Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What really obvious thing have you only just realised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ahtfulal84

The wheels on the bus do indeed go round and round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
    She had so many children, she didn't know what to do;

Welfare sponge :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

For all the "intensive purposes" I have heard, when it really means Intents and purposes.

I'm either dumb or deaf.

But mostly dumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

ahtfulal84 wrote: »
    The wheels on the bus do indeed go round and round
    No they don't. They just go round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Where To wrote: »
    No they don't. They just go round.

They do indeed go round and round, you are confused with the, they are round,

sleeeeeeeeeeeeep your back in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Nobody likes me.:mad:

Like I give a sh1t

I quite like your posts, if that's any help.:D

Nobody on here likes me either, but I always got that. Pretty much everyone likes me irl though, so I can live with being an online baddie.:D

They do indeed go round and round, you are confused with the, they are round,

sleeeeeeeeeeeeep your back in the room.
    No they just go round continuously, there is no and. If they went round and round they would be jumping about all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Nobody likes me.:mad:

Pottler wrote: »
    I quite like your posts, if that's any help.:D

Nobody on here likes me either, but I always got that. Pretty much everyone likes me irl though, so I can live with being an online baddie.:D

I like both your posts, It being the Season of Goodwill and all that shite

No they just go round continuously, there is no and. If they went round and round they would be jumping about all over the place.
    Ok, so they go round. Jeez, we get it.:D It's obvious.

Only if they were talking, 1 wheel speaking to another wheel, I am sick of this going around and around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I used to always think that a vacuum cleaner was actually called a hoover and then realised it's just a brand name. The same thing happened me with Jeep thinking it was a type of vehicle and not a manufacturer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I just realised this week just how retarded the top men of the NRA REALLY are - and not just gun-nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hint: you don't ever have to type www. :P
    Yes you do, it depends on how the domain was registered/setup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Edit: He got in an edit first. Grr.

mattjack wrote: »

I like both your posts, It being the Season of Goodwill and all that shite
    Ahh sthopp, you'll twist me neck.:D
    I've only just realised in the last year that people really only judge you by how you appear, superficially. Dress well, people notice stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ahtfulal84

The National Roads Authority have become the National Rifles Association

Only if they were talking, 1 wheel speaking to another wheel, I am sick of this going around and around.
    Wheel's don't talk. They whine when their bearings are fcuked but they never talk. If I ever heard a wheel talk to me I'd go sign myself in somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Pottler wrote: »
    Ahh sthopp, you'll twist me neck.:D
    I've only just realised in the last year that people really only judge you by how you appear, superficially. Dress well, people notice stuff like that.

You choose how you dress, it's an external representation of you. I disagree though! What comes out of your mouth makes all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

brummytom wrote: »
    'To get to the other side'. 'Other side' = afterlife. Why did he cross the road? Gets hit by a car. Bam. Dead chicken.

So is it really a harrowing tale of a suicidal bird?

Is this some modern twist on the joke? I assume the original joke was just some kind of antijoke, would be surprised if it was about the chicken committing suicide all this time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Derv is another name for diesel, hadn't realised that til today-driving close on 20 years:o

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »
    You choose how you dress, it's an external representation of you. I disagree though! What comes out of your mouth makes all the difference.
    Or what's in your trousers.

Wheel's don't talk. They whine when their bearings are fcuked but they never talk. If I ever heard a wheel talk to me I'd go sign myself in somewhere.

So you only know female wheels? sign me in.

staker wrote: »
    Derv is another name for diesel, hadn't realised that til today-driving close on 20 years:o
    It isn't actually but I think I've been enough of an argumentative pedant for one night.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

blacklilly wrote: »
    I get it! I very rarely get anything, I'm delighted with myself

I'm delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not really! very ugly people get treated a certain way even if 50 Euro notes come out of their mouths.

So you only know female wheels? sign me in.
    Wheels have neither a penis or a vagina.

I think I've had too many drunks in the back tonight.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Men and women take off their shirts completely differently. I mean I kinda noticed it years ago (all them erotic dramas :D) but thought it was just something people in films did, I never really paid attention when any girl I knew did it. Then a couple of years ago I realised that all women do it one way (cross their arms and lift the shirt from the bottom), and all men do it a different way (pull from the back of the collar).

Ok its not a recent realisation, but I was still a fully fledged adult.

slim223 wrote: »
    I'm delighted for you

Me to, im bursting with delight-fullness.

Men and women take off their shirts completely differently. I mean I kinda noticed it years ago (all them erotic dramas :D) but thought it was just something people in films did, I never really paid attention when any girl I knew did it. Then I realised that all women do it one way (cross their arms and lift the shirt from the bottom), and all men do it a different way (pull from the back of the collar).
    Their buttons are on different sides too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I dress like a Chinese paratrooper , but sing like a Viennese choirboy.

"Ding Dong merrily on high , In excelsis Deo "

drunk already.

Advertisement