Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is cheapest for Skip Hire?

• 29-01-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

Hi, can anyone advise who is the cheapest for a Midi Skip (8ft x 4ft x 3ft) in the Dublin area.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manicmonday

Hugh,
    Been getting quotes for a midi-skip for a easterspring clean - rang 10 diff co's - all quoting the same price! €200...I am cyncial but is that not price fixing?? I sent an enquiry to the Compeition Authority....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got one last week from A1 for €141 but they left it for week until i phoned them up and bollo.xed them out of it. i see greenstar are now advertising €130.00 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

Where are Greenstar's pricing? I cant see it on the website? I ordered one last week for this sat (7th April) and they r charging me €150 !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Where are Greenstar's pricing? I cant see it on the website?
    go to the booking form, and in the drop down list of available skip sizes, it'll tell you the price.

ahh good man, so it is? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

All the skip hire co.s I phoned for a Midi Skip were about the €200 mark.

I eventually went with A1 using their internet booking for about €170.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah I've used A1 myself. They are not the cheapest but they deliver and collect on time. When you've a skip in the driveway, prompt collection and delivey is important.

I used Greenstar over weekend for midi - cost €190 ! Delivered on Sat, was supposed to collect on Wed but rang them on Tuesday morning asking if they could collect today. They said the earliest was Wed, however at about 5pm on Tuesday the guy arrived and collected it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PDS

I heard an advertisment for the pacon waste and recycling on the radio. it was garaunteed for
    next day delivery or next day collection
    . I decided to give them a try. The skip I order was a stadard at a cost of €295 which after pricing around i found to be the cheapest. The drivers were very professional and the services was as described.
    I just like to thank all of the people I dealt with.
    So if anyone is interested I would highly recomend them.
    There number is ; 01-8417000 :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PDS

aren't you the clever fcuker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

PDS wrote:
    aren't you the clever fcuker
    Eh, who are you referring to exactly, and whats your roll with pacon waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

delly wrote:
    and whats your roll with pacon waste?

Marketing manager............... ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

PDS wrote:
    I heard an advertisment for the pacon waste and recycling on the radio. it was garaunteed for . I decided to give them a try. The skip I order was a stadard at a cost of €295 which after pricing around i found to be the cheapest. The drivers were very professional and the services was as described.
    I just like to thank all of the people I dealt with.
    So if anyone is interested I would highly recomend them.
    There number is ; 01-8417000 :D:p

Must admit never heard of this company so would be interested to know, what range of skip sizes are available, and what areas are serviced.

€ 295 is definitely competitive but not cheapest. Also what happens when company are late with (a) delivery and/or (b) collection?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

http://www.a1waste.ie/

€185 for a Midi Skip (4 CY) for 2 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

Sorry to hijack this thread but any skip companies in County Kildare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kathy_BBBA

I just got a price of euro350.00 euro for a 6cu ft skip and euro500.00 for a 12cu ft from one company in Kilkenny county and another company quoted me 350 for 6cu ft and 450.00 for 12 cu ft :mad:

Anyone know a cheap skip hire in Kilkenny County?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

i just wanted a skip for top soil .. would there be a problem if i got a trailor and filled it with the top soil. and found a dump to get rid of it .
    legaly i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

redfan wrote:
    i just wanted a skip for top soil .. would there be a problem if i got a trailor and filled it with the top soil. and found a dump to get rid of it .
    legaly i mean

I got rid of a load of Top Soil this way, €15 per trailer load in Baleally Dump in North County Dublin, that price was for a single axle trailer and might cost more for a bigger trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 YoMommaInTights

Well me and my housemates are having a bit of trouble. See our landlords a bastard and he didn't give us bin stickers til like 2 weeks ago...we've been living there since september!We now have a vast quantity of smelly bin bags in our garage and no way of disposing of them quickly. Being students and on a budget we can't really afford a skip, unless there's one out there in the Maynooth area for roughly 80euro which I seriously doubt there is... Does anybody know if there's anything/anybody out there who we can pay to collect our rubbish? None of us have cars and I'm guessing a taxi won't appreciate several runs to a dump with 20 mouldy bin bags in his boot. Please help. We don't want rats! :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Well me and my housemates are having a bit of trouble. See our landlords a bastard and he didn't give us bin stickers til like 2 weeks ago. dead right he was: polluter pays ..we've been living there since september!We now have a vast quantity of smelly bin bags excellent in our garage and no way of disposing of them quickly. Being students and on a budget we can't really afford a skip because we need all our money to get pissed every night and snort coke etc, unless there's one out there in the Maynooth area for roughly 80euro which I seriously doubt there is... Does anybody know if there's anything/anybody out there who we can pay to collect our rubbish? None of us have carsor driving licences and I'm guessing a taxi won't appreciate several runs to a dump with 20 mouldy bin bags in his boot. Please help. We don't want rats! :confused::(

see this http://www.babyskip.ie/how_it_works.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BearEssentials

Hi there,

I recently used BlanchWaste Skip hire. They seem to be new and eager to please. Good rates and fast drop off and collection.

www.BlanchWaste.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 themicklad

hi all ,im new here so heres my bit of info on this..im a small to mid size builder ive been around a bit so i know all the skip companies in dublin ..most i have to say provide a bad service (my opinion)..for last number of months i have been using a company called m&m skip hire ..and for service they wont be bet ,ther prices are about equal to the others maybe some cases a little cheaper but i think you pay for what you get ..and in my business its service and availability is what i need ..so i think m&m skip hire are worth a call ..

ps ..i think there based in co dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 indigoman

I don't think many small to medium size builders would leave a comment about any skip hire companies. I think Micklad is trying to promote a small to medium size skip Hire Company, which is bad cheap advertising. Looking at M and Ms website it does not look very profesional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 themicklad

indigoman ..you dont think a builder wouldn leave comments about a skip company ..well how thick are you ? what is this board for ? i will leave a comment good bad or indifferent...

ps if your looking for a good builder call me p&b builders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 indigoman

It says M&M skip hire is one of the largest in the country but yet their contact address is a bed room in a north county dublin council estate. Sounds dodgy to me.................... Touch of the John Wayne going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Don't Use A1wasters As I Call Them.
    Rude Rude Rude Rude.

Don't Ever Do Business With Them.

Didn't Deliver Or Pick Up On Time.
    Absolute Joke.

Regards
    Eoc

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Don't Use A1waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rokz

indigoman wrote: »
    I don't think many small to medium size builders would leave a comment about any skip hire companies. I think Micklad is trying to promote a small to medium size skip Hire Company, which is bad cheap advertising. Looking at M and Ms website it does not look very profesional.

well people will also judge you by your comments...As it so happens i have used this company .and have found them very professional and also the cheapest,I paid 480 for 20 cu yd skip.All others wanted around 650....

"when you know nothing...it is better to say nothing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 garyxxx

Need a skip for saturday 30th may, 20 ft job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

what are the prices for skips nowadays. for the regular six cubic yard ones? I have a load of wood to get rid of. any way other than a skip to do that??? Is there a way to recycle it like maybe hiring a wood chipper?

Advertisement