Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Shpongler

biebiebie wrote: »
    Success!!

Your claim ###### has been validated and you will receive your cashback within the time frame as detailed in the terms and conditions.

Not so lucky here, they sent me a message looking for the invoice. I sent the reply as others have done that Vodafone didn't supply any other documentation other than the email, and dispatch sheet.

Sure we'll see what happens

Shpongler wrote: »
    Not so lucky here, they sent me a message looking for the invoice. I sent the reply as others have done that Vodafone didn't supply any other documentation other than the email, and dispatch sheet.

Sure we'll see what happens

They just validated my claim. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Btw I opted in for the SMS updates.
    Luckily too, as the success email went into my Gmail spam folder - just something to keep an eye on.

Btw I opted in for the SMS updates.
    Luckily too, as the success email went into my Gmail spam folder - just something to keep an eye on.

Same here, they went straight to spam :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I'm currently torn between the Pixel3a and the Huawei P30 lite for similar money. I've looked at GSM arena for a comparison, just wondering if anyone here has any real world experience of the 2. I'm currently using a p10 lite and love it fwiw. Cheers.

• Advertisement

• I'm currently torn between the Pixel3a and the Huawei P30 lite for similar money. I've looked at GSM arena for a comparison, just wondering if anyone here has any real world experience of the 2. I'm currently using a p10 lite and love it fwiw. Cheers.

Where can you get the P30 Lite for close to 129 euro?

Where can you get the P30 Lite for close to 129 euro?

I presume you're being pedantic but I'll feed the troll regardless. Vodafone are doing it for €159, that's close enough for me. I don't suppose you have any information that will help to answer my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I presume you're being pedantic but I'll feed the troll regardless. Vodafone are doing it for €159, that's close enough for me. I don't suppose you have any information that will help to answer my question?

It's €209.99 online with a €50 discount for porting included - how do you get it down to €159?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

129 are u serious!! Got one for my dog as well !!

• I presume you're being pedantic but I'll feed the troll regardless. Vodafone are doing it for €159, that's close enough for me. I don't suppose you have any information that will help to answer my question?

Not being pedantic, I can only assume that it's an error on the Vodafone homepage where it lists it as 159 euro as (as Enrico Palazzo pointed out) it's 50 euro off rather than 100 euro when you go to the actual page for the phone. So it's closer to twice the price of the Pixel 3A and therefore you comparing two phones in two completely different price ranges.

• Advertisement

I had no reason to believe it was an error. Have you notified Vodafone?

• I had no reason to believe it was an error. Have you notified Vodafone?

No I bought a Pixel 3A. :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 460 ✭✭TetraSonic55

The 159.99 is the price if you port your number and buy the phone in store. Only 50 off online

Not being pedantic, I can only assume that it's an error on the Vodafone homepage where it lists it as 159 euro as (as Enrico Palazzo pointed out) it's 50 euro off rather than 100 euro when you go to the actual page for the phone. So it's closer to twice the price of the Pixel 3A and therefore you comparing two phones in two completely different price ranges.

I just rang Blanch and they're happy to honour the price stated at 159.99, phone available in blue or black. Sorry for taking the thread off topic, I'll ask elsewhere seeing as the know it alls who took the time to answer didn't actually have an answer.

• I just rang Blanch and they're happy to honour the price stated at 159.99, phone available in blue or black. Sorry for taking the thread off topic, I'll ask elsewhere seeing as the know it alls who took the time to answer didn't actually have an answer.

Bro no need to be snarky because no one could answer your unanswerable question! :pac:

Which phone is better is subjective as they each have pros and cons. It's very unlikely anyone has had both phones and can compare their experiences with each, nobody knows what you like in a phone as your message wasn't detailed enough etc.

Just go into a store and play around with both and go from there! :)

Bro no need to be snarky because no one could answer your unanswerable question!

Thanks for your help bro. My "unanswerable" question was if anyone here had real world experience of the 2 phones. I wasn't looking for scientific analysis. Adios.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Other half wants to order one of these phones. Got a 48 sim card in the post but can't seem to see where it shows the actual phone number - am I missing something? I can see the Pins and Puks and activation codes but not the actual number - where do I find it?

• Thanks for your help bro. My "unanswerable" question was if anyone here had real world experience of the 2 phones. I wasn't looking for scientific analysis. Adios.

Your "unanswerable" question was to somehow give you information and or opinions that don't already exist on the internet in much more detail than you would get here. Your question was either unanswerable or pointless, take your pick.

Slán. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Thanks for your help bro. My "unanswerable" question was if anyone here had real world experience of the 2 phones. I wasn't looking for scientific analysis. Adios.

Leo no need to be sassy hunny!!:D

Weyhey wrote: »
    Other half wants to order one of these phones. Got a 48 sim card in the post but can't seem to see where it shows the actual phone number - am I missing something? I can see the Pins and Puks and activation codes but not the actual number - where do I find it?

You have to activate/register it on their website (no payment required). Think you get it then. Make sure you note it down too as I found it quite hard to find again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads when do i claim the cashback ? Do i wait for delivery or just upload email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Lads when do i claim the cashback ? Do i wait for delivery or just upload email ?

You have to wait to get the phone as you'll need the imei

DopeTech wrote: »
    You have to wait to get the phone as you'll need the imei

Yes you have to wait for delivery.
    You'll need to upload a copy of the both the Dispatch Note from the package as well as the original order confirmation email. Plus as per DopeTech, you'll need the IMIE number which is printed on the back of the Pixel 3A box.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

You have to activate/register it on their website (no payment required). Think you get it then. Make sure you note it down too as I found it quite hard to find again!

I thought I read somewhere here that a few people didn't even need to activate their 48 sims but maybe I got it wrong. Thanks biebiebie
    Edited to say - i tried activating my sim and it tells me it is working on getting me a new number and it should only take a few mins. An hour later and no luck, it says sim activated and if having problems to order a new sim. Can't contact their agents without a number.
    Ignore that - I got the number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pixel 4A

Maybe why these are dropping prices so quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Fieldog wrote: »
    Maybe why these are dropping prices so quickly....
    No doubt, but that doesn't make the 3a offer any less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No doubt, but that doesn't make the 3a offer any less attractive.

Not at all, it's a fantastic little phone for this price...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Super offer and thanks for letting know about the cashback. I tried to purchase back end of November/December but was unsuccessful on a few occasions. Got a Huawei P30 Lite instead at the time which I later passed onto a family member because of smart watch connection issues.

I've been on the look out for mid-priced decent smartphone since to retire my Moto G4 which has stood the test of time. I ordered the Google Pixel 3a on Tuesday evening, got dispatch text yesterday, arrived today, submitted claim for €50 cashback and it was already approved! I haven't even got to open the phone yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭handofdog

Super offer and thanks for letting know about the cashback. I tried to purchase back end of November/December but was unsuccessful on a few occasions. Got a Huawei P30 Lite instead at the time which I later passed onto a family member because of smart watch connection issues.

I've been on the look out for mid-priced decent smartphone since to retire my Moto G4 which has stood the test of time. I ordered the Google Pixel 3a on Tuesday evening, got dispatch text yesterday, arrived today, submitted claim for €50 cashback and it was already approved! I haven't even got to open the phone yet :p

Thanks karka.

I ordered on Wednesday. No dispatch info yet but hopefully should receive phone mid next week.

What data did you submit in order to get the €50 cashback approved so quickly? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

handofdog wrote: »
    Thanks karka.

I ordered on Wednesday. No dispatch info yet but hopefully should receive phone mid next week.

What data did you submit in order to get the €50 cashback approved so quickly? Cheers.

1. vodafone online order confirmation mail (not a despatch note)

2. Pixel 3a IMEI

Advertisement