Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood. To begin on April 14th

Comments

Imma have to pull out of this my exams are closer to it than I thought!

No worries, good luck with the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hi, can I put my name down please? Think 3 months is a decent break. Also, can give the United forum members a break from me for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeeeeah welcome back :D

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi, can I put my name down please? Think 3 months is a decent break. Also, can give the United forum members a break from me for a week!

Ah good man Drummer!

Actually...it will give you a break from the United thread for a week, look at it that way :pac:

Players as of now... ( if we missed you, say something...)

1. Duffman
    2. Teddy Daniels
    3. Necro (for April 14th, 'in solidarity with those who can't make the 21st', hmm…pre-game pocketing??)
    4. Dublinandy2
    5. Green&Red (for April 14th)
    6. Clarabel (either date, dependent on job)
    7. Beaker Joe (for April 14th)
    8. Fixxxer
    9. Tritium
    10. Lord TSC
    11. Rikand
    12. TheSkunk
    13. Whiplashy (21st preferred, possible for 14th if it prevails)
    14. Strawberry Milkshake
    15. Bounty Hunter
    16. Choc Chip
    17. Sephiroth_dude
    18. Barney92
    19. Kolido
    20. Drumpot O'Shaughnessy

Deadwood Deadroom access…

1. Kitten

Just to mention a couple of things about how the game is shaping up...

Sunday April 14th is currently prevailing as our start date. Unless we get 3+ more sign-ups asking for the 21st, it's looking like Deadwood will begin on April 14th. Btw...Game of Thrones final season also begins on that date. That has nothing to do with our game, it just occurred to me now, and I'm happy :)

Mentors: We have received a request to implement the mentor facility in this game. While I myself was not around to see how it worked out in recent games, my co-mods have advised that we allow it to run in Deadwood. Based on the results of its trial so far on Boards, we are currently drawing up some mentor guidelines for Deadwood and will share these in here soon.

Just to be clear about what this 'mentor' thing is: If you are a new player who would like to give Werewolf a try, but feel it is too much to take on yourself - There are veteran players here who when they can't commit to a full game, they commit to aid a new player behind the scenes with advice.

- If you are a new player who would like to sign-up and ask for a mentor, let us know in this thread or PM the game creators: Stu Redman, sKeith, quickbeam or deconduo.

- If you are an experienced player who can't commit fully to Deadwood, but reckon you would be available to mentor a new player, let us know here or by PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I've taken a new job and I am likely to be BUSY so I think it's best that I pull out rather than not be able to participate except in the evenings.

Clarabel wrote: »
    I've taken a new job and I am likely to be BUSY so I think it's best that I pull out rather than not be able to participate except in the evenings.

Congrats on the new job Clarabel. You can pull out by all means, but know that some players in every game are limited to evening participation and that is just fine.

I'll take you off the list as requested, but feel free to reconsider later on if you think you'll have the time.

Sign-ups will be open for at least another 10 days.

19 players as of now...

1. Duffman
    2. Teddy Daniels
    3. Necro (for April 14th, 'in solidarity with those who can't make the 21st', hmm…pre-game pocketing??)
    4. Dublinandy2
    6. Clarabel (either date, dependent on job)
    7. Beaker Joe (for April 14th)
    8. Fixxxer
    9. Tritium
    10. Lord TSC
    11. Rikand
    12. TheSkunk
    13. Whiplashy (21st preferred, possible for 14th if it prevails)
    14. Strawberry Milkshake
    15. Bounty Hunter
    16. Choc Chip
    17. Sephiroth_dude
    18. Barney92
    19. Kolido
    20. Drumpot O'Shaughnessy

1. Kitten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’m going away from the 15th-17th. I’ll be able to play but won’t be able to be glued to the phone. You know I’ve got important plans involving spas and cocktails :D If you have enough players I’m happy to sit this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If need another player sign me up, prefer from the 21st

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m going away from the 15th-17th. I’ll be able to play but won’t be able to be glued to the phone. You know I’ve got important plans involving spas and cocktails :D If you have enough players I’m happy to sit this one out.

In that case it's up to you Whiplashy. You don’t have to post loads so long as you can loosely keep up with any major events. We'll take you off the list if you think you won’t be able to do that though.

You'll need something to browse while on the loungers downing mojitos or whatever your chosen tipple is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

19 players as of now...

1. Duffman
    2. Necro
    3. Dublinandy2
    4. Green&Red
    5. Beaker Joe
    6. Fixxxer
    7. Tritium
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. TheSkunk
    11. Whiplashy
    12. Strawberry Milkshake
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Choc Chip
    15. Sephiroth_dude
    16. Barney92
    17. Drumpot
    18. JP Liz (21st preferred)
    19. Sully

1. Kitten

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If need another player sign me up, prefer from the 21st

Thanks Liz. We could ideally do with about 20-23 players. We're currently a few short of that and would appreciate having you on board.

Current sign-ups. We've had one by PM who isn't on sKeith's list above.

