nose clean wherever he moves to, he'll be fine, and still taken care of financially by the Royals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm guessing the public announcement was a way of ensuring they couldn't be pressurised to carry on as normal, at least until the queen dies.

For all the money and privilege it looks like a miserable, claustrophobic life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Because she's common.
    Because she's black.
    Because she's a yank.

Not the typical pale, inbred, horsey types the royals usually go for.

You forgot previously married too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Completely forgot that!
    But I think being a divorcee has less to do with it than being an outsider. Many of the Royals have been divorced. Margaret, Anne, Andrew, Charles, Camilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I’d say because people felt like she’d take away their prince.... and they were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,176 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Raconteuse wrote: »

I know the Royal's shouldn't be the one to judge but her messy family and their lack of ability to form a fake bond didn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

It's getting messy with the statement from the Palace. Looks like they are proper annoyed.
    Hope I'm around long enough for this episode on the crown ‚

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Because she's common.
    Because she's black.
    Because she's a yank

You can hardly call her “black”.

She will doubtlessly go back to her acting career to earn money, and I think he can fly helicopters/do stuff that can pay an increase me for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

You can hardly call her “black”.
    Yeah she looks white, but is mixed race so that's enough to rile the dopes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement