Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Greatest - Most Overrated Song [Nominations close 19th July]

• 31-05-2021 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭

aspxLEr.jpg

Welcome to Boardsies Greatest - Most Overrated Song

We all know those songs, they show up in every tournament, every walrus and we wonder why they are so loved. Those famous songs that are popular for being popular. Now it is time to find which song is the most overrated of all time, welcome folks to another edition of Boardsies Greatest.

So just to explain more of what we are looking for here, songs which you might hate but most people like, songs which you think are decent at best but are highly praised and you wonder why. Of course, you can make your own decision on what is overrated.

Please PM me up to 10 songs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

When would you like these by, Kolido?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ficheall wrote: »
    When would you like these by, Kolido?

No rush with this one Ficheall, I will give good notice before closing nominations, likely a week at least. There are a few tournaments ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I decided to send in nominations this time - I don't always!

It will be interesting to see what interpretation people will take on this topic! For example, overrated does not have to be the same as worst! Also, you could quite like a song but still feel it is overrated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,802 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My overrated someone else's underrated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My overrated someone else's underrated

Youre overrated :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I decided to send in nominations this time - I don't always!

It will be interesting to see what interpretation people will take on this topic! For example, overrated does not have to be the same as worst! Also, you could quite like a song but still feel it is overrated! :D

Yep.
    I feel conflicted rooting for a song that I won't like :pac:

This was a theme I had in mind if I ever in a million years had to choose a theme for the weekly walrus

Stats so far

PMs | 12
    Unique song | 94
    Most noms for a single song| 4
    Most songs nominated by the same act| 5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

10 Pink songs sent to you Kol :pac:

edit: and another 10 Bon Jovi songs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I have two picked gotta sit down and come up with another 8 :D

ShaneU wrote: »
    10 Pink songs sent to you Kol :pac:

edit: and another 10 Bon Jovi songs :D

You can keep them for the boardsies greatest Bon Jovi song :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 noms for a single act? Can only be the Beatles :pac:

I had 4 noms on one act, and 3 on another...

I'm sure a few of you around here can guese who those two acts are... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Necro wrote: »
    5 noms for a single act? Can only be the Beatles :pac:

Imagine!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I had 4 noms on one act, and 3 on another...

I'm sure a few of you around here can guese who those two acts are... :pac:

I know both and I will be voting for the other song every time :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ari101 wrote: »
    I have two picked gotta sit down and come up with another 8 :D

Same, there were two that immediately came to mind. The rest will need a bit more careful consideration. Or I could just nominate those two five times each, which would not be undeserved imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I can already tell this is going to mayhem and will end in the first ever boardsies civil war, should be fun

I hope people are taking time to consider what they believe is overrated and not taking the easy way out and nominating songs they simply hate! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I hope people are taking time to consider what they believe is overrated and not taking the easy way out and nominating songs they simply hate! :D

I actually took the time to nominate songs I genuinely think are over-rated piles of garbage...

Also specifically went for the better known songs to cause maximum outrage when they're posted. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Necro wrote: »
    I actually took the time to nominate songs I genuinely think are over-rated piles of garbage...

Also specifically went for the better known songs to cause maximum outrage when they're posted. :D:D

Yeah I've picked some things I think are overrated and I'm pretty sure the masses wont agree :D

Yeah I've picked some things I think are overrated and I'm pretty sure the masses wont agree :D

;)

AcidicThisGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If the masses don't agree then that's the very definition of overrated. So, good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I actually like some of the songs I picked but I also consider them to be highly overrated

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well the two songs I have in mind everybody else seems to love them, but I think they're some of the greatest piles of sh*te ever committed to whatever recording medium you choose, so I guess that covers both angles. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Kol, you should do overrated movies after this (you probably already thought of that).

Disliking or hating something that others continue to heap praise upon are the songs that I find to be the most overrated.

If I like something then I'll only ever consider it slightly overrated, and it's not in the same league as the ones I really can't stand.

Sawduck wrote: »
    I actually like some of the songs I picked but I also consider them to be highly overrated

That's the kind of angle I find particularly interesting.

Some of my noms have featured in best of tournies :o

• Advertisement

Stats so far

PMs | 17
    Unique song | 138
    Most noms for a single song| 4
    Most songs nominated by the same act| 11

Advertisement