Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 November16

dcresham wrote: »
    Ah very useful to know, may I cheekily ask do you pay them for any difference in costs or is that something you sort out with the Developer?

You pay them I think. We are changing the oven and we can get a credit towards the one we want to put in and pay the difference to them.

Also if you wanted to make changes with regards to plugs, switches or kitchen etc you would want to do that asap as I believe all of that is done in the factory where the houses are built, so before the modular houses get to site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

dcresham wrote: »
    Ah very useful to know, may I cheekily ask do you pay them for any difference in costs or is that something you sort out with the Developer?

We only made minor changes (colour of doors of kitchen units and knobs on units) so there was no charge. I guess it depends on what you have in mind. I've no idea about the white goods as they were not included in our sale as there was no way we were about to sign within 3 weeks as we had a house sale to close. I would give curtis kitchens a ring and I would do it soon as they do install everything fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

I was standing on rahillion crescent last weekend. The frames are up / roof on etc from 11 back to 7 and 12 is half built. 1 - 6 not yet started.

Builder had previously said they were targeting to get all the of the frames up on the crescent by Xmas, and it looks like they are by and large on track..

Aiming for snagging in March to move in April does seem realistic as when I was walking down, all of the houses on the drive looked very far along too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 raja_s

Pdbeighty1 wrote: »
    I was standing on rahillion crescent last weekend. The frames are up / roof on etc from 11 back to 7 and 12 is half built. 1 - 6 not yet started.

Builder had previously said they were targeting to get all the of the frames up on the crescent by Xmas, and it looks like they are by and large on track..

Aiming for snagging in March to move in April does seem realistic as when I was walking down, all of the houses on the drive looked very far along too.
    nice!!!. Will take a look this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone managed to get in writing that bathrooms would be tiled as per the show house? We were told this repeatedly by both the estate agent and a Ballisk representative. I asked our solicitor to get Ballisk's solicitor to confirm that bathrooms were included as per the show house excluding mirrors, which is exactly what we were told. The letter we got in reply says tiling is not included but cabinets and vanity unit are. What has everyone else's experience been? Replies appreciated.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

denisstack wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone managed to get in writing that bathrooms would be tiled as per the show house? We were told this repeatedly by both the estate agent and a Ballisk representative. I asked our solicitor to get Ballisk's solicitor to confirm that bathrooms were included as per the show house excluding mirrors, which is exactly what we were told. The letter we got in reply says tiling is not included but cabinets and vanity unit are. What has everyone else's experience been? Replies appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi Denisstack,
    It's not on our contract either however our solicitor noted the details of the bathroom on the contents page of the contract.
    Notwithstanding this we were at our house a few weeks ago and the bathrooms are as per the showhouse including tiles. Mirror is the only thing not included so I don't think this is anything you need to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

November16 wrote: »
    Hi Denisstack,
    It's not on our contract either however our solicitor noted the details of the bathroom on the contents page of the contract.
    Notwithstanding this we were at our house a few weeks ago and the bathrooms are as per the showhouse including tiles. Mirror is the only thing not included so I don't think this is anything you need to worry about

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply - appreciated. That's good to hear. I'll query it again for ourselves. We were only given the kitchen specification with our contract, no mention of bathrooms but it would seem strange that they'd do bathrooms for one buyer but not another. Maybe someone made a mistake.

We got the same with our contract, spec only showed building and bathroom. When we queried through the solicitor we got a more complete spec, it seems not all pages were scanned.

Turns out our house will have solar panels etc too, first time i heard of that was on the updated spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

Really, what number are you. Solar panels were never mentioned to us and they are diffently not on the show houses
    We got the same with our contract, spec only showed building and bathroom. When we queried through the solicitor we got a more complete spec, it seems not all pages were scanned.

Turns out our house will have solar panels etc too, first time i heard of that was on the updated spec.

I got the latest specification as well, It mentions solar panel. Need to confirm with the builder.

• Advertisement

Just heard from a friend who lives in carrs mills that people have started to move into rahillion houses at the very front of the estate..

I must go check it out.. exciting if true!

Spoke to the builder, there would be no solar panels. Looks like they had sent the wrong spec sheets

Spoke to the builder, there would be no solar panels. Looks like they had sent the wrong spec sheets

Thanks for checking. I don't intend on making an issue of it as i have found Ballisk very decent to deal with so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nikki2510!

Hi all! Great to find this ! We have just bought in crescent! So exciting :)

Just wondering if anyone knows if the wardrobes that are built into show house come with House?

Also did anyone in cresent change their kitchen? I called today but they said it was too late :( we are calling up tomorrow to have a chat but not sure if they can do much!

Thanks neighbors !

Nikki2510! wrote: »
    Hi all! Great to find this ! We have just bought in crescent! So exciting :)

Just wondering if anyone knows if the wardrobes that are built into show house come with House?

Also did anyone in cresent change their kitchen? I called today but they said it was too late :( we are calling up tomorrow to have a chat but not sure if they can do much!

Thanks neighbors !

Yes the wardrobes will be as per the showhouse.

We are on the drive but didn't make any changes, just changed the oven that's all. Might be worth calling into Curtis Kitchens to see if they can help you?

When are you due to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nikki2510!

November16 wrote: »
    Yes the wardrobes will be as per the showhouse.

We are on the drive but didn't make any changes, just changed the oven that's all. Might be worth calling into Curtis Kitchens to see if they can help you?

When are you due to move in?

Thanks a mil for that, that’s super re wardrobes ðŸ‘ðŸ¼
    Went up to Curtis today and they let me make some changes but basically said I was very late! Oops but delighted with couple bits I did change.

We were told snag April so maybe may? Our approval is until June so hoping we are done before then as really don’t want the pain of reapplying !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Went up to Curtis today and they let me make some changes but basically said I was very late! Oops but delighted with couple bits I did change.

We were told snag April so maybe may? Our approval is until June so hoping we are done before then as really don’t want the pain of reapplying !

We're in Rahillion Park. Spoke with Curtis. Everything was apparently to late to change anything bar basic colouring.

All houses are per show room. Best of luck

Hopefully you will be in by then. If you haven't already it might be worth contacting your bank now and providing them with the address of the property. We did that with ours and our mortgage approval lasts for 12 months rather than just 6 because it's property specific. That's with BOI. not sure if that's the same policy with all banks?

Can anyone who understands the planning documents better than me confirm if the landscaping in the estate is going to be in accordance with the 2011 master planning?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a snag date for the drive. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CiaraB85

Hi Guys!

This is a great little forum! Myself my husband and my 14month old daughter have bought on the Drive! We were down last week and couldn't believe how quickly they have gone up from when we were last there in August! We are only home from 6 years in Australia! We were told that the Drive are still ontime for snagging at the end of March so hopefully this is still the plan!

Oh no. What number are you on the drive. We were told snag feb and move in March. We gave notice on our house for 4th of March. Eek. Also have sister and family visiting from Oz for 3 weeks from the 30th of March. We are number 14
    CiaraB85 wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

This is a great little forum! Myself my husband and my 14month old daughter have bought on the Drive! We were down last week and couldn't believe how quickly they have gone up from when we were last there in August! We are only home from 6 years in Australia! We were told that the Drive are still ontime for snagging at the end of March so hopefully this is still the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CiaraB85

We are no 42 the last house on the road! He did say that they were completeing the houses 1 by 1 so you were probably given the correct date if your house is 14. Sorry if I gave you a fright!

Thank god. Yes did get a bit of a fright. My husband rang builder after that and asked. Feb to snag and March for keys. :)
    CiaraB85 wrote: »
    We are no 42 the last house on the road! He did say that they were completeing the houses 1 by 1 so you were probably given the correct date if your house is 14. Sorry if I gave you a fright!

We were told snag Feb, move in March/April. That was before Christmas, we haven't followed up in recent weeks to confirm. We are also on the drive.

It's getting close now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexey

Hi,
    We are in no 36, I gave a call yesterday and have been noticed that house will be ready late Feb. - early March.

Regards,

I was told the crescent was slipping to snag April move in May but it was a little unclear, depending on weather etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Yeah we are on Crescent as well and was told the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 sorchakelly

Hello Everyone,

So nice to join this and see members of the group. It's all very real and exciting now.
    We bought in the Crescent before Christmas and cannot wait to move in! We have been going out to see it every Saturday and cannot believe the progress on it at this point.
    I assume we are way past the dead line for any changes to the kitchen with Curtis as we only bought the week before Xmas.

Advertisement