Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming News

Options

Comments

Getting good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Followed by "2.0", Dirt look to be announcing a game tomorrow, most likely Dirt Rally 2.

Strange series, I loved Dirt Rally even though I lost most races and I didn't like Dirt 4 at all even using the sim driving mode. Don't know what but it definitely lost done the magic from Rally.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1044519378681647104?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Getting good reviews

We need a dedicated FH4 thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We really do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Billy86 wrote: »

They created that thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Nintendo stock went up from the bowsette meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That is so inexplicable on so many levels for what is an incredibly dull and forgettable 'meh' meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Telltale hit with class-action lawsuit for breaking labor laws
    Former employee says layoffs violated federal and state WARN laws

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17901106/telltale-layoffs-lawsuit-warn-act

Not sure it'll do any good, their funding fell through and they are broke.

That is so inexplicable on so many levels for what is an incredibly dull and forgettable 'meh' meme.

You must be a hit at parties :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I need an XBOX One for that game, right now.

What's this "meme" about? I'm old and I'm glad I don't know.

https://twitter.com/FakeNerdBoy/status/1044638719255302145

I looked it up and saw that. Now I wish I was never born.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You must be a hit at parties :rolleyes:
    Usually the parties I'm at involve more than really boring, poorly thought out memes, so yeah I'm grand at them thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What's this "meme" about? I'm old and I'm glad I don't know.

https://twitter.com/FakeNerdBoy/status/1044638719255302145

I looked it up and saw that. Now I wish I was never born.

Damn sexy sexy bowser

Looks like a whole of attention seeking to me.

Free trial of game pass and play it free for two weeks on your PC?

Demo on X looks unreal on a 4k TV

Free trial of game pass and play it free for two weeks on your PC?

Demo on X looks unreal on a 4k TV

Oh really? I have Horizon 3 on PC but it doesn't run that good even on potato settings.

I'm all over that though, thanks.

Oh really? I have Horizon 3 on PC but it doesn't run that good even on potato settings.

I'm all over that though, thanks.

As mentioned elsewhere in the FH4 thread add a payment method for renewal and get a free month on top of the two weeks and immediately remove it and cancel for 6 weeks free.

Sound thanks. Is there a way to see which games on game pass are playable on PC. The whole design of that Windows Xbox is horrendous

Sound thanks. Is there a way to see which games on game pass are playable on PC. The whole design of that Windows Xbox is horrendous

I -think- this is it. Seems pretty bare to put it mildly, though I've not played a GOW since the second one so that would also be on the list, and I know it got a lot of grief but I'd be sure I'll stick on Sea of Thieves for a few hours to see what the craic is.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games?cat=xpa

Yeah filter on the game pass site for play anywhere. It's 13 or 14 games. State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves and Recore being the only 'stand outs' .

Really not worth the money if you are pc only but handy if you do like I do with Neflix and sub and cancel to watch when there is stuff there I want to see so will cost you 9.99 to play a game for a month that could cost you 40-70eu to buy a physical copy of. It's rare if ever I'd play anything for longer than it takes to get all the achievements in.

• Advertisement

Pretty good deal though, basically free Horizon 4. 6 weeks is enough to be done with it.

New World Record set in Super Mario Bros. (NES)

The first sub-4min 56s run & maybe only .200s away from a true-PERFECT run!

Pretty good deal though, basically free Horizon 4. 6 weeks is enough to be done with it.
    FH4 would fit Microsoft's new game as a service model, games with social multiplayer aspects at it's core that continually delivers new content which eventually will keep people subscribed to Game Pass.

FH is in transition to that model at the moment though, so you are right you could easily just do the set races and ignore the dynamic social aspect of it and be done in 6 weeks.

Expect FH5 to be more game as a service oriented and probably by FH6 it will be fully there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Keyboard and mouse support officially announced for Xbox. Warframe is the first game to get it next month. Razer seem to be teasing something, presumably a branded KB&M.

Will be purely up to developers whether they add support for it in their games or not.

FH4 demo runs fine on my old card at low enough settings. Still looks amazing on it. I'll be all over this on Tuesday night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The castlevania bundle is now officially announced for PS4. Would be stupid if it remains there.

Was hoping it was a port of the PSP game but it looks like a port of the originals.

The PSP version of sotn allowed you to play as Maria which was previously Saturn exclusive but dud not have the extra Saturn stages (which were ****e anyway)

The PSP remake of rondo looked awful but it was a better playing game with a better 5' stage unlike the rushed original and some new enemies and bosses.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Keyboard and mouse support officially announced for Xbox. Warframe is the first game to get it next month. Razer seem to be teasing something, presumably a branded KB&M.

Will be purely up to developers whether they add support for it in their games or not.

That's a pretty big development for console gamers I would think. I use a projector and gaming PC so it's a more similar setup on the couch etc and the mini wireless keyboard (about 20cm long) plus wireless mouse means clutter isn't even a remote issue when I use it for the PC generally or for some point-and-click games.

I'm sure the demand wouldn't be near where it is on PC for them, but this potentially opens up another little world of games to you if you're on XBox (and makes some others already out like XCom an awful lot easier to use, I would imagine). Doesn't impact me personally being on PC but if I were on XBox only I'd be fairly excited about that news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a pretty big development for console gamers I would think. I use a projector and gaming PC so it's a more similar setup on the couch etc and the mini wireless keyboard (about 20cm long) plus wireless mouse means clutter isn't even a remote issue when I use it for the PC generally or for some point-and-click games.

I'm sure the demand wouldn't be near where it is on PC for them, but this potentially opens up another little world of games to you if you're on XBox (and makes some others already out like XCom an awful lot easier to use, I would imagine). Doesn't impact me personally being on PC but if I were on XBox only I'd be fairly excited about that news.

Just like most things, the Dreamcast did it first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just like most things, the Dreamcast did it first :pac:

God I still remember Quake III Arena on the Dreamcast when I had the keyboard and mouse and would play online against controller people and just decimate them. It actually got boring after a while, it was so easy.

• Advertisement

Microsoft throwing more **** at the wall. It's a good thing though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement