Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Johnstown Navan

Options
  • 13-10-2018 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering can anyone tell me what Johnstown Navan is like as an area to live and commute to Dublin?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Honestly, most of Johnstown is fine. There's only 3 real drawbacks:

There are very little amenities in the local area, you need to go into Navan town proper for anything. They do have a large supervalu there but not much in the way of sport/recreation facilities.

Traffic can be a nightmare there sometimes and getting in and out during peak/school time

There has been some trouble over the summer with teenagers and a lot of anti-social behaviour, but this is usually just confined to the summer.

Commute is fine, Bus Eireann has a service that runs through Johnstown and drops you at O'Connell Street/Wilton Terrace. And you can easily access the M3 if you drive.

Apart from that the houses are nice, what estate were you looking in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭cordy1969

I think its johnstown wood or balls town at this stage. Any insight would be fine.

The trouble over the summer was that any area in particular, the reason I ask is some houses in the area have been on the market for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

cordy1969 wrote: »
    I think its johnstown wood or balls town at this stage. Any insight would be fine.

The trouble over the summer was that any area in particular, the reason I ask is some houses in the area have been on the market for a long time

Mostly confined to the streets around the Supervalu area, but like i said seemed to be a summertime/boredom reason behind it. Right now its quiet.

Some houses in Johnstown have a poor energy rating or are asking far too much money thinking they can make a quick buck off the housing crisis. My advice would be to take your time.

Balis Downs is a lovely estate, but is there a reason you're set on Johnstown?

Price and availability is one reason and the other reason it seems to be on the right side of navan for a commute to Dublin.

Did you have any other suggestions? As I don't know the area well at all I'm open to options.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

cordy1969 wrote: »
    Price and availability is one reason and the other reason it seems to be on the right side of naval for a commute to Dublin.

Did you have any other suggestions? As I don't know the area well at all I'm open to options.

Thanks

Are you from Dublin?
    You'll feel like you never left!!

Plenty meath people too but Johnstown is an area that a lot of Dubs bought in during the Celtic tiger.

Not essentially a bad thing

• Advertisement

No I'm a foreigner settling for the first time in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Hope its ok digging up this thread but I have a potential job offer in Johnstown IDA Business Park so interested to now about the area.
    I dont drive so will I be able to manage there? Also is there any public bus service into the town centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kccamper

Gael23 wrote: »
    Hope its ok digging up this thread but I have a potential job offer in Johnstown IDA Business Park so interested to now about the area.
    I dont drive so will I be able to manage there? Also is there any public bus service into the town centre?

Probably too late but there is a bus, the NX, every 20 min to Dublin and in to Navan town centre in the opposite direction

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Anyone have any thoughts about Millbrook estate in Johnstown - looking at a house there any just wondering how the area is

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

turned down a job in that school with more hours after u heard the stories about it, think the secondary school is only about 6 years there. rough enough area i hear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement