Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Just been reading a TV3 report on the event, It is astounding the obvious bias..
    Corrie stole the show with a mix of high street and couture
    TV3 Weather girl Anna Daly matched her fair complexion with a full-length powder pink dress from soap star favourite boutique Lara
    Having walked away from the British Soap Awards empty handed, the cast and crew of Emmerdale were delighted with the great response from Irish viewers

The only time they got a mention was to announce Tony winning his award!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

angel01 wrote: »
    Just been reading a TV3 report on the event, It is astounding the obvious bias..

The only time they got a mention was to announce Tony winning his award!!

It's beyond ridiculous and insulting if you ask me. I thought the best male soap star award was supposed to be a huge thing. If anybody else had of won it they'd be interviewed left, right and centre. I think I shall be boycotting the awards tonight in favour of going to Leo Burdocks. I'll take my time as I want to get home and watch "Lost" @ 9 :D

Gibson101 wrote: »
    It's beyond ridiculous and insulting if you ask me. I thought the best male soap star award was supposed to be a huge thing. If anybody else had of won it they'd be interviewed left, right and centre. I think I shall be boycotting the awards tonight in favour of going to Leo Burdocks. I'll take my time as I want to get home and watch "Lost" @ 9 :D

No offence to Tony but I won't be tuning in, they couldn't give two stuffs about fair city and they treat the show with such contempt :mad: I shall be boycotting the awards show.

Enjoy Lost :D

No offence to Tony but I won't be tuning in, they couldn't give two stuffs about fair city and they treat the show with such contempt :mad: I shall be boycotting the awards show.

Enjoy Lost :D

it wouldn't surprise if they even overlook the best male category :rolleyes:

I will try my best thank angel1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Agree 1000%!!!........A Complete farce!
    I think he should hand it back as it's obviously a consolation prize for Fair City and a complete insult to the whole show, all that work on it and all of us that watch it. They should boycott the awards in future. How a show that tops the ratings in a country can only come away with one award has almost left me speechless:confused:

• Advertisement

Agree 1000%!!!........A Complete farce!
    ...A show that TOPS the ratings in a country can only come away with one award has almost left me speechless:confused:

You hit the nail right on the head there. it really baffles me a lot and I'm sure the actors on the show they are all probably scratching their heads thinking what should they do next.

Keep doing what your doing guys, you are all doing a wonderful job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

You hit the nail right on the head there. it really baffles me a lot and I'm sure the actors on the show they are all probably scratching their heads thinking what should they do next.

Keep doing what your doing guys, you are all doing a wonderful job

Well said!!! and over 400,000 of us can't be wrong!!:D

Well said!!! and over 400,000 of us can't be wrong!!:D

:D:D

The inevitable return of Duncan Stonehouse. Looking forward to it. There is something swarmy and prickly about him but he's extremely entertaining. Wonder what he's going to do next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

:D:D

The inevitable return of Duncan Stonehouse. Looking forward to it. There is something swarmy and prickly about him but he's extremely entertaining. Wonder what he's going to do next?

Duncan needs a woman. He hasn't had any since Catriona left; not too much around Carrigstown for him though.

Given Barrys financial troubles; I'd love to see Duncan take over the paper; bossing Barry & Sarah around for a change. He could sit in his chair like this :P

78517623.jpg

Epicurus wrote: »
    Duncan needs a woman. He hasn't had any since Catriona left; not too much around Carrigstown for him though.

Given Barrys financial troubles; I'd love to see Duncan take over the paper; bossing Barry & Sarah around for a change. He could sit in his chair like this :P

78517623.jpg

Lol priceless duncan moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I emailed Ireland Am too and got this response:

I still haven't heard anything back - you must be a well known industry insider!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Thought last night's episode was absolutely brilliant, brought a tear to my eye.
    Good comedy and drama in equal amounts. Yvonne was amazing, as was Bella,
    loving Cas, he's a fantastic addition. Can't get used to the new Mark though and
    as beautiful as Neasa is, I'm not impressed with her acting. She smiles through
    every sentence but maybe she just needs time. :)

deelite wrote: »
    I still haven't heard anything back - you must be a well known industry insider!!!!:D

of course ;) what email address did you use?

Thought last night's episode was absolutely brilliant, brought a tear to my eye.
    Good comedy and drama in equal amounts. Yvonne was amazing, as was Bella,
    loving Cas, he's a fantastic addition. Can't get used to the new Mark though and
    as beautiful as Neasa is, I'm not impressed with her acting. She smiles through
    every sentence but maybe she just needs time. :)

I preferred the old mark..:(

I preferred the old mark..:(

Neasa just needs to keep looking good. Like I said before, I am WILLING to give her a year or so, before I pass judgement.

That picture of Duncan up there makes me laugh every time I see it but Zumo was cut out of the picture :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

of course ;) what email address did you use?

irelandam@tv3.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

That picture of Duncan up there makes me laugh every time I see it but Zumo was cut out of the picture :eek::(

I wanted to concentrate more in Duncan...

but just to appease you :D

00033b5e-545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I enjoyed last night's episode. I thought Tony Tormey justified his acting award, and I felt sorry for Yvonne.

Bela's speech was harsh, and it boiled down to one thing: "I care about Ruth more than I do about you." He may have thought he was doing the right thing, but it was an astonishingly cruel response to a daughter who told him how abandoned she felt as a child. I love the way the whole baby story revealed new facets of the characters, particularly the Doyle family.

And next week's stories revolve around Tracey, Duncan and Wayne. I'm looking forward to that.

Rogercar, I think that's a great idea about Yvonne and Richard. It interesting that she's barely gone, and we're already talking about her comeback.
    Well she is a lovely actress and has played her part brilliantly. I just hope that she returns. Ciara, have a lovely summer and please come back to Fair City when you are ready. Thanks for all the drama!!!:)

deelite wrote: »

Oh thats the email address I used :p
    Epicurus wrote: »
    I wanted to concentrate more in Duncan...

but just to appease you :D

00033b5e-545.jpg

It's an hilarious picture, I wish they would live together again, it was very funny to watch :D

• Advertisement

deelite, just seen I had a response from the producer of the show lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I just had a lightbulb moment. Either something has gone wrong in my brain, or this would be the greatest couple in the soap.

Neasa.... And Duncan!

They're both scammers. They're both single. They're the same age. The fact that she's somewhat out of his league would only make it funnier. Just think of Wayne's reaction when he sees them walk into McCoys together.

Then there's a good serious story in the bank when Duncan finds out about the one-night stand with Damien. He could easily blackmail Damien. He would certainly be clumsy enough to let it slip to Suzanne.

What do you think?

There's another young woman coming to the show, and she's the real-life girlfriend of Yare Jegbefume (Felix). Short snippet here:

http://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/index.php

And here's her showreel:

http://vimeo.com/6992484

She is also pretty easy on the eye:

507_4b5e065574791.jpg

I just had a lightbulb moment. Either something has gone wrong in my brain, or this would be the greatest couple in the soap.

Neasa.... And Duncan!

They're both scammers. They're both single. They're the same age. The fact that she's somewhat out of his league would only make it funnier. Just think of Wayne's reaction when he sees them walk into McCoys together.

Then there's a good serious story in the bank when Duncan finds out about the one-night stand with Damien. He could easily blackmail Damien. He would certainly be clumsy enough to let it slip to Suzanne.

What do you think?

haha, I love it. What a pairing they would make. I love it :D:D

There's another young woman coming to the show, and she's the real-life girlfriend of Yare Jegbefume (Felix). Short snippet here:

And here's her showreel:

507_4b5e065574791.jpg

A new family sounds good! Hate to say it but I read Yare's twitter, he comes across as a right tool :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

She looks gorgeous. Hope she is a better actor than Felix!

Loved Sundays episode, thought everyone was fantastic but for me Niamh stole the show.

Really sorry to see Yvonne leave, and it looks like Tracey is leaving too. All the strong female characters are leaving:( hope they bring back the above along with Heather, Orla, Kylie and Geraldine (she's been gone ages- but without the kid).

Was thinking that Yvonne and Dean would have made a good match, they're both control freaks......dont like him and Tracey together at all.

dopes wrote: »
    Really sorry to see Yvonne leave, and it looks like Tracey is leaving too. All the strong female characters are leaving:( hope they bring back the above along with Heather, Orla, Kylie and Geraldine (she's been gone ages- but without the kid).

That's a good point about the strong female characters. The fact that Carol has gone a bit soft probably adds to the problem. I think we've been seeing hints of trouble in that relationship, and I wouldn't be surprised if it blows apart in the near future.

But Yvonne and Tracey are big losses. There aren't many angry women left, and angry women are the best fun.

Where was it that Geraldine went?

Heather will not be back any time soon, Orla is on maternity leave, Tracey to leave soon :( really hope Una comes back soon. Hope Seamus comes back soon, very much missed :(:(

I liked Robin but I fear that ship has well and truly sailed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

And here's her showreel:

507_4b5e065574791.jpg

She's alright looking, I suppose... She looks a tad too D4 for my liking... Give me Neasa any day, though...

• Advertisement

She's alright looking, I suppose... She looks a tad too D4 for my liking... Give me Neasa any day, though...

I think she'll probably come in as Neasa's girlfriend. The show has a terrible lesbian deficit at the moment, and I think that should be rectified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement