Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards in 1939

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

They say that Dev is inviting physicist Erwin Schrödinger to live here and head up some new research institute! God knows what they will come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

saabsaab wrote: »
    They say that Dev is inviting physicist Erwin Schrödinger to live here and head up some new research institute! God knows what they will come up with.

Cats, they will come up with cats. But will they be alive, dead or both simultaneously?

Marcusm wrote: »
    Cats, they will come up with cats. But will they be alive, dead or both simultaneously?

Will he be allowed to bring his cat? I guess puss will have to be in a box coming over anyway. Out of the box on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

True enough but we'll need spares to keep them flying. Still it would be nice to have at least a few planes that could intercept a bomber if needed. Like going to bomb someplace important like the Dail or a major creamery.

Spares? What are you on about? Blacksmith will knock up anything that's needed and that twine they have for these new hay bales is mighty stuff, main target will be Knock with those RAF heathens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I have a bad feeling something serious will happen in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

branie2 wrote: »

I don't see any problems with Russia and Germany as both leaders seem to be great friends after this recent collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

upupup wrote: »
    I don't see any problems with Russia and Germany as both leaders seem to be great friends after this recent collaboration.

Hitler is signing non aggression pacts with all and sundry.

Apart from Poland. Danzig is going to cause trouble, I feel it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

branie2 wrote: »

You're right, I don't fancy Meath's chances in this year's All Ireland. It's probably going to be another bloody Kerry win. Hoping the 1940's will bring new and better things :)

Rawr wrote: »
    You're right, I don't fancy Meath's chances in this year's All Ireland. It's probably going to be another bloody Kerry win. Hoping the 1940's will bring new and better things :)

I saw an article in the paper about the World's Fair that has just opened. Amazing stuff about how things will be like in the future. Ireland has a pavilion in spite of a request to include us under the British.

I'll never understand this thing about announcing the birth of a child in the papers.

I see some family in Scotland who are Austin Car motor dealers announced the birth of a boy named Jackie Stewart the other day. Like, what's a kid gonna do that makes them so important that their birth has to be announced??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I'll never understand this thing about announcing the birth of a child in the papers.

I see some family in Scotland who are Austin Car motor dealers announced the birth of a boy named Jackie Stewart the other day. Like, what's a kid gonna do that makes them so important that their birth has to be announced??

These are what is called 'notions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Heard a rumour that the IRA are planning something big this Christmas.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that the IRA are planning something big this Christmas.

Nothing like a big New Years party with fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Rawr wrote: »

Definitely wicklows year next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

I saw an article in the paper about the World's Fair that has just opened. Amazing stuff about how things will be like in the future. Ireland has a pavilion in spite of a request to include us under the British.

Looks like they made this mad looking thing for it:
    Ireland-1676089.jpg

Ireland-1676099.jpg

I'm not sure I'm into all of this mad modern architecture. Hoping the new Bus Station for Dublin won't end up looking like one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

"Aren't Fianna Fail a great bunch of lads?"

Gorteen wrote: »
    "Aren't Fianna Fail a great bunch of lads?"

'Up Dev!'

Joseph Goebbels is after telling a crowd in Danzig that reunification with Germany is inevitable

And the brits are after warning Japan about their behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wow the Japanese must be sh!ting themselves

Is the price of land on the rise again? Twenty five pounds an acre for good land this year.

Got meself 10 acre field in Kildare cost me over 200 pounds!

• Advertisement

I see the boys were at it again last night, 4 bombs went off in London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

I see the boys were at it again last night, 4 bombs went off in London
    The little rascals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Why Dev wears lacy undies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmak2442

Should we do what he said this morning?

Gmak2442 wrote: »
    Should we do what he said this morning?

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Irish Press is reporting that Boards.ie is to be run by the Christian Brothers from now on.

#progress

The Irish Press is reporting that Boards.ie is to be run by the Christian Brothers from now on.

#progress

They'll put manners on some boys around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

They'll put manners on some boys around here!

yay

Advertisement