Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Really hope it's not just a daft skin with the same cut n' paste animations for every other cup tournam.... oh who am I kidding it's gonna be just that, isn't it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

New Icons

https://i.redd.it/yngo31xeb3e11.png

Gerrard
    Lampard
    Rivaldo
    Cryuff
    Eusebio

Actually, here's the full list

Cruyff

Eusebio

Baggio

Rivaldo

Raul

Cannavaro

Seedorf

Gerrard

Lampard

Makelele

New OTW Card designs

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1025756445176782848

They've also announced you'll be able to pre-set formations before matches, and switch ingame with the d-pad. No more pausing the second a game starts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ must resist...must resist :D

• Advertisement

ANd new formations

https://imgur.com/a/RXpxbIH#w9aKwdf

4-2-4 looks right up my alley :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

a change to divisions this year as well

https://www.futhead.com/news/fifa-19/1913/fut-19-new-online-seasons-division-rivals/

no more dkt for weekend league either. when you the new divisions you collect tokens which can be used to opt in for the weekend league

Seems like there'll be new "rules" you can mess around with for basic matches. These include changing the game from a set time limit to a first to X amount of goals option, giving you two goals for a long range goal, and most importantly a no rules option which disables fouls, cards and the offside rule

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Closed Beta codes are out in emails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Anyone seen any good deals on pre-orders?

Best I have seen is €49 on cd-keys for the xbox one standard edition, but was wondering what the best price is for physical copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

£49.95 inc delivery from thegamecollection

If you can collect from store and pre order it you can get it for €55 from Smyths

Liamalone wrote: »
    Closed Beta codes are out in emails :)

I have only got to this tonight, had a couple of games, seems the same but has differences that on the back of two games, I like. Will report back after further examination.

Double post

Embargo

Tis now 05:46,, still liking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Will be the first FIFA in 12/13 years that I won't be purchasing.

FIFA 18 is one of the worst football games ever created, and the franchise has been on a downward spiral of dropping quality for years.

Mokuba wrote: »

FIFA 18 is one of the worst football games ever created, and the franchise has been on a downward spiral of dropping quality for years.

The only reason I’ll be buying it is the new additions to kick off mode, which will be great craic for pre drinking but thats about it

Won’t be going near FUT, the game is barely changing year on year and its getting stale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

Mokuba wrote: »

Same. FIFA 19 will be FIFA 18 with a bit of Champions League sellotaped over it. Oh and some shoehorned "Battle Royal" games modes, which admittedly could be a little bit of fun. Not feeling its worth it this year. Played much more PES last year, and am getting it again this year, gameplay isn't necessarily better, but I'm enjoying that it's different to FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

PES on pitch stuff is great but it lacks the depth of game modes and as bad as you might think FUT is ,MyClub is 10x worse.

PES gameplay with FIFA modes and licences would be the perfect football game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,960 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

FIFA 19 to have Kim Hunter along with Alex Hunter in The Journey mode leading her to the Woman's World Cup

PES on pitch stuff is great but it lacks the depth of game modes and as bad as you might think FUT is ,MyClub is 10x worse.

PES gameplay with FIFA modes and licences would be the perfect football game.

I always find I'll buy PES first, play it for 4 weeks in a row, then when FIFA comes out, I get that, and then I rarely ever touch PES again.

I rely on the community to share the Option Files but it ends up being close to the winter transfer window before a decent OF is released and by then the novelty of it wears and I'm already stuck on FIFA for the remainder of the season. I love PES, I love its gameplay much more than FIFA, but there's something about FIFA that suits me better. It's that kind of football game where I'll say "right I'll have a quick game of FIFA before I go to work" and it's very "to the point" and the licenses/atmosphere only adds to it.

There's something very addictive about FIFA that I just can't pin. I don't have it with PES. I find PES to be more of a game I'll spend ages trying to tweak everything in Edit Mode before I'll actually become satisfied and play Master League. With FIFA, it's all there. The only difference I can think of is I'd play PES if I want to play a careful, methodical style of football. Whereas on FIFA I just want to bang in ridiculous goals and buy a load of players that would never go near the team IRL. (I bought Messi for Arsenal in FIFA 18's Career Mode for no other reason than "I have the funds, fcuk it")

The only thing making me lean towards PES even more this year than any other year is of my own biased reason: Celtic are fully licensed with Parkhead included, and I've always wanted that for years.

The days of waiting for weeks for a decent option file are gone. There is a great option file out now for Pes 2019. If you get the game, head to the pes 19 thread here and I'm sure someone will give you a link to the file.

• Advertisement

EA are releasing one icon an hour, check twitter to see Socrates, Gattuso, Ballack, Lehmann and Figo

Looking at Gattuso's face card shows why this 3 icon card system is so stupid, his 85 and 89 cards are very identical with the 85 being better in 3 of the 6 face stats and the 89 only having 2 of them greater than the 89

DmUMeW0VsAADXPZ.png:large

Best is another player where 3 cards is insane, there's barely any difference between any of them

Such a stupid system of doing things

• Registered Users Posts: 19,508 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The 3 card system allows for Icons in different positions, so it's a wonder that they give different positions so infrequently. Like all 3 of Gerrard's cards are CM/CDM, He's played a season or two primarily as a RM, surely they could've given him one card with that position just to make them somewhat unique.

Just let people change position to whatever they want and you're rid of that problem

You can play Busquets at ST with 10 chem, Ibra at CDM with 10 chem, but you'll only get Best to 7 chem at LM/LW

Some people want to see chemistry overhauled, allowing people to use players wherever they want will allow for such freedom in team building, the amount of times I'll be building a team and there'll be 4 RWs I like but no LWs, or a hybrid needs a certain player who'll only be on 7 chem, it's one simple thing that would give such freedom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Uh i hoped they had done away with that stupid three icons thing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Love all these card reveals I'll never pack or afford.

Any idea how many coins that 92 Van Nistelrooy will be? I'd love to get my hands on that card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming all the changes this year are to FUT, and career mode will just be the usual cut and paste job again?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm assuming all the changes this year are to FUT, and career mode will just be the usual cut and paste job again?

Other than the CL and EL additions, it really is

There’s a few miniscule changes that are really just fixing previous errors, there’s a list of them on this reddit thread but no proper new features and there’s still going to be 1004 things wrong with career mode

https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/978qz1/the_definitive_list_of_all_fifa_19_career_mode/?st=JLS80LFM&sh=662c623f

Advertisement