Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monitored Alarm with HA for House Insurance

• 31-05-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a 20 year old Aritech alarm system in the house with wired door sensors and wired PIRs, its functioning although we seldom use it.

Until recently i've been able to get House Insurance without having a monitored alarm, however the contents limit is getting quite low and fewer companies are willing to insure you without something thats monitored it seems.

My preference would be to go for something like an Abode or connected system, i really dont want to revert to something like Phonewatch, albeit, perhaps they have moved on.

I was wondering what constitutes monitoring and if anyone has any advice on what i should do?
    Preference is to have a connected soln that also connects to other home automation systems (nest, hue, Alexa etc) so that i can build my own routines, e.g. alarm goes off, all Hue lights flash red.......

P.S., i dont have a fixed phone line, but i do have a 1Gb Fibre connection.
    Thanks in advance......!

Comments

Advertisement