Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valee Blanche

• 15-01-2020 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Anyone got any recommendations for a guide / company to do VB. 3 boarders. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Recollection from Chamonix is there's ESF, evo and then actual mountain guides. I'm not sure where you book the latter but google might tell you. Maybe only actual mountain guides as opposed to instructors are allowed do vallee blanche as its high mountain itinerary and you should be roped up if not cramponed for the start.

But sorry can't recommend, I did it with a guide who was very good but can't remember where I got him. If you do it quick you could do a second run, a variant or head over somewhere else for more off piste, get your money's worth if you get a day's guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

we did it through UCPA in Argientiere, might be worth ringing them and asking if they have names of any guides.
    It is a great day, but if there is no powder it is really just a handy ski/board down through albeit amazing scenery
    Iif you can, don't do it until the conditions are good. Conditions were fine (ie lovely sunny day) when we did it, but no powder, but I had to take the chance when we were there, might not be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Thanks for the reply lads. Didn't work out in the end. There were no ropes at the top in place yet so guides would only take 2 people at a time and there were 3 of us. Guides wanted €440 each!! So €880 between 3 wasn't an option.
    They put ropes in on the Thursday so guides started to take 4 again so we booked for Friday AM. Literally leaving hotel and the guide rings to cancel as it viz was poor. Ah well. Maybe next time.

Advertisement