Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLOSES TODAY:Win an iPhone and a VIP stay at the Carlsberg Cat Laughs Comedy Festival

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I'd love to have meet Dara O'Briain. The guy is so quick witted. Anyone that can create an entire show from audience input alone is genius.

Would love to have a pint with him anywhere really but probably the Long Hall on Geogres St (a real talkers pub). Would love to talk about anything really but mainly his outlook on religion and science as it is pretty damn close to mine. Would be very serious and interesting but he would still have the ability to take the piss out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭fdevine

Who?: Dara O'Briain (one of, if not 'the' funniest, wittiest, most quick thinking man on television).

Where?: It wouldn't really matter, but contrary to 'the ad', sure you CAN, usually anyway, beat a Dublin pub. Maybe the Gravity Bar so we could remember Dublin when it had two striped chimneys....(thanks B.Cullen) and lots more cranes.

Why?: As an Irish comedian/presenter once said "For every occasion there’s the perfect pub".

I say "For every pub there's the perfect person to have a pint with....." Ahhhh howya Dara....what are you havin'

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I would have to say Rich Hall, pint in hand at Ground Zero, New York. We could talk conspiracy theories til the cows come home. Apparently, Sarah Ferguson was going to fly the second plane until she found out she wasn't able to spend the money afterwards. TRUTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lickin' Gravy

I'd like to have a pint with Dara O'Briain in a biker bar in South Dakota--Dara would have to wear his suit, of course.
    Why? I'd just like to see the depth and breadth of his ability to interact with his audience.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Who? - PJ Gallagher

Where? - On the end of Dun Laoighaire peer dressed in full scuba diving gear.

Why? - Eating Oysters and drinking Guinness through the snorkels, waiting for the dirty oul wans that are always hanging around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

I would love to have a pint with the natural successor to Flann O'Brien and Dermot Morgan the one and only Barry Murphy.

I would love to have a pint with him in the corporate box at the new Aviva stadium during Ireland's soccer teams first match there.

All he would have to do is put a box on his head and chanel Frank Stapleton or just to listen to his comments on the match as himself. Comedy Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Dara O'Briain, sitting in the front row of one of his own gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I'd like to bring Dara O'Briain to my local AA meeting so he could share a pint with me and the lads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It would have to be Arj Barker.

I would ask him where he purchases his impressive array of bandana's from.
    Who is smellier, Bret or Jermaine?
    Did he get to keep the shirt with the 2 rats?
    Was he born with his soul patch as i have never seen him without it.
    Of course i would have to ask him who would win in a fight, Shark or Tiger, Electric Eel or octopus, Superman v Batman.
    His favorite tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I'd like to have a pint (I prefer cocktails......can it be a cocktail??) with Dara Ó Briain in my local. I'd invite lots of friends, arm him with lots of scandal on them, and enjoy Dara's quick wit while he takes the mick outta all of them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ed Byrne on a pirate ship. So I could make him take a long walk off the plank after a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

I'd like to have a pint with Barry Murphy on the set of the early 90's late night show Couched, which he did with Mark Doherty. I could take Mark's place and we could watch crap TV and play insane nonsensical board games. oh the memories....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Would have to be PJ Gallagher. Location could be anywhere, maybe Mondello Park, cause he never stops talking about bikes lately. Get him locked, and see how good he really is at racing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Dara O'Briain the mans a legend :) the gravediggers its a pub in dublin if your not familiar . why there ? they pull the best pint of guiness in ireland so the rumour goes so if im going to buy the man a drink it better be the best damn drink he ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Maeve Higgins, The woman is bonks and id say a having a few pints with her would be an entertaining night!! she comes out with the most random things and is so serious you never know if she is serious or not

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Love a pint with Jason Byrne just to try convince him to put me on anonomous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edwi87

WHO: I would have a pint with Des Bishop (If I was lucky enough!!)

WHERE: It would have to be in my local pub which is your typical irish country pub with balding old men sat round the bar.

WHY: The conversation would be great & the jokes would be flowing just as much as the pints!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jameswhelan64

I'd most like to have a pint with david o doherty and discuss his 100 facts about pandas, maybe put it to a catchy tune! Or consider including red pandas his second book, the lil Ginger ones deserve to be included too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alas

I would like to have a pint with Mike Wilmot, in his caravan in a windswept trailer park in the arse-end of Canada. I think this would naturally lead on to a conversation about how having to wind up your home makes you feel like a loser. I would then lead the discussion on to how Irish people use the c-word as a verb, adjective, noun, term of affection - I believe Mr Wilmot has some hilarious views on this. Then I would produce a bottle of Aftershock and see how the evening progressed from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭schoolboy082

Ardal O hanlan because after goin for pints with him we could go see some women in the nip!!

'' Ted those women were in the nip''

LEGEND!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'd like to have a pint with David O'Doherty. I have a few faq for the D.O.D :)
    It would probably be in the Kytlers Inn in Kilkenny. As it is in Kilkenny that the festival is and also it is a cool pub. We could watch the guy who regurgitates things there, and whatever other happenings they have on. I could tell him about the time I saw Stephen Roche and David could tell me how beautiful I am looking. It would be a great night! afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Rich Hall, in Copper Face Jacks of a Sunday night, bedecked in our finest Western regalia, (Hat, shirt, bolero and spurs.)

Keepin it country, all the nurses and Ban-Guards would swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I'd love a pint with neil delamare and des bishop.
    On a hot saturday in a beergarden myself and neil supping an ice cold carlsberg looking at des.
    Telling him as gaelge that this is by far the best pint i've had in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Ardal O'Hanlon in any pub.
    Would like to talk to him about Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 craddy96

Dara 'O' Brien...because he's from Bray witch is where im from and i would ask him,"whats it like coming from a place like Bray and becoming so famous?":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I would like to have a pint with Karl Spain, somewhere very private. I would attempt to drug him, then transport him to the deepest jungle in Africa, left with nothing but video camera and his underwear. He could then record his wacky exploits in trying to figure out what happened and survive etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I would have the jar with Neil Delamere, and in Mickey Martins in Limerick.

And why simply because of the Grainne Seoige and Mairead Farrell cat fight, with himself prancing around with the round number genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

WHO: Probably David O'Doherty - The Man, The Myth, The Miracle!

WHERE: Probably O'Faolain's Bar, Kilkenny (during the Carlsberg Cat Laughs Comedy Festival)

WHY: Probably because I'd won the VIP trip, was in Kilkenny and happened to bump into my favourite Irish comedian of all time, Mr. O'Doherty, on the street and invited him to join me for a pint of Carlsberg!

Carlsberg don't usually give me comedy related festival trips to Kilkenny, but if they did.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

There's an auld cat that hangs around Paidi O Se's pub in Ventry so I'd go there for a pint with Des Bishop. If the cat laughs though, it's probably just at Des's Irish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

My comedian of choice would have to be Ardal O'Hanlon to have a pint with.

Then i could ask him is his father also a stand up comedian with the rest of the Fianna Fail crew ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement