Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Status Yellow rainfall Wed 6 Jan/Thurs 7 Jan (to 0900)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Absolutely bucketing down in Bray non-stop since around 19:00 this evening, very cold aswell, yet again my digital thermometer chooses an interesting weather spell to die, buy cheap buy twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

It's the area behind Supervalue, Huntsgrove, Brookville, and onward towards the golf club. There were problems here (Huntsgrove) in 2000, 2002 (€120K damage) and then in 2014, the most recent very much due to a lack of maintenance,and an Irish Water related issues, a lot more houses were flooded in Rath Lodge, Huntsgrove, Ashewood and Murtagh's yard, and even more (about 50) were "technically flooded", which means the water level was within 75mm of entering the houses.

In theory, it should get sorted soon, there's a consultant's report and plan to be presented to the councillors next week, then it goes to public review, and in theory, they then start work fixing the problems, some funding is apparently already in place.

As for tonight, talk about the calm before the storm, it's almost flat calm here, next to no wind, or cloud cover until recently. As for what's to come overnight, who knows!

In Dundalk. Water coming in my ceiling and dripping down the wall near the front door. Second time this week. In a ground floor apartment with duplexes above. The common walkway for them has tiles on it. The grouting in places has deteriorated badly in the last while. Management Co did a temporary job yesterday. Not working though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Really chucking it down in greystones all evening, can't hear anything with the sound of rain bashing against the velux windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Really heavy for past few hours in east Wicklow. My local station, more than 30mm past 6 hours. This qualifies for orange status.

Rain has stopped, the garden stream is at its highest level on record.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Another very localised event, for which I'm very grateful, we've had next to no rain here in Ashbourne, it didn't start till after 18:00, and the back edge is just clearing us now, and I'd be surprised if we've had more than about 5mm all evening. The good thing about that is that there's not been enough extra flow in the stream to disturb any rubbish that's been thrown in recently, so the grid has remained clear.

Time to go and get some sleep, I doubt there will be anything to worry about for the rest of the night.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Delighted you escaped Steve, absolutely mental flooding around my house with my little brook spread out over the fields. Roads in east Wicklow must be in an awful state. I'm trapped at moment but expect levels to have dropped by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild noisy night up here , South Kerry mountains 400 asl ,but slept well; Irish cream home made liqueur is a great help....Loud sound effects still; be glad you are not in one part of Kerry. The folk of Rossbeigh, near Glenbeigh , have had a road fall into the sea and 14 houses have only pedestrian access.. been like that for weeks and the council are havering. Hope all here are safe and dry.

Advertisement