Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dublin Coach Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

2 being towed up the m7 yesterday. One by keoghs the other by Corcoran’s.
    Had a run in with one of these during the week he completely cut me up on the red cow roundabout I barely missed him by inches with the truck. Complained on there Facebook page but they don’t seem to bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

john boye wrote: »
    Had to laugh at a pathetic dig from a DB driver on College Green one evening during the week. Traffic was absolutely rammed at Trinity for a while but eventually a bus got through. When he got to the stop an old woman getting on asked him what was going on at Trinity and he said "Ye know them yellow tour buses? Well they're blocking up College St and we can't get through". I just said "they're gone weeks mate" and he said nothing.

They still have the old London bus tours going though, maybe he meant the red one as they do double park just at the bend onto dame st, along with taxi, deliveries, cars etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

They still have the old London bus tours going though, maybe he meant the red one as they do double park just at the bend onto dame st, along with taxi, deliveries, cars etc etc

Yeah I did wonder if he meant the routemasters but I had walked up by College st a few minutes before and there was nothing stopped there. In fairness, There could well have been something blocking up Nassau St that I couldn't see but he specifically said College St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Had a run in with one of these during the week he completely cut me up on the red cow roundabout I barely missed him by inches with the truck.

Red Cow roundabout has been gone many years.

If you have to post fiction, please make it credible.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

tabbey wrote: »
    Had a run in with one of these during the week he completely cut me up on the red cow roundabout I barely missed him by inches with the truck.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Yet another bus broken down today on the Ormonde Road in Kilkenny, I think there’s a certain trend emerging here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yet another bus broken down today on the Ormonde Road in Kilkenny, I think there’s a certain trend emerging here!

Setra?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Setra?

No Ormond Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

liam7831 wrote: »
    No Ormond Rd

was the bus that broke down one of the setras dublin coach operate?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

was the bus that broke down one of the setras dublin coach operate?

Thank you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

04 setra

thelad95 wrote: »
    04 setra

Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Those things are seriously beyond their best before date.

3/4 million kilometres and the rest on them by now.

tabbey wrote: »

No fiction. Red cow interchange or whatever it’s called now. I was coming from city centre they were coming from m50. I was in the second lane coming from the city with a car on my inside and he just cut in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

While in no way defending the drivers actions as clearly he was in the wrong that particular exit into Red Cow luas is very poorly designed for traffic coming from the M50. Ive been on many a bus that pretty much had to come to a halt in order to change across two lanes in such a short distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

M50/N7 interchange is a joke public transport wise alright, no priority for busses going city bound. Bus is regularly delayed 5-8 minutes in the mornings trying to access ****ty bus lane which cars exiting the M50 block. The whole Red Cow Luas station design is a disaster as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

M50/N7 interchange is a joke public transport wise alright, no priority for busses going city bound. Bus is regularly delayed 5-8 minutes in the mornings trying to access ****ty bus lane which cars exiting the M50 block. The whole Red Cow Luas station design is a disaster as well.

Yes, we could have a park and ride nearby, capable of taking thousands of cars.

Bus priority, legally enforced, would be the single biggest improvement in bus travel, not just in Dublin, but throughout the country.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

They're two different coaches.

One is a Setra and the other is one of the 'new' 2009 Vanhool deckers.

devnull wrote: »
    They're two different coaches.

One is a Setra and the other is one of the 'new' 2009 Vanhool deckers.

Yeah, i actually edited the post,strange why the vanhool bit didn't appear, that one was last week, the setra was today.

Anyone else see a pussy when they opened the 2nd link.....

• Advertisement

Anyone else see a pussy when they opened the 2nd link.....

Filthy boy :pac:

Filthy boy :pac:

I'm sorry I couldn't hold it in;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Ginger as well ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Said the actress to the bishop. :)

Well the 2014 Mercedes coaches would be a lot better than the majority of the fleet!

But those are the newest vehicles that are used on ROI routes (2016 and 2017 ones are used exclusively on Belfast and Tours) and often a few of the 2014 coaches are on private hires rather than on scheduled services

devnull wrote: »
    Well the 2014 Mercedes coaches would be a lot better than the majority of the fleet!

But those are the newest vehicles that are used on ROI routes (2016 and 2017 ones are used exclusively on Belfast and Tours) and often a few of the 2014 coaches are on private hires rather than on scheduled services

They wouldn't dare use Setra's on a private hire.

People would still be waiting to get home from a breakdown.

The tourismo's have broken down,but these reports are few and far between compared to the rest of the fleet.

They wouldn't dare use Setra's on a private hire.

That's my point.

They've been running a two tier operation for a good while now, they present an image of a very young, modern fleet on their tours, Belfast route and private hires but most of their regular scheduled services couldn't be more different.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Blue Dublin Coach broken down just outside UL this evening around 7

• Advertisement

Two buses one spare in case the other breaks down🀣🀣🀣

Advertisement