Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Alarm with Home Assistant Integration

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Has anyone flashed a regular ESP8266 board with Konnected? I've flashed 3 and installed them in parallel with my old HKC 8/12 alarm that has an expander so 12 zones in total. It's working well bar one possibly 2 zones that freeze in konnected and on the panel itself. I made up my own voltage divider so that all zones when open have their 5v reduced to 3v triggering the binary input pin on the ESP. When a zone gets stuck, it's stuck closed and the voltage at the panel terminals is only 3v(not the usual 5v) if I disconnect the wire from the zone to the ESP8266 it returns to 5v but something on the ESP is pulling it down, the zone will return to normal after several hours if left alone and the voltage to 5v. I suspected my homemade voltage divider so used another but the problem always stays with the same zone I've changed the wiring on one affected zone to a free pair in the same cable but the problem returned. Has anyone seen anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I think I have it figured out it looks like the internal pullup resistor is enabled by default in the Konnected firmware and testing with ESPhome displays the same behavior if I enable the pullup. I've no idea why out of 10 zones it only appears to affect 1 possibly 2. Anyway I think I'll drop konnected for now and switch to ESPHome.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

Thanks for this I now have my 1070 up and running nicely into smarttings home monitor even via konnected even with "part set a" as "stay arming" aswell as full set within smarttings, with also being able to use motions devices in smarttings if I wish to trigger the hkc panel when armed.

Cheers for this 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Lads,

Which board do I need, all I want to do is set/unset the alarm trigger the panic alarm and get a notification when the alarm goes off. I don't need to read all the zones status most Zones are HKC ID sensors so this probably wouldn't work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Darren_walsh51

Anyone willing to look at these settings and let me know where I'm going wrong?

I'm notified when the alarm is turned on but not off.

Arm/disarm doesn't work nor does the siren status.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Due to copywriting restrictions, manuals can't be shared here, I had to remove the manual and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No. got sidetracked by other HA stuff. Must get back around to it. Have you got the same board? What f/w is it running?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I have the 1070 board with v3.2.1 firmware. 10 zones in use. Curious is there's alarm/zone status sniffable over the serial or usb ports.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I understood there is/was, but that it was removed in newer firmwares (when HKC were bought by Assa Abloy). Check the link csl-group link I posted above. It gives the pinout for the serial port (beware, Vcc = 12V!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

I have an Astec 49d, its all working ok but I was thinking of adding Konnected interface to monitor and arm/disarm etc. Does anyone know if the Astec supports programmable sensors to allow alarm detection and arm/disarm capability?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

I bought the ring integration for wired alarms ages ago from the states.

Never used it if anyones interested?

Advertisement