Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying with Dunnes gift card: Will I still get 10 EUR off each 50 EUR spent?

• 25-11-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

When I buy grocery items in Dunnes Stores with a normal Debit Card, I get 10 EUR vouchers printed on my receipt for each 50 EUR spent.
    Next time I buy something, I can present the old receipt and get 10 EUR off for each 50 EUR I spend.
    ...and I also get a new receipt with new 10 EUR vouchers printed on it.

Does this cycle still work when paying with a physical Dunnes Gift card instead of a Debit card?

E.g.
    Do I still get the 10 EUR vouchers printed on my receipts when paying with the gift card?
    Can I still spend these when paying with the gift card?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

When I buy grocery items in Dunnes Stores with a normal Debit Card, I get 10 EUR vouchers printed on my receipt for each 50 EUR spent.
    Next time I buy something, I can present the old receipt and get 10 EUR off for each 50 EUR I spend.
    ...and I also get a new receipt with new 10 EUR vouchers printed on it.

Does this cycle still work when paying with a physical Dunnes Gift card instead of a Debit card?

E.g.
    Do I still get the 10 EUR vouchers printed on my receipts when paying with the gift card?
    Can I still spend these when paying with the gift card?

Thank you.

Yes you will, how you pay is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Yes you will, how you pay is irrelevant.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

On a similar note, if I buy a 50 euro gift card will I get a 10 off 50 voucher on my receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    On a similar note, if I buy a 50 euro gift card will I get a 10 off 50 voucher on my receipt?

Certain items are exempted from the 10off50 voucher, as per notices in the stores. Items include Baby Formula, Home wares, Clothes and gift cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and now drink!

Advertisement