Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardman 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

griffin100 wrote: »
    Long Distance could be at risk now if the Government implement an 'all sports behind closed doors' policy as being reported by RTE.

I don't think that will have any implication as spectors are not allowed at tri events already.

But if outdoor meetings limited to 15 as I see suggest somewhere that would have an impact ...

What I struggle with is to find good evidence based information what are the biggest spreaders of covid.ie how does the evidence based decision making if government works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭griffin100

Deffo happening according to Alan. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

I'll be kayaking for it, look forward to seeing yee all there

okane1 wrote: »

You're gonna need a bigger boat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Very strong field at the top, all its missing is a Brownlee or it might be the strongest IM distance on Irish soil? You'd imagine BMcC for the win but I guess nothing is set in stone this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

From studying the maps, it seems a very short run from collecting your bike to the mount line. Am I right?

Yes, very short. Run over grass transition and onto a tar / gravel road. 50m maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Maybe a dumb question but what's the reason behind changing at swim exit and not just leave all that until we get to our bike spot?
    I know the briefing says your box will be at your bike when you return from bike. Cheers

Maybe a dumb question but what's the reason behind changing at swim exit and not just leave all that until we get to our bike spot?
    I know the briefing says your box will be at your bike when you return from bike. Cheers

I assume it's a space thing to stop people tripping over boxes in transition.

Went through briefing again. I'm over complicating it. Bike start and bike finish/run start are 2 diff spots so they will move your box over while your out on bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

The run seems like a complicated route when reading the briefing but I presume it is (fairly) well signposted?

its not so complicated, in 10 years i know of 1 runner that got lost ( of course i dont know everybody lol

peter kern wrote: »
    its not so complicated, in 10 years i know of 1 runner that got lost ( of course i dont know everybody lol

I got lost in the first year and ran a fair distance the wrong way as there was no signage at a junction. I've spoken to others who got lost at the traffic cone turnaround in recent years when they forgot to turn back :D

It's easier to follow the route on the ground, keep and eye out for and follow the signage. It's not too difficult and with 150 odd persons on the route there should always be someone to follow (if you're me that is). Don't over think it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Do we need to learn off the turns mentioned in the briefing (e.g right turn in Kenmare) or will there be a marshal there?

niallo32 wrote: »
    Do we need to learn off the turns mentioned in the briefing (e.g right turn in Kenmare) or will there be a marshal there?

First the first couple of years they gave us laminated maps /)

It’s hard to get lost.

Leave Killarney following the N71 and just before Kenmare turn right onto the N70 - it’s usually marshalled. If you pass a garage without turning you’ve gone too far.

N70 all the way to Kilorglin. It’s obvious, only tricky but is Waterville, but when going through the town keep the sea on your left. Special needs station on exit from town.

Can be tricky as you exit Kilorglin, follow the signs for Killarney and once over the bridge turn right onto N72 and back to Killarney. Pass T1 and keep going the same way you did at the start of the bike, turn right at the roundabout and you’ll see T2 easily on your right.

I use the big towns as waypoints - Killarney - Kenmare - Sneem - Waterville - Cahirsiveen - Kilorglin - Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

First the first couple of years they gave us laminated maps /)

It’s hard to get lost.

Leave Killarney following the N71 and just before Kenmare turn right onto the N70 - it’s usually marshalled. If you pass a garage without turning you’ve gone too far.

N70 all the way to Kilorglin. It’s obvious, only tricky but is Waterville, but when going through the town keep the sea on your left. Special needs station on exit from town.

Can be tricky as you exit Kilorglin, follow the signs for Killarney and once over the bridge turn right onto N72 and back to Killarney. Pass T1 and keep going the same way you did at the start of the bike, turn right at the roundabout and you’ll see T2 easily on your right.

I use the big towns as waypoints - Killarney - Kenmare - Sneem - Waterville - Cahirsiveen - Kilorglin - Killarney.

Great cheers, can picture all the turns in my head, hope I'm not day dreaming Saturday!

you could swim ....

peter kern wrote: »
    you could swim ....

Did for the first 4yrs now I rather sit on my ass and watch!!
    Haven't done OW swimming in years, I'll be upset with my time compared to previous (51min).

Run course updated due to flooding. Any fears of getting lost as now removed

Run course updated due to flooding. Any fears of getting lost as now removed

11 laps........

• Advertisement

11 laps........

On the plus means your passing your nutrition bag more often so less reliant on carrying bottles etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

The commentary on the vids is gas!:D

"Nissan X-Trail, as good onroad as off, which doesn't say much for it..."

"There's a man here with a goat..."

"On our left is Danny Cooper, brother of the Gooch..."

Down to 10 laps now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Unfortunately I won’t be at the start line for this years race it came to soon after injury. Wishing you all the best and safest race. Looking forward to the race reports.

Now get some sleepðŸ˜

Lake was like a chilled pool this morning. Rising sun made sighting top bouy difficult for most. Weather so far playing nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Anywhere to track?

Byran just in, reckon 4.30 for the bike. No gap yet but reckon it's miles. Started at 06.35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Byran just in, reckon 4.30 for the bike. No gap yet but reckon it's miles. Started at 06.35

Savage going

Bryan finished first, sub 9hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Savage from Zico!

Advertisement