Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭John mac

Not bad . for €8.23 delivered. :D
    wonder if you go complete the transaction would they have to send it to you for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

Have a look at the "due in stock"date:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

kelsca wrote: »
    Have a look at the "due in stock"date:D

Maybe he know's something we don't:D Also 1 euro is a bargain!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

vanjak have them in stock for delivery today to trade €122 ex and prob 10-15 if getting delivered. , plus a couple of freebies with the offer when you input the code in there email.

1 - Triax Zone 2 Satellite Dish (DP/03A)
    1 - Triax TSI 004 Universal Single LNB (LNB/11A)
    1 - Triax Zone 2 Converter (SDA/02C)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roscoepico

Looks exactly like a ST HD 537 to me! I'd say you'll find the Saorview Logo on the EPG screen and that will be the only difference. £99.50 + VAT + Delivery from Vanjak - £130.40. Or the 537 that is more than likely the same same box for a little less from TV trade - 126.77! Few quid for a Saorview Logo, we shall see! I like the 537 if the 114 is as good I'll buy it in, I would'nt buy anything else if it has a 7 day EPG on the Satellite stations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I doubt it will have a 7 day EPG for UK satellite. From emails I've been receiving today the 537 is being sold at much reduced pricing from wholesalers to clear out stock.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

No 7 day epg on sat, I cant see it taking off nearly twice the price of a 120 just for the logo?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I believe the new TSC114 is based on the TR112 chassis. I'd like to get my hands on one to mess with.

Also, I'm keen to get my hands on the Walker combi that's supposedly coming through approval stages too. Sounds promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

byte wrote: »
    Also, I'm keen to get my hands on the Walker combi that's supposedly coming through approval stages too. Sounds promising!

Did I read somewhere that the Walker combi may also have (a form of) the Freesat EPG?

byte

dubber wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that the Walker combi may also have (a form of) the Freesat EPG?
    Indeed, that's what I was told also. Shall wait and see. Hard to know how good or bad it'll be coming from Vestel...

• Advertisement

Indeed, that's what I was told also.

+1 and another competitor box to the Walker with the Freesat like menus too in the offing so we hear, not sure on who/what/where etc yet though.

I believe the new TSC114 is based on the TR112 chassis. I'd like to get my hands on one to mess with.

That's what we were told too. With the new firmware update on the tr112, it is definitely the best official saorview box now. I know they all have the same channels, pic quality much the same but just for extra functionality like the PVR stuff and the media player so it should be a winner. Price is the only thing maybe that will put off the punters. Will have to see, looking forward to it arriving anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

That's what we were told too. With the new firmware update on the tr112, it is definitely the best official saorview box now. I know they all have the same channels, pic quality much the same but just for extra functionality like the PVR stuff and the media player so it should be a winner. Price is the only thing maybe that will put off the punters. Will have to see, looking forward to it arriving anyway.
    Any idea of the price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kodscoll

Triax TSC114 reported to be a better receiver than the previous 537 as its not been rushed to market like the 537 and will retail approx €180-€200 inc so its gonna be dear but if its as good as Triax say then it'll be worth it in the long run especially as the Ferguson Ariva 120 has been having a lot of problems ie. "ASH" on display then kaput ;-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

vanjak have them in stock for delivery today to trade €122 ex and prob 10-15 if getting delivered. , plus a couple of freebies with the offer when you input the code in there email.

1 - Triax Zone 2 Satellite Dish (DP/03A)
    1 - Triax TSI 004 Universal Single LNB (LNB/11A)
    1 - Triax Zone 2 Converter (SDA/02C)

Delivery €12.18, so €160.17each, but that is the same delivery charge for one box as for several....cheaper by the dozen!
    Trade only!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

The ISAA team have received the new triax combo, :) we will be publishing a basic review on our forum later tonight' also a ISAATV review, as a full review will take time with a good test period.

Regards,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

ISAA wrote: »
    The ISAA team have received the new triax combo, :) we will be publishing a basic review on our forum later tonight' also a ISAATV review, as a full review will take time with a good test period.

Regards,

Gerry
    Can you put a link up to that review when its live? is it on the ISAA site

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Triax are having Saorview/Saorsat event at the Red Cow on Monday if anyone is interested, 2.00pm-8.00pm, maybe this has already been posted, sorry if it has.

• Advertisement

liamtech wrote: »

A link from here will be available or go direct.

Regards

byte

+1 and another competitor box to the Walker with the Freesat like menus too in the offing so we hear, not sure on who/what/where etc yet though.
    Not a NordMende perchance? These are supposed to be coming out early Summer, presumably Vestel like Walker.

While the Walker may make use of the Freesat EPG data, it's unlikely that it'll have the Freesat features that have the box retune automatically as channels change frequency, etc. However, I'm not definite on that, just IMO.

Not a NordMende perchance? These are supposed to be coming out early Summer, presumably Vestel like Walker.

Do Triax use their own/a different platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

dubber wrote: »
    Do Triax use their own/a different platform?

Triax are an ODM. Their boxes are not made by Vestel.

Vestel make all the other stuff and rebrand the licensed chipset/chassis for Walkers etc.

liamtech wrote: »

A link from here will be available or go direct.

Regards

On the ISAATV channel now, link on the front page of the ISAA web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

On the ISAAtv channel now, goto saorsat test, on the ISAA web site and latested video or

http://www.youtube.com/user/isaatv

I see DVB-S listed in the installation menu and at the LNB input, is DVB-S2 available?

Are the Ka-Band frequencies included?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

33zb9mg.png
    Triax TSC 114 Saorview HD Combi Receiver comes with ethernet port - wasn't expecting that. Possibilities there...
    Thanks for video ISAA. Look forward to full review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭zg3409

Movie with scary sound here:
    http://youtu.be/gdTypF5RlBI

No now/next for sat channels in the EPG? :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Deep diver

I see the ISAA team have upload a review of the triax unit, and done a basic review also.

http://www.isaa.tv/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1330126729/0#0

Advertisement