Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-06-2019, 17:15   #1
Vote4Napoleon

fixing poor plastering

Hi guys,
I'm hoping some1 can help me, we moved into our new build 18 months ago. Some of the plastering is brutal, problem is it wasnt really visible until all the painting was done. In one instance in the mornings the sun hits the curtains and reflects across onto the walls and it shows how terrible the plastering is. Is there an alternative to re-skimming? Could the walls be sanded or am I dreaming?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 19:40   #2
kingbhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote4Napoleon View Post
Hi guys,
I'm hoping some1 can help me, we moved into our new build 18 months ago. Some of the plastering is brutal, problem is it wasnt really visible until all the painting was done. In one instance in the mornings the sun hits the curtains and reflects across onto the walls and it shows how terrible the plastering is. Is there an alternative to re-skimming? Could the walls be sanded or am I dreaming?
Thanks in advance.

Bad skimming will never be able to be put right. It'll always show. Sometimes some job's can take filler to fill in small issues however of it's really bad, just pay to get it reskimmed!
11-06-2019, 22:34   #3
Vote4Napoleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbhome
Bad skimming will never be able to be put right. It'll always show. Sometimes some job's can take filler to fill in small issues however of it's really bad, just pay to get it reskimmed!

Ah balls, thanks for the post.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion