Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is cheapest for Skip Hire?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Thorntons have an on-line booking site with a 5% discount
    The 6cu yd skip is €210 so with the discount you get out for under €200

http://www.skip.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

By the way some put a load of wood up on adverts.ie as a freebie a few weeks ago and it was snapped up !!
    Recession - firewood ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Autorotation

If this info is of any use to anyone, I rented a 12t roro skip from A1 Waste over the weekend in Naas. At ?395 they were the cheapest quoted, and delivered and collected on time. No hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

If this info is of any use to anyone, I rented a 12t roro skip from A1 Waste over the weekend in Naas. At ?395 they were the cheapest quoted, and delivered and collected on time. No hassles.

Just rented a midi skip from A1 for 130 (originally quoted 170 - said that's not what the flyer said).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dubbish

Having terrible experience with A1 at the moment. They delivered skip okay and on time but were due to collect it six days ago. They have been rang every day since and have promised collection 'this afternoon' or 'before 11 saturday', then 'before 2pm saturday'. 2pm saturday, no sign of the truck so we call again and again only to be put on hold for 20 mins+ and never actually getting to speak to an operator. Called them once again this morning (tuesday) and the operator couldn't seem to find our order in the system at all. Cowboys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garyseo

Hi I think that aplus skips in dublin have the cheapest skip hire
    they have a mini skip for €79 delivered and collected for that price
    pretty good for getting rid of all that waste on a budget
    their site is
    http://www.aplusskips.ie

regards
    Gary

hi the cheapest skip hire I can find is €79 for mini skip
    €119 for a midi skip and €169 for a standard skip
    the company is call A plus skips
    their website is
    http://www.aplusskips.ie
    hope this helps

I foundl lately that a plus skips to be the cheapest, there in ballymount in south dublin
    im not sure of there phone number but there website is

www.aplusskips.ie

i think there cheapest skip is 79 quid and they are reliable collect when you ask them

rgds

Gary:)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Three in a row, well done.

Is this what passes for SEO these days Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I know this thread has spanned a few years at this stage but I suspect a lot of people use it as a guide having found it in search. I did exactly that last week and based on the feedback ordered a skip from Thorntons - and they were excellent :) I only wanted it for two days - load on Thursday out by Friday (even with that I had an extra suitcase and a rather large standard lamp added by my neighbours!). I ordered online on the weds and tbh I wasn't overly hopeful of the whole thing working out. But sure enough I had a knock on my door the next morning and it was the driver apologising for being early :P (i'd asked for a PM delivery and an AM take away). The next day it was taken away without me having to call to remind them.

So, definitely a +1 for thorntons.

C

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thats "A-Plus" Sharron..............................to quote that stupid radio ad.:rolleyes:

Wouldnt use them,as they took forever (over a week) to come back and collect my neighbours skip,which was also just dumped half way accross my driveway entrance by the skip lorry driver.:mad:

My neighbour was embarrassed and appoligetic to me,and also very angry at the way the skip was just "dumped" off by the driver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dubbish wrote: »
    Having terrible experience with A1 at the moment. They delivered skip okay and on time but were due to collect it six days ago. They have been rang every day since and have promised collection 'this afternoon' or 'before 11 saturday', then 'before 2pm saturday'. 2pm saturday, no sign of the truck so we call again and again only to be put on hold for 20 mins+ and never actually getting to speak to an operator. Called them once again this morning (tuesday) and the operator couldn't seem to find our order in the system at all. Cowboys.

Id allmsot swear you trying to shoot down/slander the competition and plug your own crowd,with regards your 1st ever 3 postson this forum,and amazingly all 3 are on this very topic and all after each other in a row.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should be banned,as its so clear what you are doing.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flori ciobanu

hi got a skip from Aplus skips they cover all dublin cant be beaten on price 2.5 mini 79 4 midi 119 6 standard 169 service first class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I need a skip and won't be looking at aplus after all the "rubbish" posted here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Johnab

Hi

There are many skip hire companies running successfully these days due to not proper collection of waste by the local council people. Every skip hire company is providing various facilities to make the client free from the stress. Just hire the one which is near by you as it will cost you less. If you go for the which is far that will finally end up you paying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dissenter

I used ASAP Waste recently, as one of the guys is a brother of a friend.

They have prices on their site, but will knock a few quid off if you ask.

http://asapwaste.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 macmansion

I have had a really terrible experience with skips in the past - especially getting them collected which can be a nightmare.

This week I used paylessskiphire.ie - they were fantastic: the skip was delivered and collected exactly on time (even went away for an hour when I wasn't quite ready in time), the price was good, and all done with a smile.
    Most importanty they inspired confidence that everything would go smoothly from the first phone call - I really recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cammag

Having read MacMansion's posting here, I too rang payless and am very glad I did so.

The lady who I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, the price was the best around and the service was excellent.

The skip was delivered by a very pleasant chap who adds to the overall impression that this company gives its customers a top class service, at the right price and all with a smile, exactly as the previous posting said.

Thanks MacMansions for the info, which I fully echo.

http://www.paylessskiphire.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sledge100

Thanks payless skip hire for great price and excellent service www.paylessskiphire.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 maxtiny

I need to hire a medium size skip for paper waste only, it is mostly old magazines but I would like them to be recycled. Does anyone know of a company who provide these. I am in Dublin 8.

Thanks

• Advertisement

maxtiny wrote: »
    I need to hire a medium size skip for paper waste only, it is mostly old magazines but I would like them to be recycled. Does anyone know of a company who provide these. I am in Dublin 8.

Thanks[/Quot

sledge100 wrote: »
    maxtiny wrote: »

Thanks[/Quot
    Payless skip hire dispose of waste at a transfer station where they would recycle all paper and cardbord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aggiem

Do you need to get a permit from the council to put a skip outside the house? I don't have a driveway, it would need to be on road and I'm wondering what the regs are for that. Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I usually find that who ever you get your wheelie bin from does discounted skip hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carh

rang the 2 recommeded companies above and gave my business to " pay less skip hire" They were friendly, professional, and cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hugh,
    Been getting quotes for a midi-skip for a easterspring clean - rang 10 diff co's - all quoting the same price! €200...I am cyncial but is that not price fixing?? I sent an enquiry to the Compeition Authority....

As this thread seems to be going on a while I dont want to create a new one which has the same questions.

As above, getting quotes for skips, Im a bit cynical myself, all quoting around the same price,
    just read the whole thread and the amount of low count posters offering advice is almost funny, one poster even links to a site that looks like they are offering a 4cyd and calling it a 6cyd

Im looking for a 6cu yd skip,
    Anyone know where I can get a significant saving on skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Merch wrote: »
    As this thread seems to be going on a while I dont want to create a new one which has the same questions.

As above, getting quotes for skips, Im a bit cynical myself, all quoting around the same price,
    just read the whole thread and the amount of low count posters offering advice is almost funny, one poster even links to a site that looks like they are offering a 4cyd and calling it a 6cyd

Im looking for a 6cu yd skip,
    Anyone know where I can get a significant saving on skip?

i had to get 2 standard skips a while back and had a pain in my face calling everyone and getting the same price + or - 5%

In the end I went with access waste, i had received a leaflet through the door with a special offer on it, was good value but cant remember exactly the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

jameshayes wrote: »
    i had to get 2 standard skips a while back and had a pain in my face calling everyone and getting the same price + or - 5%

In the end I went with access waste, i had received a leaflet through the door with a special offer on it, was good value but cant remember exactly the price!

ok, thanks for the prompt reply, I want to get it within the next week
    but it does looks like the prices are almost fixed to the same approximate value.
    I'll look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭shanek248

What is the situation in 2016?

Is there any skip hire companies in Dublin with deals atm or who are significantly better value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

shanek248 wrote: »
    What is the situation in 2016?

Is there any skip hire companies in Dublin with deals atm or who are significantly better value?

Would appreciate information also, looking to get a skip next weekend

Advertisement