Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three store not selling Three topup vouchers

• 24-06-2021 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I went into my local Three store yesterday to buy a Three topup voucher, only to be told by the sales assistant that while they could topup a phone that I have with me, "we don't sell topup vouchers anymore". Not only does that mean that you can't buy a Three topup voucher for use as a present, but you have the ridiculous situation, whereby a Three store doesn't sell its own topup vouchers, yet the local post office or shop does(at a higher price though).

I made contact with Three through their web page and their customer agent assured me that their stores do still sell their topup vouchers, so apparently my local Three store is the only one of their 70 stores nationwide that doesn't sell topup vouchers for their own network, as the sales assistant did not say that they were sold out(which isn't possible as they are printed out on the spot), she said that they "don't sell topup vouchers".

So has anyone else tried to buy a Three topup voucher in their local Three store and found that they don't sell them or have Three stopped selling their own vouchers instore ?

It would be pretty incredible if you could buy a Three topup in Spar, Centra, Tesco or the post office, but not in a Three store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know about your Three shop issue, but just on this point
    heyjude wrote: »
    a Three store doesn't sell its own topup vouchers, yet the local post office or shop does(at a higher price though).

If you're buying vouchers in shops that charge extra, you're going to the wrong shops. Plenty don't charge extra, just the face value.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yes, Three stores no longer sell top-up vouchers since the vending machines were removed. Instead they apply the credit directly to whatever mobile number you tell them.

I don't see the issue as, if you really want the vouchers, you can buy them at face value in Tesco/Dunnes/SuperValu as well as post offices etc.

Buying from a shop that applies a surcharge is, IMO, simply bonkers.

Advertisement