Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

toby2111 wrote: »
    Live chat

What's the procedure here?
    Do you have to give them an address etc, or just ask them to change your location to UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

toby2111 wrote: »
    Live chat

I tried that but the guy spent a while doing things and then said he couldn't do it:mad:
    Is there a particular way to have your card or address setup first and then whats the best wording to ask them to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

TriStar6 wrote: »
    I tried that but the guy spent a while doing things and then said he couldn't do it:mad:
    Is there a particular way to have your card or address setup first and then whats the best wording to ask them to do?

Did you change your devices location to UK? It's in your Amazon settings 'Manage Your Content and Devices'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I have one of these gathering dust... Do they work in Ireland or do you have to do something specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

TriStar6 wrote: »

Go to
    Amazon.com/mycd
    Go to devices tab
    Select to move your device to UK. Or something similar
    It's in preferences section and change locale to uk.
    You will need to restart device after for it to take effect most likely

It will now be in
    Amazon.co.uk/mycd

I updated my address on UK account with my parcel motel and set as default also.
    Worked on phone then.

You don't need to talk to customer support.
    Note that you could have it in amazon.de/mycd or fr or it.
    For most it's the USA though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Third generation, mic button for Alexa, but also dedicated buttons for the TV being used, ie volume +/- , mute button and power buttons.

Hope this helps.

That's the very one I got from currys. 4k Mk3 it is so. :D

Considering Amazon won't ship to Ireland (hence the likes of PM/PW/etc must be paid for), price is very similar, and in case of any problem - hassle free returns. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Xcellor wrote: »
    I have one of these gathering dust... Do they work in Ireland or do you have to do something specific.

Yes these are brilliant little piece of kit that can be used for multiple online streaming apps e.g. Nelflix, BBC player, Channel 4, ITV Hub, Daily motion and many more. Definitely worth the money, in fact just ordered two off Currys site a few mins ago. Surprised the order went through as the store don't sell them but I was able to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Anyone able to get rte player app working on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

You must have a very dusty house, they were released in Oct 2018 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

winter2019 wrote: »
    Anyone able to get rte player app working on it?

A few posts there is a link to an rte player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Could someone pm me the best free things to add on this .Have one reserved for Argos (just regular one with Alexa )
    I haven’t a clue about these but would love to be able to set one up and get the most from it
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is yours a first generation one?

If so, upgrade now when they're half price, cos the gen1s will break your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Did all that. No success. Even went back to chat with no success again. It works on all devices I gave apart from the 4K firestick
    kenyard wrote: »
    Go to
    Amazon.com/mycd
    Go to devices tab
    Select to move your device to UK. Or something similar

It will now be in
    Amazon.co.uk/mycd

I updated my address on UK account with my parcel motel and set as default also.
    Worked on phone then.

You don't need to talk to customer support.
    Note that you could have it in amazon.de/mycd or fr or it.
    For most it's the USA though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

can’t change it either, no such option in devices tab. All I can do is change the name, deregister it, or delete voice recordings.

podge018 wrote: »
    can’t change it either, no such option in devices tab. All I can do is change the name, deregister it, or delete voice recordings.

Is this on a computer? You go to content and devices and then preferences.

71WfvEW.jpg

thanks, done that. Changed location in preferences on firetv device too, still didn't work. Got onto chat, they told me to restart device and it should work. It did. Not sure if they changed some setting or it was just the restart that done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

thanks, done that. Changed location in preferences on firetv device too, still didn't work. Got onto chat, they told me to restart device and it should work. It did. Not sure if they changed some setting or it was just the restart that done it.

Did u say u were in Ireland or the UK?
    Did they ask you for a UK payment method?

They told me, I needed a UK address, UK payment method and a UK IP address !!!

I have my Address Pal UK address but I dont have a UK payment method so they said they couldnt help me and it would only work with an older firestick

no I didn't have to say anything like that, I just said my fire tv wouldn't update to my new location and play Prime videos. I had changed the location as above, and set my default postal address to my parcel motel one as I'd seen somebody say here. I'd also changed the fire tv settings, preferences, location to the same post code as the parcel motel one.

They have to change a setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

How exactly do I get access to American content on this?

I have a vpn installed and running and it hasn't changed anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

ThePott wrote: »
    How exactly do I get access to American content on this?

I have a vpn installed and running and it hasn't changed anything.

Don't think you are allowed to discuss geoblock circumvention on boards.

degsie wrote: »
    Don't think you are allowed to discuss geoblock circumvention on boards.
    Darn :(, didn't know that. Got US Netflix so I guess that's a start. If anyone has any suggestions and can message me I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ThePott wrote:
    Darn , didn't know that. Got US Netflix so I guess that's a start. If anyone has any suggestions and can message me I'd appreciate it.

You can get it the same way you get Netflix US. You can also get hulu, hbo and disney if you want to pay for them

None of the apps are appearing for me though and Prime is staying in the UK catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Is yours a first generation one?

If so, upgrade now when they're half price, cos the gen1s will break your heart.

It's the hd one. So new one. Got it when it was down in price last time. Just haven't unpacked yet.

Thought maybe it wouldn't work in Ireland since I had to ship to addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

Wheety wrote: »
    Is this on a computer? You go to content and devices and then preferences.

71WfvEW.jpg

Thanks. Added detail to my original post. I couldn't remember what I had done in the section.

Had wanted to pick up standard one of these for second tv in Argos but they're out of stock now due to all of u buying them up :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Nevermind, Netflix is noticing it's a VPN too and not streaming anything. Seems even UK content isn't working.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Anyone oblige with a step by step on how to put the rte player on this? Want to put the toy show on for the kids. I've searched but can't get it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

deadlast wrote: »
    Anyone oblige with a step by step on how to put the rte player on this? Want to put the toy show on for the kids. I've searched but can't get it to work.

Heres the player you need. A link to it was posted earlier in this thread.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qs19ckwk78ycisw/com.twentyfouri.tvbridge.rte.apk/file

I installed cetusplay on my phone to send it and install it to the firestick.

Im just missing the Virgin Media player and dplay.
    https://www.dplay.co.uk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement