Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to try again for baby no.2

Options
  • 16-09-2020 10:40am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am going to be 44 in November. Unfortunately it took is a long time to get pregnant with our 4 year old boy, and I was nearly 39 when I first got pregnant. We did IUI that time and it was successful first time which was brilliant. Now I really want to try for another. We haven't been trying for long, but as before no luck, so its likely we will have to go down the fertility route again and we are going to make an appointment for the clinic very soon.

I am a LOT more nervous this time compared to the last time. I was actually very relaxed about it last time, as I don't think I expected it to work. This time I am really worried it won't work or something will go wrong. My age is playing on my mind a lot more, although I know many women have babies at my age and have no issues. Its a lot more common now for women to have a baby later in life. That's not my main concern, but other things just seem to be making me nervous. I guess I know what is ahead this time, so I know what to expect. IUI was quite straight forward, apart from having injections daily, it was actually fine.

Has anyone else gone for it a second time, or any other fertility for their 2nd baby? How did it go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gladerunner

Hi,

I'm 43 and I'm trying for our third.
    We said we would just see how it goes, but we are trying now for about 6/7 months.
    Im anxious too about age and how i'll manage, but if my body allows me to get pregnant , I figure i'll be grand.

Just go for it now.. you will never regret it.
    It will be the last push for both of us :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi,

I'm 43 and I'm trying for our third.
    We said we would just see how it goes, but we are trying now for about 6/7 months.
    Im anxious too about age and how i'll manage, but if my body allows me to get pregnant , I figure i'll be grand.

Just go for it now.. you will never regret it.
    It will be the last push for both of us :)

I am going to make an appointment with the fertility clinic soon. I don't want to put it off too long, I'm 44 next month (which I am NOT happy about!! lol). I keep having a few panic moments when I think about it. I am hearing such sad stories at the moment with all the covid restrictions in the hospital, and its making me kind of worried how it will all go. I was in tears this morning listening to a couple speak about losing their baby recently on today fm and I am actually a lot more freaked out this time than I was before. I need to stop thinking of these bad outcomes and focus on actually getting pregnant for a start!!
    I hope you have your positive test very soon :)

Advertisement