Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

• 14-04-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Thanks for sharing this. On opening the page, I saw the following on the scroll bar on the RH side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_t7a0gXRQ

On 1m23, there is a TU 134 belonging to Aeroflot taking off. Did Aeroflot fly regularly then between Dublin & ( I guess ) Moscow?

I think some people on hear have said it used to be regular alright. I would not no be sure but I am sure there was some talk about on here a while back. Someone on here who knows more about it might give you a better answer.

Mod note: There is to be no discussion of potential services to Las Vegas unless and until an official press release exists

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by Tenger on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not feasible to have the fleet in it given the players featured change, their respray bill would be astronomical.

The players are decals. Be some job painting them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Thanks for sharing this. On opening the page, I saw the following on the scroll bar on the RH side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_t7a0gXRQ

On 1m23, there is a TU 134 belonging to Aeroflot taking off. Did Aeroflot fly regularly then between Dublin & ( I guess ) Moscow?

Yes, weekly on Saturdays.

5151443998_13aedea045_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭eam77

Anyone know why ei-lrc is in Boston for over 24 hours now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

She is coming home

Wouldn't surprise me if they flew in, night stopped and flew out again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

eam77 wrote: »
    Anyone know why ei-lrc is in Boston for over 24 hours now?

Its not daily at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Yes, weekly on Saturdays.

Sorry for the off topic but I saw this and had to add that I flew on this with my mum to Moscow. I was only 9 and didn't give a hoot but she was convinced the aircraft was going to come apart. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

Anyone know what will happen to -EIN and -EIK ? Possible -EIN kept in storage? -EIK is still in the Qatar reg so maybe they havent signed it over yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Anyone know what will happen to -EIN and -EIK ? Possible -EIN kept in storage? -EIK is still in the Qatar reg so maybe they havent signed it over yet.

I'm guessing the lease for A7-AEH/EI-EIK will be politely declined (if it hasn't already) As ylu pointed out it has A7 decals currently in place.
    It's parked nicely in front of the new ATC Tower. Visible in the pic of the recent beam of light.

EIN will depend on whether it was a lease or a wholly IAG purchase. The latter might indicate entry into service in 2-4 months?
    Willie Walsh did hint at EI retiring "a couple of A330s". But again, that's just my opinionbased on consolidating down to most cost effective and capable aircraft.

EIN was accepted from Airbus and is in Brussels for cabin fit out, its on the EI register.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Are the PPE flights finished, I was under the impression they would be continuing through April and may. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Are the PPE flights finished, I was under the impression they would be continuing through April and may. Thanks.

Back next week

Nibs05 wrote: »

They are waiting on production to catch up. There however is two Hainan 787’s in this week and other supplies from Europe. The Aer Lingus China run is no longer the only show in town.

2 flights planned for Saturday.
    When first announced it was stated 50-60 flights in total. Each batch of supplies to be approx 600 tons.
    So probably a other 2-3 weeks of flights then another pause. Not sure how many 'batches' of supplies are planned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They are waiting on production to catch up. There however is two Hainan 787’s in this week and other supplies from Europe. The Aer Lingus China run is no longer the only show in town.

There's been two Qatar Cargo 777s into SNN over the last two weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Watching building Ireland on Rte ( Dublin airport) earlier. And there was a photo of an airport ‘buggy’ with passengers on it. Brought back memories of a school trip. And we all taken out on a similar buggy to the edge of the runway to watch pilots making aborted landings, taking (probably Viscounts?) down to within a few feet of landing and then overflying the runway,

Great memories, wouldn’t happen now of course. I can still remember the noise and how uncomfortable the trailer was. Tryin to remember when, early 60’s I think.

EI9018 and EI9020 scheduled for Saturday to PEK

FNH is off as the 9018 today to PEK

9018 and 9020 also scheduled for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

‘’Dubai giant to take over Aer Lingus catering
    Options for staff include secondment, redeployment or voluntary severance‘’

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/business/irish/dubai-giant-to-take-over-aer-lingus-catering-39155731.html

I’m going to guess the redeployment elsewhere in the airline. option isn’t too attractive in the current situation.
    Having read the article the voluntary redundancy looks attractive at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The redundancy package appears attractive for those with tenure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Elaine762

Tenger wrote: »
    I’m going to guess the redeployment elsewhere in the airline. option isn’t too attractive in the current situation.
    Having read the article the voluntary redundancy looks attractive at the moment.

That redundancy program was planned before covid19 impacted the airline industry. I am not sure they would be able to offer it to cabin crew and pilots with the impact they are having. They will probably just cut jobs from the bottom, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just seen on the news wire Aer Lingus seeking 900 job cuts.

Can't find further info yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

smurfjed wrote: »
    The redundancy package appears attractive for those with tenure

Aye it would want to be a very decent redundancy though for pilots no? If not near retirement, it is unlikely they would find a new job in a hurry in the current environment. You'd want the equivalent of at least 2 years net wages to see you through this downturn in air travel no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Was surprised to see the usual 3 flights Dublin to Heathrow depart yesterday in non-essential travel. Just curious for 3 flights. Could understand maybe one for essential travel whoever that may be in this time.

900 is a lot of employees.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Heathrow flights are freight and mail, among other things, very few if any passengers on them

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Kutebride wrote: »
    Was surprised to see the usual 3 flights Dublin to Heathrow depart yesterday in non-essential travel. Just curious for 3 flights. Could understand maybe one for essential travel whoever that may be in this time.

900 is a lot of employees.

I already answered that in the Flightradar24 thread.

Aer Lingus carry a large amount of freight in the belly of their aircraft. They don’t just carry passengers like the low-cost airlines such as Ryanair and EasyJet.

People are forgetting that goods (including medical supplies) have to come into and out of the country.

Heathrow has a global cargo hub that uses regular scheduled passenger services to distribute goods and that is what would be the principal reason for the Aer Lingus flights.

There are virtually no passengers on any of the flights - only people repatriating home or essential travellers.

We need to get this into perspective.

Right now Aer Lingus are playing their part, small as it is, in helping to keep distribution channels into and out of Ireland open.

So much freight that a A330 is used to LHR sometimes

The A321NEO isn't great on volume but over a short range it can carry a fair bit of weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Hey, this may be the wrong place for this but I think some posters on here may have the knowledge to answer this.

2 of my friends from the states have booked to fly from SFO to Dublin with Aer Lingus on the 27th of june for a holiday, they will be staying for 2 weeks and traveling all around the country.
    Flights were booked before restrictions came in to place.
    Now with the new guidelines of easing of restrictions it is clear there will be no hotels for them to stay in while here.

Where do you think this will leave them with regards to a refund? The flights are still listed as going ahead but they can't go 2 weeks with no accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Aye it would want to be a very decent redundancy though for pilots no? If not near retirement, it is unlikely they would find a new job in a hurry in the current environment. You'd want the equivalent of at least 2 years net wages to see you through this downturn in air travel no?
    The redundancy package that we were discussing related to CATERING, it has no bearing on any future packages that EI may offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭sherology

Hey, this may be the wrong place for this but I think some posters on here may have the knowledge to answer this.

2 of my friends from the states have booked to fly from SFO to Dublin with Aer Lingus on the 27th of june for a holiday, they will be staying for 2 weeks and traveling all around the country.
    Flights were booked before restrictions came in to place.
    Now with the new guidelines of easing of restrictions it is clear there will be no hotels for them to stay in while here.

Where do you think this will leave them with regards to a refund? The flights are still listed as going ahead but they can't go 2 weeks with no accommodation.

It's unlikely their flights will actually go... SFO isn't currently operating and I can't see any reason for it to restart until autumn. Routes (JFK,BOS,ORD) that are flying are pretty much cargo with a few repatriation passengers.

Expect more information towards the end of May as EI figure out what their doing and not doing, and they'll be able to rebook, get a voucher, or eventually a refund (I would assume). Just keep an eye on it but your friends should assume they're not coming over (mentally) and as June approaches, watch for the ability to request a free change or a voucher etc.

Advertisement