Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Rioga Reviews?

• 08-09-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    My husband and I are looking to buy a house at Dun Rioga in Dunshaughlin.
    We really like the area, seems quiet and beautiful.
    But we wanted to know if there's any known issues with this particular development. Have any of you heard of any issues with regard to the construction of the place?
    We will of course be getting someone to do a survey on the place, but it would be good to get an idea of possible issues beforehand.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mimi1980

Hi,
    As far as I know people are happy living there. I know few people that moved in last year and one family that moved in few months ago.
    Are they planing to have phase 3? When would houses be ready to move in? I am very interested in this estate as well
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnujTM

Hi,

We put in our booking deposit for Dun Rioga place. The house we are looking for has been promised as ready to move in by November with all the connections and wiring in place. Construction looks good with good use of space, same can be said about their 3 bedroom "poppy" home as well.

Our concerns with Radon emissions in Dunshaughlin has been sorted, Castlethorn seems to have installed Radon barriers and sump...which is good if true.

We stay in Dublin so we find the area really quiet. The absence of big stores such as tesco/dunnes had us worried but the Lidl isn't bad and apparently Aldi is under construction as well. For any specific purchases I suppose one would have to go down to blanch.

Could someone let us know about the area in general? There are quite a few forums on Dunshaughlin but it would be appreciated if any of you could let us know if there is anything to be worried about and the basic living quality such as Pollen or water quality? This is obviously a huge decision for us and our mind's running away with all that we need to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 benquw

AnujTM wrote: »
    Our concerns with Radon emissions in Dunshaughlin has been sorted, Castlethorn seems to have installed Radon barriers and sump...which is good if true.
    Same as yourself went sale agreed in Dun Rioga. Thanks to your post we have looked into radon emissions in Dunshaughlin. Would you be able to share who has provided information regarding radon barriers and sump ? Was it confirmed by builder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

I know a few people that bought in there.
    Moved in about 12 months ago, I think.
    They love it there, haven't had a bad word to say about it.

benquw wrote: »
    Same as yourself went sale agreed in Dun Rioga. Thanks to your post we have looked into radon emissions in Dunshaughlin. Would you be able to share who has provided information regarding radon barriers and sump ? Was it confirmed by builder ?

Yep, the builder told us - "Radon barriers and venting pipework has been setup". It is apparently a government directive, which is good..!

• Advertisement

Lujan wrote: »
    I know a few people that bought in there.
    Moved in about 12 months ago, I think.
    They love it there, haven't had a bad word to say about it.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 benquw

AnujTM wrote: »
    Yep, the builder told us - "Radon barriers and venting pipework has been setup". It is apparently a government directive, which is good..!

Thanks for the info.

I see work in progress to complete phase 2. Also show houses wont be sold until phase 3 is completed.

Advertisement