Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry burial records online

Options
  • 05-08-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I came across this post on the kerry region and thought it might be worth having in the genealogy forum for reference:

Originally Posted by ejmaztec viewpost.gif
    Kerry Burial Records online
    Quote:
    Website launched detailing burial records dating back to 1898 in Kerry

A website has been launched detailing burial records dating back to 1898 in Kerry.
    Kerry County Council and the county's three town councils, Killarney, Listowel and Tralee, came together to launch the website along with local Leader groups.
    The site will allow members of the public access burial registers in 140 Kerry Local Authority graveyards.
    168 books were scanned for the site, which comprises approximately 70,000 records.
    They can be viewed at www.kerrylaburials.ie

http://www.kerrylaburials.ie/en/index.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a personal interest in this area, and went on a trawl through the records of the old cemetery in Dunquin. It's a pity that the records don't go back a bit earlier, but that's they way things are.

I found a big surprise: there is a record of the burial in the old cemetery of Peig Bean Ní Ghuithín (Sayers) of Baile Bhiocáire in December 1958 (yes, that Peig Sayers). Her memorial stone is in the new cemetery!

Advertisement