Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One4all

• 09-01-2021 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to use these vouchers on a website like Nike.com? Is there any way to maybe buy a single use credit card that I could then top up further?
    The one4all can be used on the likes of Elverys and Lifestyle but limited to €50 per transaction so pretty useless for anything costing more than that.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can you not use it in store at Tesco and pay over the €50 with a debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to use it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to use it online.

You can't unless it's a chip and pin gold card.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

You can't unless it's a chip and pin gold card.

There are certain outlets that take it online but to a maximum of €50 per transaction.

Can the one I have be changed to a chip and pin?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

There are certain outlets that take it online but to a maximum of €50 per transaction.

Can the one I have be changed to a chip and pin?

Thanks

Sorry, that's what I meant: You can't use it above €50.

Chip and pin cards have a minimin load of €150 and require ID verification.

You can't change your current card to a different one without buying a new one (and I'm not sure you can buy an o4a with another o4a)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

Sorry, that's what I meant: You can't use it above €50.

Chip and pin cards have a minimin load of €150 and require ID verification.

You can't change your current card to a different one without buying a new one (and I'm not sure you can buy an o4a with another o4a)

You can, I recently bought a chip-and-pin version with a non chip-and-pin one.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

@grimman - how/where can you buy a chip and pin version with a non chip one?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

https://www.one4allrewards.ie/chip-pin-card-1.html

You can just purchase the chip and pin version with your existing One4All Card, I exchanged a €500 non-chip version for a €500 chip version -- use the promo code: HAPPYTOHELP to get free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I tried mine a while ago in Tesco, no dice. Didn't work at all. The guy on the tills said they very rarely actually work.

They are, basically, absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

The hassle of these cards are just one step up from Ryanair vouchers.

While a person giving you the hassle of a 0ne4all card is probably doing it out of love.
    People who give you Ryanair vouchers probably hate you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

JimmyVik wrote: »
    The hassle of these cards are just one step up from Ryanair vouchers.

While a person giving you the hassle of a 0ne4all card is probably doing it out of love.
    People who give you Ryanair vouchers probably hate you :)

whats wrong with Ryanair voucher? I have one and plan to use after being jabbed. Anything I need to know

skinny90 wrote: »
    whats wrong with Ryanair voucher? I have one and plan to use after being jabbed. Anything I need to know

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

skinny90 wrote: »

Is its expiry date summer 2022? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Only decent online retailer I found that accepted it was boots. So my Christmas present from my boss ended up being three months supply of formula, nappies and wipes :D It's money I would have spent anyway so happy enough though I aged five years trying to actually get it registered and kyc checks done etc.

I'd say a One 4 All is possibly the only gift worse than a donation in the recipients name to the Moscow State Ballet or sending a goat to be butchered in some developing country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I tried mine a while ago in Tesco, no dice. Didn't work at all. The guy on the tills said they very rarely actually work.

They are, basically, absolutely useless.

I have a chip-and-pin voucher that I've tried to use online (have activated it etc) a few times since Christmas. Always fails on the secure validation step.

Just wondering - when it "very rarely actually works", is it that it won't work sometimes but might work the next, or that it won't work at all in some shops?

i.e., should I keep trying, or try somewhere else?

I called support about this but after 45 minutes waiting on the phone, the guy knew nothing. Said it would need to be escalated and, predictably, I've heard nothing since. Another guy in work had the very same experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

My One4all tip is that if a retailer sells vouchers, then use your one4all to buy multiple vouchers for €50 and then you can purchase something fo a bigger value on the site. I did this with mcguirks and bought a new club.

