Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Healy breaks the 100m record!

• 06-06-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight in Santry with a perfect +2.0 wind! 11.28, so a decent chunk off the record, and after her recent windy runs in Waterford you knew this was coming.

Big question: how long will it last? Not long, methinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Tonight in Santry with a perfect +2.0 wind! 11.28, so a decent chunk off the record, and after her recent windy runs in Waterford you knew this was coming.

Big question: how long will it last? Not long, methinks.

Gone under the radar but she also PB'ed in the 400 with a 52.63 on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Someone on Twitter posted that so far this year she has run Olympic standards in 100m, 200m and 400m. Quality athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Gone under the radar but she also PB'ed in the 400 with a 52.63 on the night

Outdoor PB. She has of course gone considerably quicker indoors. I suspect we'll see a sub 52 as the season hits the business end.

It will be a difficult choice regarding what events to run in Berlin. 400 probably the priority, but could double up and run the 200 after assuming the timetable allows. She'll be in the 4x100 and 4x400 too.

EDIT: 200 and 400 finals are the same night, so there will be no double. 4x400 final is the same night too which is crazy scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

she look about a stone lighter, has she only recently gone full time or has it been a few years?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    she look about a stone lighter, has she only recently gone full time or has it been a few years?

She was studying in Cork, and was being distance-coached by Shane McCormack, which just doesn't really work. She quit the nursing, moved to Waterford after last season, and is studying something else now (IT I think) in Waterford, and is there with her coach and training group all the time. You can see the benefits pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

She could possibly double in the 100 and the 400. Be interesting to see what way she approaches it. The 4x400 team will likely be without Phil Healy if she makes the 400 final, completely eliminating their chances of doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RTE news last night led the sports section with "the women's 100m record has been broken" and I thought "no way, I thought FloJo's record would stand until the end of time!" - only in the report did they clarify it was the Irish record.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

loyatemu wrote: »
    RTE news last night led the sports section with "the women's 100m record has been broken" and I thought "no way, I thought FloJo's record would stand until the end of time!" - only in the report did they clarify it was the Irish record.

I am shocked that RTE covered it all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

I am shocked that RTE covered it all!!!

Greg Allen has had a positive impact as of late as in terms of interest in athletics beyond major championships to be fair

Thankfully the timing system worked for her race. Dublin Gradeds don’t exactly have a great record at guaranteeing 100% of its races receiving times.

It’s about as unlikely a setting for an Irish record as you can find. It bodes well for when she races internationally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Thankfully the timing system worked for her race. Dublin Gradeds don’t exactly have a great record at guaranteeing 100% of its races receiving times.

It’s about as unlikely a setting for an Irish record as you can find. It bodes well for when she races internationally.

I'm actually delighted for the folks that organise the Graded meetings. I havent done them for a while but when I did it was largely the same faces I was seeing week in week out taking the bookings, handing out numbers, starting races and stewarding. Lots of athletes benefit from this, at every level; and to be able to compete on a track on a night like wednesday, its one of the best things you can do in athletics.

Advertisement