Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RKP Comms fault

Options
  • 21-02-2020 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on my HKC alarm.
    Set it when I went out this morning.
    Arrived home and it didn’t beep on entry.
    RKP comms fault displayed on the keypad.
    When I try and connect on the app I just get a message saying it can’t communicate with the system.
    No error message at all from the app.

Any idea what’s happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Effects wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on my HKC alarm.
    Set it when I went out this morning.
    Arrived home and it didn’t beep on entry.
    RKP comms fault displayed on the keypad.
    When I try and connect on the app I just get a message saying it can’t communicate with the system.
    No error message at all from the app.

Any idea what’s happening?

Comms fault on devices usually happen when they stop communication with the panel. Have you changed the batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Hi all, I'm also having this issue but I have just moved into the house and know nothing about the system at all. Any idea where I would see where to put the batteries in? Is it in the control panel somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Emma2019 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm also having this issue but I have just moved into the house and know nothing about the system at all. Any idea where I would see where to put the batteries in? Is it in the control panel somewhere?

What is the error on the keypad?
    If RF low battery then you will have a low battery on a device.
    These will be located in the sensors themselves as apposed to the system battery.

Advertisement