Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads don't under any circumstances watch Rory v Fitch, possibly the worst and most boring fight iv ever tried to watch in my life.

And the most ridiculous judges result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

And the most ridiculous judges result.

Rory's done anyway, said he doesn't have the drive to go out and hurt another man anymore. He should be replaced with the human blanket who should have won anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Rory's done anyway, said he doesn't have the drive to go out and hurt another man anymore. He should be replaced with the human blanket who should have won anyway.

Sounded like he was dead inside, very strange interview.

Sounded like he was dead inside, very strange interview.

Yeah it was a mad interview, here it for anyone who didn't see it.

Rory owes the fans nothing, I really hope he made enough money in bellator to stop fighting after this tournament. He has a young family etc

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1122369288013266947?s=19

Sounds like he might be done fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lads don't under any circumstances watch Rory v Fitch, possibly the worst and most boring fight iv ever tried to watch in my life.

I actually thought it was one of the best John Fitch fights I've ever seen :pac:

I was very impressed by Benson coming back so strong after spending so long defending the submissions in the first round, although I still thought that was a bad decision giving him the win.

I hate Phil Davis fights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah i think its time rory packed it in cause if he not willing to pull trigger and fella hes fighting is thats dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Robbie Lawlor broke Rory at 189. Hasn't been the same since

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »

Yup.

This is the moment Rory's desire to hurt people started to fade. When he realised that there are people like Robbie Lawler out there.

WideeyedWealthyGrayreefshark-max-1mb.gif

I think it's the fact he realises he now needs his braincells, young kid, another on the way and he seems to have found god again judging by his Instagram. He's smart enough to know at his age with two young kids he can't be doing it anymore like that.

I wish him nothing but the best if he does hang it up, I met him in Dublin before he was nothing short of a gentleman and provided one of the best fights in history.

• Advertisement

Roddy's grappling Brad Pickett up on Portlaois at Grapple Kings 4 on the 12th of October, cracking matchup can't wait for it.

As expected Rory being a born again Christian has had a big effect on his performance. I'd say he'll be done after the tournament. He's fighting Gracie on the June 12 card in MSG. Decent card with Chael v Machida, Caldwell v Horiguchi rematch & the Danis fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/30/18524445/rory-macdonald-confirms-neiman-gracie-fight-releases-lengthy-statement-i-am-not-retiring

So Fitch is out of the tournament. Kinda harsh.

So Fitch is out of the tournament. Kinda harsh.

I don't agree. I think he clearly lost 3 rounds and the judges were off their meds or something. They scored a round where he was nearly finished in his favour because he ended in top control but he managed to do exactly nothing with too control any time he had it during the fight. The single stand up was also weird, why not 90 seconds earlier, why not more often? Why only in the last 4 seconds of a round?

Bizzaro land.

Full disclosure. I didn't don't bother to watch the fight after the reviews on here.

2 out of 3 judges had Rory winning 3 out of 5. But they also scored a 10-8 for Fitch.
    The judges weren't the only ones who struggled to score it.

Out if 18 scores on MMA decisions.
    9 for Rory
    7 for Fitch
    2 draws

That's 1 round on 1 scorecard away from a complete down the middle split. Again, I haven't seen it, but numbers suggest people didn't know what they were scoring.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9989/Rory-MacDonald-vs-Jon-Fitch

There were no 10-8 rounds in that fight. The closest was Rory nearly finishing Fitch until Job zombie wrestled him to the fence.

One FC: For Honour event live on their Twitter from Jakarta right now. In a huge pride style ring instead of a cage, must be local licencing stuff or something. Looks like a fun event.

One FC: For Honour event live on their Twitter from Jakarta right now. In a huge pride style ring instead of a cage, must be local licencing stuff or something. Looks like a fun event.

The main event being a Muay Thai tittle fight could have something to do with it, cracking fight aswell. There's a tournament on also.

Ah lads what a scrap, Haggerty is an animal. Muay Thai fights in One with the smaller oz gloves are always mad to watch. Well worth the watch if anyone has a spare 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

PEDRO CARVALHO looked amazing in Birmingham.

Where did they pull that Aidan Power fella from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Anyone see the Pitbull Chandler finish? Unfortunate rather than wrong I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

what time will gallagher be on tonight, hope to be home from work for it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Isn't this supposed to be on Virgin Media Sport? Don't see it on the listings. I see "Formula E" advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Isn't this supposed to be on Virgin Media Sport? Don't see it on the listings. I see "Formula E" advertised

I've seen listings for it on Channel 5, if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

channel 5 and the last few fights on skysports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    channel 5 and the last few fights on skysports

The other way around, Sky Sports Arena from 9-10 (which includes the Gallagher fight) and then Channel 5 from 10-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Why are the rights split between two networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Really hope this tomatocan smashes Gallagher

Lol he's coming out to my lover's got no money he's got his strong beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Bellator have made a balls of this. Sky Sports coverage started with only 2 minutes left in the final round of Fabian Edwards fight. So Sky are only showing 2 fights and then it's over to BT and Channel 5. Makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Is it a case that sky sports only want to show two fights?

Gallagher is useless.
    Would be obliterated at ufc level

Advertisement