Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loans

• 10-06-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Being on Social Welfare I used to get a loan maybe twice a year from Provident.
    I know they are high interest but they were the only ones who would give me a loan. I always paid off in full but now they are pulling out of Ireland.
    Any other lenders out there that I could call ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,914 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Ish66 wrote: »
    I know they are high interest but they were the only ones who would give me a loan. I always paid off in full but now they are pulling out of Ireland.

I appreciate your reasons for using Provident but certainly would encourage you to avoid this type of lending. With the credit rating you've built up using provident would you not approach your local credit union, I know of some people on SW who've got loans from their credit unions. Obviously it helps if your an existing customer and make time to build up shares you can loan against, bring in receipts, proofs of history with provident etc, but honestly avoid high interest lenders if at all possible. Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Definitely look up the credit union option

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Qgirl

Looks like you get used to be on Social welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Qgirl wrote: »
    I don't understand what you are saying ? I am on disability, I suffer from cystic fibrosis so if you were having a cheap dig at me, I'm not sure. You phrased your sentence so badly :confused:

Qgirl wrote: »

Looks like your new to Boards and may not understand charter rules. There's absolutely no need or excuse to be unhelpful and snide. The OP asked a perfectly ligitimate and reasonable question.

OP Ignore this ill informed tripe

• Advertisement

I don't understand what you are saying ? I am on disability, I suffer from cystic fibrosis so if you were having a cheap dig at me, I'm not sure. You phrased your sentence so badly :confused:

Well said, these type of hurtful uneducated posts make my blood boil, no consideration for others circumstances, I've done my own response to this disgraceful behaviour.

Keep positive and ignore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Howcanyou

I would agree a 100% try your local credit union. It’s probably your best bet I know a handful of people who got a loan while being on some sort of a social welfare payment. I do have two loans with my local CU myself. I do work but my husband is on invalidity pension and was on illness benefit before that and they still lend a significant amount of money.

Advertisement