Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An exit poll tonight on that island's vote ?;)
    Can't wait for the demograhic breakdowns and how people in various parts of the island voted and if there's a 25% swing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1025/1006531-islands_vote/
    The smallest Donegal island, Inis Fraoigh, has just four people registered and voting was open there for just two hours from midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Not sure having the safety of your family threatened is small stuff tbh or having your property ( quite expensive) stolen is small stuff. As an aside you never replied to my question as to what attack you are referring to on Travellers by Casey and what experience you have of them.

I was answering your question when I said small stuff here and there. You're attitude here makes it hard to have sympathy for you by continually asking me to describe the attack.

You can take your anger for Travellers out tomorrow by voting for Casey. Good luck with that.

We'll be voting for him alright.we weren't waiting on the greenlight from yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,127 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Huge amounts of Travellers in prison. They are arrested and prosecuted.

Plenty of crimes go unresolved.

The issue is making statements about an entire community. That's the problem.

What issue?

Do you agree with me that the practice of FGM by African tribes is horrific and should be condemned? Oh, wait, you can't make a statement about an entire community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

blanch152 wrote: »
    Huge amounts of Travellers in prison. They are arrested and prosecuted.

Plenty of crimes go unresolved.

The issue is making statements about an entire community. That's the problem.

What issue?

Do you agree with me that the practice of FGM by African tribes is horrific and should be condemned? Oh, wait, you can't make a statement about an entire community.

And given not all Africans practice FGM, you can't generalise about that, either - nor, indeed, is it exclusive to that continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,738 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    What issue?

Extraordinary that you would defend him by doing the same generalising yourself.

Not quite sure you understand the problem/issue tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A lot of public figures making a point of criticising and saying not to vote for Casey on twitter this evening. Maybe they're a bit nervous in him doing better than expected, otherwise they'd be ignoring him, just like the other candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

The question was posed last nite but did Gallagher actually setup his new businesses without state help,post-tweetgate .

I find it hard to believe knowing Gallagher's history with grants

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hurrache wrote: »
    A lot of public figures making a point of criticising and saying not to vote for Casey on twitter this evening. Maybe they're a bit nervous in him doing better than expected, otherwise they'd be ignoring him, just like the other candidates.

Any names?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,212 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They are only driving people to him.

Public figures are not allowed have a political thought/leaning?
    I have seen public figures post on the 8th, Marriage ref, Brexit etc etc. Does the 'sinister' marker only apply when they don't think the same as you?

I see somebody very public calling for a vote for Freeman on my social media. Should I rush around with the censorship shovel and shut them up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I see somebody very public calling for a vote for Freeman on my social media. Should I rush around with the censorship shovel and shut them up?

Have them arrested and tried for blasphemous teachings that contradict those of PC.

So, asked my mom yesterday about the election, & she said that she & all her friends were making sure they were going to vote for Michael D, in particular because they felt the other candidates were 'ganging up' on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I know what local Councillors across the country will be dreaming of tonight.......

Public figures are not allowed have a political thought/leaning?
    I have seen public figures post on the 8th, Marriage ref, Brexit etc etc. Does the 'sinister' marker only apply when they don't think the same as you?

You really do love to get your knickers in a twist over narratives you yourself add to other people's posts don't you.

I never said anything about anything sinister, but if it makes you happy.

But if you are looking for something sinister, The Times Ireland reporting that the alt right have been mobilised to skew online polls in favour of Casey.
    https://twitter.com/ellenmcoyne/status/1055585485937106944?s=19

You really do love to get your knickers in a twist over narratives you yourself add to other people's posts don't you.

Of course you didn't. Nothing you guys say or write, including Casey, ever has a subtext or implication does it?

Of course you didn't. Nothing you guys say or write, including Casey, ever has a subtext or implication does it?

Only if you want there to be Francie, us in the Borg haven't had a chance to assimilate you yet into our way of thinking, the only way of thinking.

Only if you want there to be Francie, us in the Borg haven't had a chance to assimilate you yet into our way of thinking, the only way of thinking.

Oh I know it wasn't designed for my way of thinking Hurrache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

But if you are looking for something sinister, The Times Ireland reporting that the alt right have been mobilised to skew online polls in favour of Casey.
    https://twitter.com/ellenmcoyne/status/1055585485937106944?s=19

Casey definitely has the extremely important Incel demographic locked down, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Nice to be out on a fine brisk morning. Just cast the first of my No 1's for Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Nice to be out on a fine brisk morning. Just cast the first of my No 1's for Casey.

Have you more than one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,625 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ironic that a person hating on travellers due to their illegal actions goes ahead to boast about doing something illegal like voter fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Off to give my number one to Casey.

Now more than ever, it’s important to support those who speak the truth.

It may be the only time we have an opportunity to protest at the ballot box against the culture of ungrateful, aggressive dependence cultivated by successive governments.

I think we’ll see something astonishing today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Imagine if Casey had decided to go postive and had said instead 'Grannies are great, we should appreciate nans more!', and the AH crowd had said 'I'm voting for him now, he's telling the truth about my grandma and I like it!', while others said 'He's lying, my nan is a wagon and I hate her!' and a third group said, 'who the hell cares what his position on the status of Grannies is? The president has no power or influence on this topic'.

Voting for someone who once said something you like, even though the role they are going for has no power to change anything about that thing is extremely silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

DeadHand wrote:
    It may be the only time we have an opportunity to protest at the ballot box against the culture of ungrateful, aggressive dependence cultivated by successive governments.

We have local, national and European elections at least every 5 years.

Do you understand our political practices?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Edward M wrote: »
    Have you more than one?

Tipp people vote early and vote often....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm voting for Casey as a protest vote. He won't win. If it was a contest, I'd vote Miggledy but the only way my vote is heard is if it goes to Casey.

Lots of noise recently for Casey. I would be delighted if he got over 12.5% but I doubt he will..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I'm voting for Casey as a protest vote. He won't win. If it was a contest, I'd vote Miggledy but the only way my vote is heard is if it goes to Casey.

Lots of noise recently for Casey. I would be delighted if he got over 12.5% but I doubt he will..
    I think he will probably now get over 12.5 there is a reason why he is clear second favourite with the bookies.
    It is a contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

DeadHand wrote:
    Off to give my number one to Casey.

Not true. But stick with it.

Next you can tell us how there was a queue of people at 1 station, all wearing Casey badges, you spoke to 2 old ladies at another who said they'd voted Labour all their life but have had enough of travellers coming in to our country and taking all the jobs so this time are voting for Casey. At the next one you voted at, you were able to overhear someone filling in their ballot paper were able to make out the numbers they were writing on by the sound of their pen and going by the order on the paper you are sure Casey got #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anecdotally loads of ppl from diff backgrounds have told me they are giving Casey their number 1.

My prediction is he will be at least second in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anecdotally loads of ppl from diff backgrounds have told me they are giving Casey their number 1.

My prediction is he will be at least second in the race.
    Anecdotally, nobody I know from any background has said they're giving Casey their number one, except in jest.

The only people I see claiming they will are randomers online.

Advertisement