Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Last time I saw him live he was ripping us a new one in a play off, special player. Come on Christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

BBC have stopped their soccer coverage, think RTE should do the same.

Edit. RTE stopped their coverage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Absolutely vile that they showed his wife in distress watching her husband potentially dying.

UEFA are going to have to enforce some sort of broadcasting standards in such an event.

They should have cut to the studio straight away when it was obvious that this is a serious incident. Those images will forever haunt his family as they will be shared so widely and used by the media to sell newspapers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

UEFA are going to have to enforce some sort of broadcasting standards in such an event.

They should have cut to the studio straight away when it was obvious that this is a serious incident. Those images will forever haunt his family as they will be shared so widely and used by the media to sell newspapers, etc.

Absolutely, and the tears of his colleagues, absolutely disgraceful to be filming that. They deserved privacy and respect. Pan out to the bloody crowd or something, not those closest to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Media Photographers seem to be able to attend and work at funerals in Ireland (and the UK)...just sayin.

• Advertisement

Maybe it is up to each channel covering the game.

BBC cut to the studio before RTE did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭gipi

Media Photographers seem to be able to attend and work at funerals in Ireland (and the UK)...just sayin.

Covering a funeral isn't quite the same as broadcasting someone dying (or potentially dying)

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Absolutely, and the tears of his colleagues, absolutely disgraceful to be filming that. They deserved privacy and respect. Pan out to the bloody crowd or something, not those closest to him

They did.

They did.

They clearly showed players crying and upset, as well as his wife and the crowd. They didn't need to show his wife or the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A funeral is a lot different than something like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Hopefully this will be another Fabrice Muamba situation. If nothing else the very best of care would have been immediately on hand to give him a fighting chance.

I don’t think anyone should attend funerals but mourners and undertakers

There’s a pic going around of the aftermath. He looks consious so this looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The first thing I saw when I switched on was the defibrillator being used on Eriksen. What is wrong with RTE showing this. Then back in studio with Jackie trying to get the lads talking about it. The production staff should have taken an immediate break while deciding what to do. Completely amateur with a bit of voyeurism thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

E3srImAWEAQCb9V?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jaysus lads that was terrible to watch. Hopefully he recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I would assume (hopefully) that the family's permission would be needed before they could do that.

Also at a funeral we don't have people, particularly young children, potentially watching what might be a person's final death throes.

Great picture to see!

Apparently he's 500m from the best hospital in Denmark

I would assume (hopefully) that the family's permission would be needed before they could do that.

Also at a funeral we don't have people, particularly young children, potentially watching what might be a person's final death throes.

I doubt Roy Keane gave that permission when his father passed. Maybe a permission is needed but I doubt it. It’s a public thoroughfare would be the media’s opinion.

Fair fcuking play to the medics. The entire crowd's eyes on them, cameras watching, and they got him back. Incredible work from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

UsBus wrote: »
    The first thing I saw when I switched on was the defibrillator being used on Eriksen. What is wrong with RTE showing this. Then back in studio with Jackie trying to get the lads talking about it. The production staff should have taken an immediate break while deciding what to do. Completely amateur with a bit of voyeurism thrown in.

I think we have to allow for the completely unprecedented and sudden quality of it all. Should they have immediately cut the feed - yes, but everyone was in shock and unsure what to say or do, I'm sure that was also the case with production staff. I'm not going to get on my high horse too much about it. At the end of the day, we all kept watching too.

Hope the picture are genuine you never know these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Deplorable stuff from broadcasters to show that live. No need. Even showed his wife in tears watching her husband receive CPR. Then RTE reverted to their misery fetish tying to drag a response from Eriksens fellow pro's in the studio. How quick would they cut away from a streaker ffs.

Hope the picture are genuine you never know these days

Bein have tweeted he’s stable. He may owe his life to the medical staff.

He's stabilised. Jesus I'm hungover and emotional as is this had me in tears, the poor guy and his team and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That must have been absolutely terrifying for all invovled. Fair play to the first responders.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Absolute heroes those medics

Incredible, just incredible! The first responders deserve to be paraded at the Wembley final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Absolute heroes those medics

Absolutely,they are well trained for these situations,but to see it happen in real life must have put the heart crossways on them….the reality in these situations is the defib will either bring you back or it won’t….fortunately for Eriksen and his team and family,his situation was retrievable

Advertisement