Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

got this yesterday and cbebbies and cbbc and bbc news channel arent working . all other channels fine

These channels plus BBC 3 and BBC 4 moved satellite frequency earlier this week.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056770633

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

MarkK wrote: »
    These channels plus BBC 3 and BBC 4 moved satellite frequency earlier this week.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056770633

thanks MarkK. Have you made these changes? Where exactly do you do it? It seems to be in setup, transponder list - but the details given in that thread for CBBC/BBc News are already in my transponder list and I still don't have the channel....

BBC Three / CBBC and BBC News will move to
    10.818 V 22000 5/6

Attached pic is where I see it in my setup..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have a satellite cable and a terrestrial aerial cable in the bedroom. The two RTE channels come in fine and TG4 and TV3 are bad on the tv, but none of them come in on the Triax box.

What are the frequencies/channel numbers of RTE1 and RTE2 on analogue? Or if you don't know, whereabouts are you and what direction is your aerial pointing.

You may be getting RTE on a VHF aerial. Saorview uses UHF. If your aerial doesn't give TG4 reception (TG4 analogue is on UHF) then it may not be suitable for Saorview.

Life ain't always empty.

kelbal wrote: »
    but the details given in that thread for CBBC/BBc News are already in my transponder list and I still don't have the channel....

You'll need to tell the box to scan for satellite channels.

Life ain't always empty.

ninja900 wrote: »
    You'll need to tell the box to scan for satellite channels.

thanks Ninja, the only obvious scan option I can see is with installation type set to 'All', do a 'Start Search'. Is this what I need to do? Afraid it will mess up my channel listings which have been carefully organised!

• Advertisement

I can't really say, I'm not familiar with that box.
    Didn't have any success myself when trying to retune my crappy FTA box on the transponders for the moved BBC channels, ended up having to do a blind scan (about 45 minutes :rolleyes: ) followed by even more time wasted deleting duplicate, crap, and non-working channels.
    Of course with our Freesat box on the main TV we didn't have to do a thing. Have an out of sub Sky box feeding a bedroom TV and we didn't have to do anything with that either.

I wouldn't buy an FTA satellite box again if you paid me. Unfortunately all the Saorview combo boxes are just FTA boxes on the satellite side of things, no automatic adding of new sat channels, no auto retuning of moved sat channels, no 7 day EPG on sat, no red button on sat. IMHO you're way better off with a proper Freesat+HD box and a Saorview box or TV.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭cyberhog

thanks MarkK. Have you made these changes? Where exactly do you do it? It seems to be in setup, transponder list - but the details given in that thread for CBBC/BBc News are already in my transponder list and I still don't have the channel....

BBC Three / CBBC and BBC News will move to
    10.818 V 22000 5/6

Attached pic is where I see it in my setup..

thanks

You have to select the transponder and then press the blue button to rescan in order to pick up the channels you're missing.

cyberhog wrote: »
    You have to select the transponder and then press the blue button to rescan in order to pick up the channels you're missing.

Thanks cyberhog, that picked up the channels for me. Unfortunately it does add them as new channels to the bottom of the channel list, so you have to move them around again.
    Ninja900, I know this is a bit of an inconvenience - but the convenience of having all channels in one list so that you don't have to be hitting your TV's input selector all the time is worth it - never mind the added convenience of one central PVR system with one hard drive for recording. And one less remote :) I personally wouldn't go back to a 2 box system

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Xeroid

Check your cable/connector obviously. did you ever have another sat box attached to this sat cable? Any issues with it? If not, I'd bring the box back and look for another one.

Just to update you I got a replacement box today which seems fine but better still it pulled in the BBC terrestrial channels with text,seven day epg and red button, her indoors very happy now.:)

Xeroid wrote: »
    Just to update you I got a replacement box today which seems fine but better still it pulled in the BBC terrestrial channels with text,seven day epg and red button, her indoors very happy now.:)

7 days EPG on satellite, thought that was a definite non feature.

One other thing that worked unexpectedly for me is that I was recording RTE1 last night, and I was still able to watch RTE2. I thought that if you were recording Saorview you could only then watch Satellite, and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

7 days EPG on satellite, thought that was a definite non feature.

One other thing that worked unexpectedly for me is that I was recording RTE1 last night, and I was still able to watch RTE2. I thought that if you were recording Saorview you could only then watch Satellite, and vice versa.

7 day EPG on UK Terrestrial is available for those within reach of the transmitters ;) .... not Satellite ... unless Freesat ...

A single tuner should be capable of recording one channel and displaying another from the same mux or transponder.

As there is presently only one mux being transmitted for Saorview all other Saorview channels should be available.

7 day EPG on UK Terrestrial is available for those within reach of the transmitters ;) .... not Satellite .

yeah, didn't cop that he meant terrestrial :o I Had a pretty good analog reception of BBC & ITV off my aerial before I moved to the Triax - might see if it can detect the digital signal from the north;)

edit......

I just did a full channel scan again, but setting the country as UK this time - and I pulled in all the UK channels from the norths terrestrial signal - so I have those extra features Xeroid mentioned - still got the Saorview channels of course. I'm in North County Dublin, so might be a possibility for plenty out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandscape

Technically speaking it wouldn't be impossible to fetch 7 day program information over the internet in xmltv format and integrate that with the EPG for satellite channels:
    http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page
    If you asked me that would be a great product differentiation against other boxes and a nice way to use that Ethernet port...

On another note, I have noticed two bugs so far with the tsc114 latest firmware:
    1. Editing an existing timer automatically changes the channel number to the previous timer channel number.
    2. Sometimes remote stops working all together for no apparent reasons. Resetting the box is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Had an unexpected surprise over the week-end when I discovered that my Triax TSC 114 Saorview box will receive DTT from the North. I'm in Drogheda & most viewers here have received BBC/ITV from the North for years. I'm receiving from Kilkeel in Co Down on Ch 45, & getting: BBC 1 to 4, BBC News 24, CBBC, Cbeebies, BBC Parliment, & some others (300, 301 ...). The Red Button even works! The analogue signal previously received from Kilkeel was poor enough & I used FTA satellite for all BBC/ITV/CH4 & 5 channels. On the 24th I expect to receive ITV/CH4/CH5, & others as well.

Is it commonly known that (some at least) Saorview boxes will receive UK DTT services given the appropriate aerial setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

larchill wrote: »
    Is it commonly known that (some at least) Saorview boxes will receive UK DTT services given the appropriate aerial setup?

Yes.

But it won't do the FreeviewHD channels.

Ah - I see! So I havn't wasted my time or money in going for the TSC 114. I can get the HD via satellite. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

How do I save a channel list/settings to a usb key ?

buzz11 wrote: »
    How do I save a channel list/settings to a usb key ?

From the manual...............

Please Note
    This can now be saved to a USB device so that the channel list can be copied to a new receiver.
    1. Insert USB memory stick
    2. To save the channel list press “Menu”, go to “Setting” upgrade “USB/Card upgrade” and then select required folder by pressing “Enter”.
    3. Press “Blue” button to save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Does anyone have the code for any OneForAll remotes for this Triax, tried all the codes on the manual but no dice, doing my head in.

I'm having the very same problem. My Tevion one4all remote from Aldi will not work. The Triax codes given (4 of them) will not work. There must be a code out there somehow? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

I have had triax tsc114 a week or two now. Happy enough with most aspects.

The signal for saorview is better than on the saorview compatible samsung tv . (maybe rte have boosted transmition levels?)

HD channels a pleasant surprise. ....but it seems that they record only as tsv files.

I have set pvr file format to "ps" in the PREFERENCES-PVR Config menu. Most recordings are saved as mpg files..good. But some are saved as TSV .. certainly the HD channels .. whats going on?

TwoRoads wrote: »
    I have set pvr file format to "ps" in the PREFERENCES-PVR Config menu. Most recordings are saved as mpg files..good.

I presume these mpg files are encoded so that they'll only work on your box - and can't be played anywhere else? Must give it a go just in case they aren't

I presume these mpg files are encoded so that they'll only work on your box - and can't be played anywhere else? Must give it a go just in case they aren't

No:)

They transfer to pc no problem(ordinary mpgs methinks) ... not so with the TVS files though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Crabby_Hermit

donmeister wrote: »
    Does anyone have the code for any OneForAll remotes for this Triax, tried all the codes on the manual but no dice, doing my head in.
    larchill wrote: »
    I'm having the very same problem. My Tevion one4all remote from Aldi will not work. The Triax codes given (4 of them) will not work. There must be a code out there somehow? :(

I bought this remote: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9357493/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14419512/Trail/searchtext%3EREMOTE.htm for my mother because the buttons on the original remote were too small. You can scan the box with the remote which takes 10 - 15 mins or you can program each button separately by pointing the remotes at eachother.

Re: USB external harddrives powered by USB . I have a WD My passport 1Tb which works fine .. but when it is not recording/playing back it still whirrs away in the background doing nothing...maybe firmware upgrades will address this?

I also have 1Tb WD My passport used with WD Media Player.. when nothing is playing from the drive then the drive goes to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

i recorded a program on a usb and i want to play it on my computer but comes up as tsv file . how can i get it to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1 noelleg

We installed our TSC114 Saorview HD Combi Receiver on Saturday afternoon and all was well until this afternoon. Now the tv comes on OK but when we press 1 on the Triax remote control it just keeps going through 1111 over and over again. If we then press 3, it runs through 3333 until we press FAV and then it'll stay on channel 3. The man who sold us the box is really busy and can call to us but not for a few days. I think it's the remote control ....does anyone know if there is a way of resetting the remote control to the box?

Thanking you in advance .....

Doubt it. There's no encryption on TR112 recordings (which is what I have) so probably not on this box either. It's not required by the Saorview standards.
    i recorded a program on a usb and i want to play it on my computer but comes up as tsv file . how can i get it to play

VLC will play just about anything. www.videolan.org
    TwoRoads wrote: »
    Re: USB external harddrives powered by USB . I have a WD My passport 1Tb which works fine .. but when it is not recording/playing back it still whirrs away in the background doing nothing...maybe firmware upgrades will address this?

Try turning off the 'pause live TV' function if you don't need it. Or try another drive, the Seagate drive attached to my TR112 spins down when not in use but the drive light stays on. This causes a few seconds delay if I do try to pause live TV, but otherwise isn't a problem.
    noelleg wrote: »
    Now the tv comes on OK but when we press 1 on the Triax remote control it just keeps going through 1111 over and over again. If we then press 3, it runs through 3333 until we press FAV and then it'll stay on channel 3.

Take the batteries out of the remote, wait a minute, then put them back in. If that doesn't work then try plugging the box out of the mains for a minute. If you still have the problem then the box or remote is probably faulty :(

Life ain't always empty.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Doubt it. There's no encryption on TR112 recordings (which is what I have) so probably not on this box either. It's not required by the Saorview standards.

VLC will play just about anything. www.videolan.org

VLC didnt open TSV file.. but if you re-label the file as TS then it will. I imported a TS file to Movie Edit pro no problem! Problem solved!

No joy with sleeples HDD though.. still purrs even with "pause off"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandscape

Would anybody know where software and firmware updates can be downloaded from?
    I'm finding weird bugs with recordings. Programs are being recorded even when not configured in the timers list.

Advertisement