The issue i currently have with one4all is that i have about 3 cards all with less than €10 on them and dont know how to use them up

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

JP85 wrote: »
    The issue i currently have with one4all is that i have about 3 cards all with less than €10 on them and dont know how to use them up

What I have done in this situation in the past is to find the exact amount on each, and them use them in one transaction, in a bricks and mortar store, such as Woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I’ve used one for all vouchers for years and only once had an issue . Restaurants, hotels , sports shops , clothes shop and grocery shops have all accepted them with no issues, even using multiple cards for bigger purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭normanbond

I have a One4all with €500 value.
    Made a purchase for €500 recently and had to endure the big wait at the till as the cashier had to input 10 multiples of the €50 max transaction limit permitted with these cards. Loads of frustrated shoppers waiting in line behind me at the till point!!
    Grrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

normanbond wrote: »
    Made a purchase for €500 recently and had to endure the big wait at the till as the cashier had to input 10 multiples of the €50 max transaction limit permitted with these cards. Loads of frustrated shoppers waiting in line behind me at the till point!!
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Got a load of them from an employer a few years back. Small amount for little daily competitions in the office. Bought a Smart TV with them in DID or PowerCity much to the chagrin of the queue behind me. In fairness they opened another till.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    Only decent online retailer I found that accepted it was boots. So my Christmas present from my boss ended up being three months supply of formula, nappies and wipes :D It's money I would have spent anyway so happy enough though I aged five years trying to actually get it registered and kyc checks done etc.

I'd say a One 4 All is possibly the only gift worse than a donation in the recipients name to the Moscow State Ballet or sending a goat to be butchered in some developing country.

I heard you only buy them for people you hate.
    They are only one tiny step above a ryanair voucher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

You can cash them in for a fee..... https://www.one4all.com/terms-conditions

2.6 You may request repayment of any credit balance outstanding on the Card by calling GVS on 0870 085 4141. A Redemption Fee will be applied in accordance with Clauses 6 and 10.

It's a bit of hassle, but worth it if there's enough on it and you can't find a good way to use it as a voucher. They're ridiculously restricted in usage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,405 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

tobdom wrote: »
    You can cash them in for a fee..... https://www.one4all.com/terms-conditions

2.6 You may request repayment of any credit balance outstanding on the Card by calling GVS on 0870 085 4141. A Redemption Fee will be applied in accordance with Clauses 6 and 10.

It's a bit of hassle, but worth it if there's enough on it and you can't find a good way to use it as a voucher. They're ridiculously restricted in usage

You can't do that if gifted from an employer due to BIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

normanbond wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrrr

The staff member must not have realised that there's a difference between instore and online.

The €50 limit is for online transactions only if its not a chip and pin card

Instore/Inperson transactions can be up to the value to the card

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

The €50 online limit is going to cause a huge drop in their sales. I know the company can't do anything about this but their usage has decreased do much.

I have 2 since Christmas and finding them hard to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The €50 online limit is going to cause a huge drop in their sales. I know the company can't do anything about this but their usage has decreased do much.

I have 2 since Christmas and finding them hard to spend.

I believe their sales have increased.

Online limits don't apply if you have their chip and PIN card and completed registration for identification.

Most corporate bonus cards are chip and pin and this is where they do the vast majority of sales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Antares35 wrote: »

Bigtime - never understood the Irish obsession with them. I guess at one point in the 90s or some sh!t they were good as you probably had a book token style paper voucher that could be used in a few places.

But now its just expensive way to give anything to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,405 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

km991148 wrote: »
    Bigtime - never understood the Irish obsession with them. I guess at one point in the 90s or some sh!t they were good as you probably had a book token style paper voucher that could be used in a few places.

But now its just expensive way to give anything to anyone.

You're not taking account of the fact that their big sales are with corporate clients. They are very tax efficient for gifting to employees.

Personally I get maybe three of them a year and have no difficulty using them,

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're not taking account of the fact that their big sales are with corporate clients. They are very tax efficient for gifting to employees.

Personally I get maybe three of them a year and have no difficulty using them,

oh I am - they are still a complete pain in the hole (for me and it seems for others too).

Last one I got, went to use it.. didn't work - called them - had to be "activated" - fine done over the phone.. but of course not really as they had to wait until the ticker tape got read out by an operator and the reel to reel backups were synchronised.. 36 hours later my card worked..

That was only 3 years ago or something.. I dont even bother with them anymore tax break aside

• Advertisement

but yeah - very old school company - they dont really care about the user experience of them.. money for old rope selling to corporates. If the small gift allowance was removed or a better competitor came along the business would disappear.

Advertisement