1. Duffman
    2. Teddy Daniels
    3. Necro
    4. Dublinandy2
    6. Beaker Joe (for April 14th)
    7. Fixxxer
    8. Tritium
    9. Lord TSC
    10. Rikand
    11. TheSkunk
    12. Whiplashy (21st preferred, possible for 14th if it prevails)
    13. Strawberry Milkshake
    14. Bounty Hunter
    15. Choc Chip
    16. Sephiroth_dude
    17. Barney92
    18. Drumpot
    19. JP Liz (21st preferred)
    20. Sully (for April 14th)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

On the mentor option, I reckon I'll get by without one if there's no one available, but if there's the opportunity for a mentor in my first game I'd take that person up on it. No harm in getting some advice and not wrecking everyone's head by doing something stupid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

In that case it's up to you Whiplashy. You don’t have to post loads so long as you can loosely keep up with any major events. We'll take you off the list if you think you won’t be able to do that though.

You'll need something to browse while on the loungers downing mojitos or whatever your chosen tipple is :D

Ah yeah I’ll be able to keep up. I might even be able to fly under the radar :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote: »
    On the mentor option, I reckon I'll get by without one if there's no one available, but if there's the opportunity for a mentor in my first game I'd take that person up on it. No harm in getting some advice and not wrecking everyone's head by doing something stupid! :D

On the bolded part, I really wouldn't worry. Even the experienced players do that still :pac:

Each game brings a different challenge, sometimes you play well, sometimes you end up in the foetal position shouting 'WHY DID I DO THAT' at the laptop.

Main thing is to have fun doing both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necro wrote: »
    On the bolded part, I really wouldn't worry. Even the experienced players do that still :pac:

Each game brings a different challenge, sometimes you play well, sometimes you end up in the foetal position shouting 'WHY DID I DO THAT' at the laptop.

Main thing is to have fun doing both :)

I think the main thing is don't throw the laptop, think its been done at least once, and regret is always found after doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

sKeith wrote: »
    I think the main thing is don't throw the laptop, think its been done at least once, and regret is always found after doing it.

Who threw a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Congrats on the new job Clarabel. You can pull out by all means, but know that some players in every game are limited to evening participation and that is just fine.

I'll take you off the list as requested, but feel free to reconsider later on if you think you'll have the time.

Sign-ups will be open for at least another 10 days.

Thanks and under normal situations it'd be grand but I didn't finish work til after 8 most days this week...and it'll only get worse as I get closer. I don't want to flake....End of May, June I should be better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I would like to withdraw at this point.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay Teddy :( If you're sure.

Did we decide on a date for this? need to know when to say goodbye to my family :D

14th April.

quickbeam wrote: »
    14th April.

Thank you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

fixxxer wrote: »
    Did we decide on a date for this? need to know when to say goodbye to my family :D

I'm genuinely starting to get nervous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

In the words of popular deadwood character count dooku

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Eh who changed the thread title :pac:

Drumpot wrote: »
    In the words of popular deadwood character count dooku

giphy.gif

Sorry Drummer...we're currently torn on whether to feature Count Dooku of the Separatist Alliance as a playable character or to save him for a mod persona on COP. As he was quite prominent in Deadwood's final season, it's hard to leave him out.

Anyway folks,

If you are all good to go next Sunday the 14th, that is when we'll start. We're excited about the set-up and hope there's a bit of fun in there for everyone. If not, well it's sKeith's fault or someone else's, not mine anyway.

Just remember the main rule going in...

"That was a bit of craic, I enjoyed that" = Stu did it.

"Dogshíte, waste of time" = sKeith, quickbeam or deconduo did it.

:D

Sign-ups...

Here's our roster as of now. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

1. Duffman
    2. Necro
    3. Dublinandy2
    4. Green&Red
    5. Beaker Joe
    6. Fixxxer
    7. Tritium
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. TheSkunk
    11. Whiplashy
    12. Strawberry Milkshake
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Choc Chip
    15. Sephiroth_dude
    16. Barney92
    17. Drumpot
    18. JP Liz
    19. Sully

Sign-ups will be open until late Friday or maybe even Saturday.

Mentors...

Of the 19 above, two newer players have requested mentors for this game if possible. One has already been paired with an experienced player who is available, but Choc Chip is currently without a mentor. If one becomes available, we will pair them up.

Here is a brief guideline for any mentors in the game...
    Mentors,

Please remember that you are not players in this game but are just oracles of information that can be accessed by your mentee.

While your experience in the game is a valuable commodity that we are leveraging, we would hope that you consider your advice with enough care as to not pass your suspicions of other players in the game onto your mentee.
    If you are an experienced player but haven't signed up for Deadwood, maybe you might have the time to be a mentor to a newer player in this game? If so, please let us know here or by PM.

Subs...

We currently have none and could do with at least one, anyone want to make themselves available? If so we'd appreciate it, you can let us know here or by PM to myself, sKeith, quickbeam or deconduo.

That's it for now.

6Oxvz1i.gif

• Advertisement

The games will be played with anon accounts. If anyone would like their own account to be switched off from the Werewolf sub forum to prevent posting with it in error, please let me know.

Honestly, PLEASE let me know. I haven’t done anything moddy yet so dying to get my hands dirty with this kind of stuff :P

Advertisement