Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I cant think of any other cases like this in ireland in a long time. I had tears in my eyes reading the reports it was so shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Why cant we have a referendum on the death penalty, a 3 strikes law or proper serious hard time in jail for criminals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why cant we have a referendum on the death penalty, a 3 strikes law or proper serious hard time in jail for criminals.

Didn't we already have one? We abolished the death penalty we didn't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Prisons are too keep citizens in country safe from dangerous individuals. Automatic death penalty for the most heinous crimes and deportation also achieve that.

Stephen we don't have the death penalty any more for good reason. Your hastily constructed hard-man soap box about Johnny foreigner deportation doesn't excuse you for your disgusting comments about the childs parents and family.

Show a bit of respect, empathy and dignity, a child was brutally murdered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Didn't we already have one? We abolished the death penalty we didn't use.

Time has changes the nation, put it to the people again.
    Every week we hear of some criminal getting a soft sentence for crime, i for one am sick and tired of it, and i doubt i am the only one.

We work hard, pay taxes and obey the law, while the criminal element of the country are allowed to run wild, and when caught its the probation act for them.

Use some of our tax money to erect wooden huts on a island of the west coast, abandon the prisoners there to serve time.
    Make prison time so fúcking miserable that a single month on the island cold and wet will put them back on the straight and narrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

I wouldn't describe her death as "tragic".

The Gardai will catch whoever did this. Give them time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Defunkd wrote: »

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I can't believe this happened in Ireland, and worse the way people aren't that shocked anymore, murder has become too much the norm nowadays.

RIP

This thread is destined for locking. GUBU stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I can't believe this happened in Ireland, and worse the way people aren't that shocked anymore, murder has become too much the norm nowadays.

RIP

I think most people here are shocked, and those who aren't.. best not to pay much attention to those particular specimens of humanity

• Advertisement

What the actual fuck like ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Like with Raonaid Murray?

And your opening line is contemptible.

I think most people here are shocked, and those who aren't.. best not to pay much attention to those particular specimens of humanity

Sorry I worded it wrong, of course people are shocked, but my point is murder is all too common nowadays in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Forbidden under the ECHR that we are signatories to.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    What the actual fuck like ???

Her death is not the result of a disaster or misfortune. English, motherfcuker, do you speak it?(or know how to use it correctly?)
    So instead of going keyboard warrior on me, learn about adjectives.

Her death is not the result of a disaster or misfortune. English, motherfcuker, do you speak it?(or know how to use it correctly?)

Look up synonyms of tragic. You are the person who doesn't understand English!

Like with Raonaid Murray?

And your opening line is contemptible.
    Like Elaine O'Hara and Paud O'Leary.
    I'm not too interested with what reaction my words have on you.If they upset you, all the better.

Mod-Banned

I'm not too interested with what reaction my words have on you.If they upset you, all the better.

Sorry I ever answered your other message now. The mask slips and we see what you actually are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

This horrific event has really shocked me to the core, we are well used to murders in this country but most times its gang related and most of us are desensitized to those particular crimes (scum killing scum).

A 14 year old child beaten to death and possibly raped previous to that. It takes a special type of psycopath to be able to beat someone to death and just leave them there.

This is one of the worst crimes commited in the history of the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

thebull85 wrote: »
    This horrific event has really shocked me to the core, we are well used to murders in this country but most times its gang related and most of us are desensitized to those particular crimes (scum killing scum).

A 14 year old child beaten to death and possibly raped previous to that. It takes a special type of psycopath to be able to beat someone to death and just leave them there.

This is one of the worst crimes commited in the history of the state.

It's certainly differant than the usual murders,if you can call them that, which we hear of. This is differant and as bad as it gets.

This is a terrible tragedy and her parents must be going through hell right now. May the poor girl rest in peace and her killer(s) spend rest of time behind bars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Looked it up:

Tragedy

an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.

Sorry I ever answered your other message now. The mask slips and we see what you actually are.
    And yet you replied a second time?

The childs death has caused extreme distress and sorrow to her family and friends. They are are devastated.

It's tragic.

Take your civil servant, bureaucratic, hair splitting, cruel, unsympathetic and insensitive keyboard warrior attitude elsewhere.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Grew up in that area. Hung around Catherines park as a teen through the long summer evenings.The most carefree time of my life. To me the Leixlip/Catherines area felt like the safest place in the world, still does to an extent having travelled the globe since.

This has chilled me to the bone. I cannot believe this happened to poor Ana and the opportunity to live her life, fulfil her dreams and ambitions has been taken away by some utterly wretched scumbag.

Its very sad. RIP Ana, I hope your family get the justice they deserve at least.

Wasnt there a particularly bad sex attack down that direction a few years ago, 4 nigerians gang raped a local girl. Think it was leixlip.. Media were banned from reporting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm just hearing about this now. Jesus Christ. What kind of animal would do such a thing ? 14 ? Christ almighty may they rot in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

RIP the poor girl my daughters around the same age and this is truly every parents worst nightmare. Apparantly kids around her own age did this No doubt they will be caught tried as juveniles and out what within 10 years? It reminds me a bit to the Jamie Bulger case.
    I would have no problem ending the murdering scums life they don’t deserve to live after what they did to this poor girl. Sorry for strong comments but this crime has really affected me, the sheer cruelty.

Jesus.
    That's doubly shocking if it's kids her own age.
    I feel sick.
    Poor child.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,730 ✭✭✭✭unkel

RIP little woman :(

Shaken me quite some. My eldest girl turned 14 too last month and we are locals. Classmate of my other daughter is a cousin of Ana
    Wasnt there a particularly bad sex attack down that direction a few years ago, 4 nigerians gang raped a local girl. Think it was leixlip.. Media were banned from reporting on it.

Are you making this up?

unkel wrote: »
    RIP little woman :(

Shaken me quite some. My eldest girl turned 14 too last month and we are locals. Classmate of my other daughter is a cousin of Ana

Are you making this up?

Of course im not making it up.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/amp/

This is the only info online that confirms it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There's link to articles in the times and examiner on the wiki page of Akinade the football player, more or less word for word the same though

• Advertisement

There's link to articles in the times and examiner on the wiki page of Akinade the football player, more or less word for word the same though

The really sick was the adulation and standing ovation he got on his return to Bohs, that was the end of me and that club that i supported since i was child.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement