Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

How is anyone actually getting through to a real person? I tried last week and got transferred to their text service at 12 o clock, my bill is 100 atm, they offered me it for 78.50 for 6 months I said absolutely no way I was accepting that paltry offer..... Sorry our messaging service is closing now your package has not been changed bye!!! I kid you not it went on for 5 bloody hours, dreadful dreadful service, surprisingly enough I never got the usual email to say how their representative did...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I kid you not it went on for 5 bloody hours

Tell me you weren't paying for the call?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tell me you weren't paying for the call?

No, it was through the messaging service, he was taking about 45 minutes to answer my replies, absolutely dreadful stuff. I used the 1800 number initially maybe they were upset about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

So I had a deal on Sports for six months - Sky Sports Complete Pack for €20 and Sports Extra for €10 pm, which is now about to revert back to full price, or thereabouts, of €60 pm. On top of whatever else I'm paying,

Now obviously I'm not remotely interested in in paying that, particularly in the off-season - so what's the best means of getting them to keep it at the previous rate?

Any and all suggestions and information will be very gratefully received, cheers!

Qprmeath wrote: »
    1800 92 74 76

Which dept is that number for, do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Which dept is that number for, do you know?
    Its the general access number. When you ring you will then hear the options to select what dept you require etc

So I had a deal on Sports for six months - Sky Sports Complete Pack for €20 and Sports Extra for €10 pm, which is now about to revert back to full price, or thereabouts, of €60 pm. On top of whatever else I'm paying,

Now obviously I'm not remotely interested in in paying that, particularly in the off-season - so what's the best means of getting them to keep it at the previous rate?

Any and all suggestions and information will be very gratefully received, cheers!

Bump - Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

I cancelled sky sports and extra a few days ago. I was on the 20 and 10 euro deal for all sports. I asked was it still available before cancelling and they said no. Best they could do was 45 for both. I cancelled and just today got an offer on email with the same deal offer I was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

How is anyone actually getting through to a real person? I tried last week and got transferred to their text service at 12 o clock, my bill is 100 atm, they offered me it for 78.50 for 6 months I said absolutely no way I was accepting that paltry offer..... Sorry our messaging service is closing now your package has not been changed bye!!! I kid you not it went on for 5 bloody hours, dreadful dreadful service, surprisingly enough I never got the usual email to say how their representative did...

I was over 100, filled out the cancellation form and a very nice person came on and offered around what you were quoted 82 I think, I said no and she offered 63 which I accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I cancelled Sports, Hd and Cinema and kept basic and multiroom

They never rang me to come back.... and it’s over 6 months ago

BUT all good as I have alternatives and never once missed any of them.

So saying over €50 a month now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

I cancelled sky last week as they wouldn’t give me any offers. I have to complete my 31 days notice. Do they try and retain you before the 31 days are up or what happens. They said they send me out a box to send the kit back but haven’t received anything yet. There’s also no offers showing up in my account sections of website or on the tv

Masala wrote: »
    I cancelled Sports, Hd and Cinema and kept basic and multiroom

They never rang me to come back.... and it’s over 6 months ago

BUT all good as I have alternatives and never once missed any of them.

So saying over €50 a month now

How much are you paying for that?

woodzie wrote: »
    I cancelled sky last week as they wouldn’t give me any offers. I have to complete my 31 days notice. Do they try and retain you before the 31 days are up or what happens. They said they send me out a box to send the kit back but haven’t received anything yet. There’s also no offers showing up in my account sections of website or on the tv

Wait until the 30th day and ring them, if you don't get any joy let it cancel and ring them then they'll definitely offer you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

How much are you paying for that?

Was pay8ng €113. Now down to €53

€34 for basic plus €19 for multiroom

And I see I am going up €3-95 more on 01 July as a new price increase

spuddy90 wrote: »
    I cancelled sky sports and extra a few days ago. I was on the 20 and 10 euro deal for all sports. I asked was it still available before cancelling and they said no. Best they could do was 45 for both. I cancelled and just today got an offer on email with the same deal offer I was on.

So basically they offered it to you anyway, you just had to cancel it first -and now you have to go through the whole timewasting rigmarole nonsense of calling them back; yet again?

Do you think if you said that you know they'll offer it to you anyway, after you cancel; so why not just save everyone the time by skipping that needless step - that they might have just given it to you at that price on the phone, there and then, anyway?

Or do they just prefer to make everyone waste their time instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Do you think if you said that you know they'll offer it to you anyway, after you cancel; so why not just save everyone the time by skipping that needless step - that they might have just given it to you at that price on the phone, there and then, anyway?

Or do they just prefer to make everyone waste their time instead?

I was surprised to see the email offer as the bloke on the phone was adamant that them deals were from last year and wouldn't be available again. I was still set on getting rid of the sports so I said cancel away.

spuddy90 wrote: »
    I was surprised to see the email offer as the bloke on the phone was adamant that them deals were from last year and wouldn't be available again. I was still set on getting rid of the sports so I said cancel away.

Well, clearly he was lying - surprise, surprise. It never fails to amaze me just how stupid they seem to think their customers are, when it comes to this type of deliberately disingenuous behaviour - they really are just constantly taking the absolute piss when it comes to how they conduct their business here and the way they constantly mistreat their customers; probably because they know that can easily get away with it, in good ol' Rip-Off Ireland.

So are you going to avail of it now? Or now that you're rid of it, are you happy to just do without?

And, out of curiosity - how long do you have to take the offer up; is it time limited?

Got a good deal today, half price movies, kids, HD and multi-room and a tenner off sky signature, €63 in total. The half price deals are for 6 months and the tenner off the Signature is for the year. Best deal I've gotten in a long time,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

just noticed Ive gone from €42 April to €47 May and now due to go up to €57 on 1 July!! by chance I checked my app. I hate the way they do that. currently on phone waiting for an agent.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Sky cheesed me off about a year ago.

Been with them for years sky sports customer.

Cancelled down to basic pack, signature. Sport hasn't been real since Covid started so haven't missed it.

Realised that my big problem was that anything I wanted to watch had to be through my laptop on sky go as others always watching main tv.

Multiroom is my major gripe. How it was ever allowed to happen is beyond me. Customers should have simply refused to pay for it. It is an absolute rip off. Families should be able to watch a different channel on at least 3 tv's under terms of any subscription.

When sport gets real again, hopefully next season, I will be tested but it will have to be some deal to get me to take sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Widescreen wrote: »
    Sky cheesed me off about a year ago.

Been with them for years sky sports customer.

Cancelled down to basic pack, signature. Sport hasn't been real since Covid started so haven't missed it.

Realised that my big problem was that anything I wanted to watch had to be through my laptop on sky go as others always watching main tv.

Multiroom is my major gripe. How it was ever allowed to happen is beyond me. Customers should have simply refused to pay for it. It is an absolute rip off. Families should be able to watch a different channel on at least 3 tv's under terms of any subscription.

When sport gets real again, hopefully next season, I will be tested but it will have to be some deal to get me to take sports.

Agree with this on multiroom. My big gripe is the active blocking of Sky Go casting, e.g.Chromecast ,to a screen. One option I found worked for me was to use Sky Go on a Windows laptop and either screen share that or use hdmi out. But it's not as convenient as casting would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Bit of topic but I don't know where else to post this.

Just heard FOX is being removed from the Sky EPG at the end of June. Anyone know if shows I have in my planner recorded from FOX will still be watchable?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Anyone know did Sky ever get Channel 4 HD yet?

Anyone know did Sky ever get Channel 4 HD yet?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Rang to cancel my father's account and they pretty much just accepted it.

Any follow up deals to be had?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rang to cancel my father's account and they pretty much just accepted it.

Any follow up deals to be had?

Check the app, otherwise, he might get a call before the cutoff date.
    Failing that, ring back and request the loyalty department or the cancellations team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Check the app, otherwise, he might get a call before the cutoff date.
    Failing that, ring back and request the loyalty department or the cancellations team.

Nothing in app :(

No calls since calling. I was expecting to be put through to a second person to process the cancellation, first guy just processed it.

Oh well, no premiership for the auld fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

My 31 days cancellation period ends tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything from them with offers.

woodzie wrote: »
    My 31 days cancellation period ends tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything from them with offers.

Give them a ring, they'll offer you something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Any joy there Woodzie? in a similar spot myself.

Advertisement