Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethiopian Airlines Crash/ B737MAX grounding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

ET302, a four-month old Boeing 737-8 MAX, reg ET-AVJ.

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/ET-AVJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Flight radar last has it climbing at 8600ft, flight only lasted 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

tnegun wrote: »

Another Max. Surely not another lion air scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Here's the FR link https://fr24.com/2019-03-10/05:41/12x/ETH302/1fc0cdb5 very sad for all involved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

tnegun wrote: »

ADD is at just over 7,600ft, so it barely climbed at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Two nearly new 737 max crashed in the past few months something not right with these planes.

My thoughts are with the poor people on board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Terrible news for the passengers families. Cannot imagine what they are going through now.

Looking at the flight radar, it looks as though another plane was flying in the opposite direction over it at the time it disappeared. It hardly crashed trying to avoid another plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Terrible news for the passengers families. Cannot imagine what they are going through now.

Looking at the flight radar, it looks as though another plane was flying in the opposite direction over it at the time it disappeared. It hardly crashed trying to avoid another plane?

I was thinking that ....

Plane was put into service in October which makes this worrying .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Two nearly new 737 max crashed in the past few months something not right with these planes.

My thoughts are with the poor people on board

So you already know what caused this crash? Fair play...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

From avherald
    The last transponder data were received from position N9.027 E39.153 about 21nm east of Addis Ababa at FL086. Terrain elevation at that point is 8130 feet MSL, FL086 corrected for QNH indicates the aircraft was flying at 8173 feet MSL at that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just announced on sky news there's no survivors according to the state broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So you already know what caused this crash? Fair play...

2 crashes with new planes in the past few months from the same family.

Its worrying I don't have a clue what happened but irs something that need to be looked at just like the 787 engine issues.

Again my thoughts are with the family's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

RIP :(.
    My partner was on ET302 a few months ago. It was the connection on to Nairobi for ET505 LAX-ADD when it had a stop in DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

This is the second one lost in the last few months. This plane was only registered in November.

Boeing may need to be issuing more than safety warnings for the 737 Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Eerily similar to Lion Air crash. Could see a grounding of the MAX fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd say a lot of blood just ran cold in the greater Seattle area.

If this is another Lion Air, i.e. an ultra-modern Aircraft's computer intervening in response to erroneous speed and attitude readings from its own systems and compensating with fatal flight control inputs, then its most serious and fundamental flight safety issue since the Airbus joystick input can of worms (AF447 etc)

May the victims today rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Very sad news. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Larbre34 wrote: »

If this is another Lion Air, i.e. an ultra-modern Aircraft's computer intervening in response to erroneous speed and attitude readings from its own systems and compensating with fatal flight control inputs, then its most serious and fundamental flight safety issue since the Airbus joystick input can of worms (AF447 etc)

Agree totally - as a sideline re your comment on AF447- the aircraft was fully serviceable.

A truer word re blood running cold in seattle this morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

How many 737Max are in service now?
    IF this was found or early evidence points to this being the same as Lion Air are we likely to see the plane grounded?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Larbre34 wrote: »

Might be something a lot simpler than that...

"last transponder data were received from position N9.027 E39.153 about 21nm east of Addis Ababa at FL086. Terrain elevation at that point is 8130 feet MSL, FL086 reported by the Mode-S Altimeter (which always measures to standard pressure 1013 QNH) corrected for QNH indicates the aircraft was flying at 9027 feet MSL at that position."

RIP to all involved...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,734 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

lfc200 wrote: »
    How many 737Max are in service now?
    IF this was found or early evidence points to this being the same as Lion Air are we likely to see the plane grounded?

330 according to this.

http://www.b737.org.uk/sales.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

"In a press conference the Ethiopian Airlines CEO stated that the pilot of #ET302 reported difficulties with the aircraft to ATC. He was given clearance to return to the airport."

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Is this the same plane Ryanair have 200 of starting delivery in spring? Or is it a different variation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭VG31

Is this the same plane Ryanair have 200 of starting delivery in spring? Or is it a different variation

It's pretty much the same (737 MAX 200), just a higher density version with additional emergency exits because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

duskyjoe wrote: »
    Agree totally - as a sideline re your comment on AF447- the aircraft was fully serviceable.

A truer word re blood running cold in seattle this morn.

can i ask why Seattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Blanco100 wrote: »
    can i ask why Seattle?

Home of boeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭john boye

Negative_G wrote: »
    Home of boeing.

Chicago these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Company HQ is Chicago, aircraft are built in Seattle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pummice

Irish passport holder on board. My thoughts go out to all involved.

Advertisement