Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

venusdoom wrote: »
    Big flakes falling now in donegal town :)
    Indeed there is !! heaviest shower of the day so far.. white out. Was just over a walk to the bypass and got caught in it. Bypass (main N route) is totally white with fresh and compacted snow. Dont drive if you dont have to. (pics to follow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

very very light flurry in Trim now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wow,sorry MT but those predicted snowfalls?, dreamt up?lol:D

For comparison.... 3pm yesterday V 9am this morning

0a4a6a15.jpg
    511b4c74.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

dacogawa wrote: »
    So Supercell you're falling in with what weathercheck said on the main forum ?

This M.T. Cranium vs. Weathercheck (The Snowdown!) is more interesting than the weather, thats because its sunny here :)

Actually the charts for Sunday and Monday are looking much better for the east. We get NE winds , we will get streamers, so its not as bad as the earlier charts seemed. Sunday afternoon onwards is time to be looking out for the east coast.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

irish1967 wrote: »

0a4a6a15.jpg
    511b4c74.jpg

that came just came out of nowhere?!amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Irish, don't know how to give thanks on this but thank you for that! Heard there was a few cars off the road last night around Mountcharles so I'm def not chancing going out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

according to weather channel theres a 70% of snow for cork. hello :D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭jack01986

Have a trip planned to Galway tonight for the weekend leaving from Dublin this evening. I think its not going to be such a good idea. What you guys think?

that came just came out of nowhere?!amazing..

Yeah.. it came from those rain clouds you spoke of yesterday !!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

irish1967 wrote: »

0a4a6a15.jpg
    511b4c74.jpg
    wow!!!! a car even appeared with the snow fall:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

models dont agree with that, maybe a dusting its all gone up in the air im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    we're to far south??

I posted a little memory last night, as a small boy I was smashed by a giant snowball ~ I hated the stuff since, guess it's my fault. 1960 is my guess, St. Patrick Street about a foot of the stuff from my perspective at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Very heavy snow falling now in Roscommon, bad visibilty. Must take a few pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I've had 3 inches of snow here in Dorchester in the UK. Postcode DT1. Another band of snow showing up on the radar about to hit us in about 30 min

snowv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Charts are all over the place,

basically there is a weak front clipping the country later tonight showers all the way for the usual north coast spots with a chance of more widespread snow

then the next big event is a Polar low skimming down the south east coast at the weekend

both have potential to give loads or v little snow, even the experts here are struggling..!

I think everyone will see some snow..big question is how much..!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Literally a Whiteout in Claremorris

http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭davidsr20

About 3-4cm here in ballinasloe,weathercheck can u explain why u keep giving downgrades and the total opposite to other weather experts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Pangea wrote: »
    Literally a Whiteout in Claremorris

http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

What the hell am i looking at? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

davidsr20 wrote: »
    About 3-4cm here in ballinasloe,weathercheck can u explain why u keep giving downgrades and the total opposite to other weather experts?

The total opposite of what weather experts!? MT?

I am looking at the model runs and they suggest not much for Leinster/ Midlands and southeast in next 48 hours. That is all i can use.

I am also watching the satellite closely for any sudden developments and will post if i see something happening.

- The latest NAE hold some hope from tonights feature for the far east as it may trail back into some eastern areas as the low deepens just slightly, what we want to see is a system as developed as possible moving into the NW later. So keep looking at the satellite pic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Very heavy snow in Ballina, with about 3-4 inches on ground at the moment, reports of 2 jack-knifed trucks on N5, castlebar to dublin road and about 40 cars which cant move due to road conditions, heard through a friend that Mayo C.C are also out of salt stocks! Almost blizzard conditions here now as I type and I need to get home as I'm at work.

I am looking at the model runs and they suggest not much for Leinster/ Midlands and southeast in next 48 hours. That is all i can use.

I am also watching the satellite closely for any sudden developments and will post if i see something happening.

- The latest NAE hold some hope from tonights feature for the far east as it may trail back into some eastern areas as the low deepens just slightly, what we want to see is a system as developed as possible moving into the NW later. So keep looking at the satellite pic.

Thanks i was just wondering thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

PJ Coogan had the Eagle on the radio this morning,bright and sunny in Cork is his forecast.Chance of light:mad: snow tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

dave1982 wrote: »
    PJ Coogan had the Eagle on the radio this morning,bright and sunny in Cork is his forecast.Chance of light:mad: snow tonight

The Eagle said all along he didn't expect much away from the north and west.

He is right so far but hopefully will be wrong at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Any word from Deep Easterly. Chooaaammm seems to be getting its fair share of showers.
    About 4cms here so far and very light passing edge of a shower now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Someone's ego is hurting them this morning after a certain GFS and NAE run:p

I figured the previous model charts were a bit overblown, certainly the predictions of 45cm in certain low-lying parts. Those models have a pesky habit of occasionally exaggerating frontal precipitation while understating convection. Got to do with grid resolution I suppose. I don't think the potential has suddenly vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Eagle just on Ray Darcy...temps to -10 (Nightime)until at least thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Redders825 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Im planning on heading to Sligo today from Dublin and back again on Sunday, what are the main roads? the N4 mainly?

Thanks

The N4 between Carrick on Shannon and Boyle is fine for driving, but more snow is due here later.

I was in Lough Key Forest Park (Boyle) this morning, and the only one out there. It was beautiful. My dogs had a ball running around in the snow.

• Advertisement

Snowing quite heavily here again. Like clockwork now every 30mins or so.. would love a more sustained period of snow with big chunky flakes.

Edit: WHITEOUT:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement