Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-09-2017, 12:07   #16
Paul_Mc1988
Registered User
 
Paul_Mc1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 298
PMed you there. Yeah but iv been reading and watching some great reviews about trainerroad so wanna give it a try.
Paul_Mc1988 is offline  
Advertisement
19-10-2017, 13:38   #17
py
Registered User
 
py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 395
Anyone got any free trials to hand for TrainerRoad? Thanks.
py is offline  
19-10-2017, 13:40   #18
bp_me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via ICQ to bp_me Send a message via MSN to bp_me
I think I have 2 left.

Edit: Ok. Sent to PY. I have one month left for the next person who digs up this thread

Last edited by bp_me; 19-10-2017 at 15:50.
bp_me is offline  
Thanks from:
19-10-2017, 16:55   #19
py
Registered User
 
py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 395
Many thanks, worked a treat.
py is offline  
19-10-2017, 20:51   #20
wirelessdude01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_me
Edit: Ok. Sent to PY. I have one month left for the next person who digs up this thread

Can I nab the remaining one?
wirelessdude01 is offline  
Advertisement
19-10-2017, 21:04   #21
bp_me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via ICQ to bp_me Send a message via MSN to bp_me
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessdude01 View Post
Can I nab the remaining one?
Yup. Send me a PM with your name and email address.
bp_me is offline  
20-10-2017, 11:15   #22
Macy0161
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Co. Wicklow, ~228m asl
Posts: 4,868
Kinda thinking aloud before I test it myself, but has anyone tried TrainerRoad with an Android TV Box? Got one for TV/ Music while doing sessions, but thinking it might be an option rather than the netbook in and out to the pain cave (and I don't really like the phone when trying to watch TV at the same time)? Also thinking ahead if/ when zwift launch on Android.
Macy0161 is offline  
20-10-2017, 16:48   #23
wirelessdude01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_me
Yup. Send me a PM with your name and email address.

Done.
wirelessdude01 is offline  
29-01-2018, 10:20   #24
Macy0161
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Co. Wicklow, ~228m asl
Posts: 4,868
Coming to the end of base phase. My plan is to do club (evening) leagues this year - so anyone any recommendations as to whether I should go Short Power Build or General Build (and then crit or rolling road race speciality)? From what I can work out the races wouldn't be crits in the strictest sense, but generally an hour or so in duration (handicapped start), which has me thinking short power then crit speciality.

I've never raced before, and have been concentrating on TT stuff since I started structured training. I've no real pretentions of doing anything but hanging on as long as possible in the races!
Macy0161 is offline  
Advertisement
29-01-2018, 10:24   #25
JimmiesRustled
Registered User
 
JimmiesRustled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy0161 View Post
Coming to the end of base phase. My plan is to do club (evening) leagues this year - so anyone any recommendations as to whether I should go Short Power Build or General Build (and then crit or rolling road race speciality)? From what I can work out the races wouldn't be crits in the strictest sense, but generally an hour or so in duration (handicapped start), which has me thinking short power then crit speciality.

I've never raced before, and have been concentrating on TT stuff since I started structured training. I've no real pretentions of doing anything but hanging on as long as possible in the races!
If its only club league stuff I'd look at short power build as club league is generally an hour or so worth of a race. Are you still doing TT's or just strictly looking at club league?
JimmiesRustled is offline  
Thanks from:
29-01-2018, 10:31   #26
Macy0161
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Co. Wicklow, ~228m asl
Posts: 4,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmiesRustled View Post
If its only club league stuff I'd look at short power build as club league is generally an hour or so worth of a race. Are you still doing TT's or just strictly looking at club league?
The club leagues are the main priority this year. I'll be doing a handful of TT's/ Tris at most, so not gearing the training around them. I think/ hope the weekend spin will look after the endurance/ more steady state stuff side for TT's and sportives. Well enough for my goals in them anyway.
Macy0161 is offline  
29-01-2018, 12:18   #27
jntsnk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 211
Send traineroad a message on Facebook. I did , got a great response, as I was wondering after base as well.
jntsnk is offline  
29-01-2018, 12:49   #28
dahat
Registered User
 
dahat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,098
I'm looking General build then Rolling Road for the speciality phase for A3 racing this year as I'll need to be able to power up climbs to avoid being dropped.

I might as above drop them a mail and see what they recommend but hard to describe racing here to an American id say.
dahat is offline  
29-01-2018, 13:54   #29
bp_me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via ICQ to bp_me Send a message via MSN to bp_me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahat View Post

I might as above drop them a mail and see what they recommend but hard to describe racing here to an American id say.
From listening the podcast it seems like the only difference is the opinion on what counts as a climb (hint... we dont have many).
bp_me is offline  
29-01-2018, 15:03   #30
Macy0161
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Co. Wicklow, ~228m asl
Posts: 4,868
Might try facebook, as I'm continually disappointed not to have my question read on the podcast...

In other news, anyone do the Ramp Test that they're testing to replace the 8 and 20 minute tests? Did it yesterday, albeit with tired legs after a hard club spin on Saturday, but haven't got the outcome yet. I feel I've fecked up the pacing of my last couple of 20 minute tests/ hit a mental barrier with them, so will be interested to see how it compares. They're also hinting that they'll be going more like a training peaks style, allowing you to upload outdoor rides and track total TSS within TrainerRoad.
Macy0161 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet