Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&R Marketplace - Arcade Services

• 02-02-2015 10:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Arcade and Retro Forum - Arcade Services Thread.

ONLY people offering Arcade services can post in this thread.

You can only post ONCE. If you want to edit your post and it's gone past the 2/3 days where you can, PM me or a mod and we will do it for you.

If users see someone posting more than once, report the post and a moderator will deal with it.

No phone numbers or email addresses in the posts.

No talking about Roms\Backups etc as per usual and no offering to install these as part of your Service.

Do not post in this thread asking about someones services, asking if anyone knows someone who offers Arcade Services in your location or to thank\complain about someone who Built\Fixed something for you.

Again, to be clear, Only users offering Arcade services are allowed post here!

If you have used the services of somebody in this thread and are happy with it, simply press the "Thank" button on the post made in this thread.

If you get banned from the Forum, your advertisement will be temporarily deleted until your ban is up. When your ban has expired, please PM one of the mods and we will re-instate your ad.

You must have a post count of 50 posts, any one caught post spamming to get to 50 posts will not be allowed to put an ad up for 6 months.

If you break any of the above rules you will be warned\banned at the moderators discretion.

You MUST use the below template when offering your modding services.

Service Offered: Cab Build\PCB Repair etc
    Delivery\Collection\Post : Do you Deliver\Collect or Post?
    Cost: (excluding P&P if required)
    Payment Method: Paypal\Cash\Cheque\etc
    Duration: Estimate Time to complete

Description: Your own description with photos (optional)

Absolutely no Business or company posts are allowed here, this is a thread for Services offered by individuals only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Services Offered: Arcade Hardware - ROM burning/Decrypted CPS2 images(desuiciding CPS2 boards)
    Delivery\Collection\Post : Drop off is preferred if CPS2 due to weight of boards, postage if just the ROMS is grand.
    Cost: TBC.
    Payment Method: Cash, Paypal
    Duration: Usually within a couple of days, same day if I'm not busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Service Offered: Mame / jamma multiboard Cab Builds - control panels - artwork design - flatpack kits - all oddball jobs considered!
    Delivery\Collection\Post : Collection and couriers accommodated
    Cost: POA - Depends on the Job (But I'm sound to deal with!)
    Payment Method: Cash deposit required to cover materials, balance payable on completion
    Duration: Dependant on Build and requirements

Description:

I've a few commissioned builds under my belt and some happy customers so I have decided to advertise my services on here to help grow the business. Sourcing an old cabinet, carrying out any repairs and then modifying it for mame or jamma multiboard use may not be for everyone. I take the slightly different approach of building a completely new cab from the ground up, all design, spec and size requirements are tailored to suit your needs.

All artwork design is done by me.

if you are confident with the tech side of things but find the woodwork daunting I can supply a cabinet flatpack kit.

working away on a cocktail cab and a jukebox and will post updates when done

Feel free to contact me for a friendly chat with no pressure - heres a few pics:

This guy was a MAJOR Iron Maiden fan, so a montage of album covers was the only way to go. its now in a home bar....

359312.jpg

My most challenging build to date - Led backlit buttons/sticks/control panel/speakers/marquee/coin drop that changes to a colour of your choice via remote control. A design was etched into the control panel and sidelit to give the edges a nice glow. Could also be set to sound activated colour changing, this worked well with the jukebox software and concealed subwoofer.

The artwork was mounted behind clear polycarbonate and the jagged design was carbon fibre wrap applied to the top.

As this was exported to the UK I also configured some remote assistance, customer was a newbie so it made sense for me to simply be able to have direct access to the PC if he needed to change any settings.

359318.jpg

359317.jpg

Couple of bartops supplied in kit form with speakers and trackballs fitted and ready to connect up, Customer was fitting his own internals. look closely and you will see other video game graphics on the bubbles.

359314.JPG

Somtimes less is more, so heres a black one, you cant really make it out in the photos but it was actually finished in carbon fibre vehicle wrap, we went with black t molding. The carbon fibre under the clear polycarbonate control panel overlay kept things looking glossy.

359316.jpg

P5269309.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    maidencab.jpg
    PB088778.JPG
    unnamed (2).jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement