Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just tried to remove the remains of my shellac polish with industrial acetone from the shed. It hasn't budged it and my fingers have gone a weird white colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just tried to remove the remains of my shellac polish with industrial acetone from the shed. It hasn't budged it and my fingers have gone a weird white colour.

Two tips for you.
    1: Rub potato skins on them.
    2: Never take advice from me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah. Amputation. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Apparently Hermes (Oh christ) don't even operate in the south so there's absolutely 100% no freakin way that it had been arranged to be picked up there.

Hermes *shudder*

Worst courier company ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"We were thought [insert topic] at school." You only thought you were taught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People at sales . Sweet lord I had to pop into M and S for something and it was like a second hand clothes market in Romania . Clothes on the floor and pushing and shoving and stupid people with buggys ramming everyone . Spare me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Static electric shocks

Constantly getting them in the office

Try a paperclip attached to your clothes someplace (colleague puts it on his shirt). Apparently it works to ground you so you don't let the static build up.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    People at sales . Sweet lord I had to pop into M and S for something and it was like a second hand clothes market in Romania . Clothes on the floor and pushing and shoving and stupid people with buggys ramming everyone . Spare me

Just people in shops in general. Myself and the husband went to Sainsburys yesterday as we had a few things to pick up while we were out. (we usually get the food order delivered to the door). Christ almighty the amount of rude obnoxious people we met!!! Idiot drivers, screaming hellbeast children running wild in the aisles, people parking their trolleys sideways, people getting huffy because they opened another till after they had their shopping unloaded so they couldn't get served first, people leaving their shopping on the conveyor belt and just ****ing off to get another 10 items, the crush around the sales shelves, lack of prices on stuff for sale, people standing staring at a block of cheese for 2 minutes solid. What's so interesting on the label? Move outta my way ffs!

The 2 of us were like demons when we got home. Confirmed to us why it's so much better to just get it delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

6 hours without a TA must be a record :D

Anyway, how come far-fetched nonsense like Van Damme or Seagal films are called out for what they are, yet James Bond is meant to be a staple of pop culture? Dose of cheesy clap-trap each and every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Crooked poorly fit toilet seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Want Liverpool to beat City to the league but if City win Thursday- no Invincibles- Torn

• Advertisement

6 hours without a TA must be a record :D

Anyway, how come far-fetched nonsense like Van Damme or Seagal films are called out for what they are, yet James Bond is meant to be a staple of pop culture? Dose of cheesy clap-trap each and every one of them.

I have never watched a James Bond movie in its entirety, can't stand them whatsoever. TA the OH has whatever one is on RTE there on now, Daniel Craig has a head like a spud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm the same Rubberlegs. What a load of 00sh!te.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have never watched a James Bond movie in its entirety, can't stand them whatsoever. TA the OH has whatever one is on RTE there on now, Daniel Craig has a head like a spud.

I thought they went downhill after golden eye, the Daniel Craig ones are a load of ****e!

00cheeseball spud head sh1te!
    I'm going to sulk and read as I am not leaving the fire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Same here , I'd rather watch paint dry ,which I actually have done , once :D

TA that three time I've had to light the cooker tonight . Would not light up the first two times , now it's starting to draw , sure I'll have a blazing fire when I'm going to bed...
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

I have ran out of chocolate and there's more in the kitchen - but the dog is settled with his head on my knee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Went to start a new season of a show I’ve been addicted to, was very confused and not following what was going on...
    I realised 40 minutes in, when the main character died, that I had accidentally clicked on the last episode in the season and not the first.
    I’ve just spoiled the entire season for myself.
    Actually distraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Desperate attention seekers are getting on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

When you open up to someone and allow yourself to be vulnerable and they ignore you. I really don't know why I bother with people at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Succubus_ wrote: »
    When you open up to someone and allow yourself to be vulnerable and they ignore you. I really don't know why I bother with people at all.

Or when they use it against you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It says more about who they are as a person , not you tbh . Still not nice though .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Woke up with an awful earache and no headache tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

How long it takes to dry my hair. Fcuking nuisance.

Also, I have two small blisters on my tongue :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

**** em! you don't need people like that in your life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Went to start a new season of a show I’ve been addicted to, was very confused and not following what was going on...
    I realised 40 minutes in, when the main character died, that I had accidentally clicked on the last episode in the season and not the first.
    I’ve just spoiled the entire season for myself.
    Actually distraught.

No that is not in any way trivial!!!!!

I was away for a few days and didn't realise my Sky Plus was full. Was following Condor and had 4 episodes to go - decided to binge them all and didn't notice the machine only recorded 9 and 10, till halfway thru and a load of confusion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that write alot

alot-297x300.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I want to go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

migraines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The coffee flavoured chocolate in the Roses chocolates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

branie2 wrote: »
    The coffee flavoured chocolate in the Roses chocolates

WHAT?! They're delicious, the strawberry ones on the other hand are vile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement